HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Slowest defense in NHL?

Old
10-19-2010, 01:18 PM
John Torturella

vCash: 500
Wait a second! Lets get the ratings from the video games! Those are sure to be accurate.

John Torturella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
He was slow last season, he actually looks slightly faster this season.
I don't mean straight away speed. I'm referring to his overall agility.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Ribban

Tsk, tsk tsk.

The Rangers aren't slower than any other team per se. At least not to the point where it manifests itself like it does on the ice.

There is an apparent lack of skill and hands on the team (especially on defense), preventing the Rangers from consistently moving the puck, breaking out with speed, and put pressure the other teams defense effectively.

There are so, many sloppy plays by guys who obviously have the skill to play in the NHL. It just keeps blowing my mind, and I'm not talking about one or two instances although one example that is the Rangers in a nutshell so far was when Del Zotto tried to control a lazy saucer pass (puck's flipping all over the place) at the blue line on the 6 on 5 (against Toronto?). Instead of using his foot (he had plenty of time and space), he is trying to pin the bouncing puck with his stick, can't control it, and it drops out over the blue line. Awful pass, bad choice on DZ, all resulting in another lost opportunity to play offense.

Ribban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:40 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I don't know about on the whole, but Del Zotto, to me, looks considerably slower than he did last year. I really think he took a hit in the agility/speed department this summer.
On a few occasions he came bolting out of the zone and I was like "Whoa"... he got a little faster, but i agree, on a whole he seems sluggish in his skating. That might repair itself as the season moves on. But somethings not right there with him this year.

There has been a few occasions, and i hate to admit this because i love his game - where i said to myself "I dont like him"...

But its early - he needs to get his defense together - quick.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:41 PM
MorrisWanchuk

watching at the garden last night, i couldnt work out if Staal was lazy or languid. i guess there are different reasons for looking slow

MorrisWanchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:53 PM
Claxton

Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
rozy cannot skate. if you watch him, he wobbles side to side and goes no where.

in fact, hes gotten so bad that many times he just glides through the neutral zone and stick handles while gliding. he isnt even moving his feet.

last night he was beaten on icing plays by forwards more than once.

hes both slow and lazy. hes plodding. like an elephant.

only worse.
And yet another penalty last night where he gets caught flat footed at his own blue line and decides he absolutely has to trip the guy instead of moving his damn feet!

The "we gotta keep him hes our only veteran defenseman!" on the team argument is flying out the window pretty fast.

Claxton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claxton View Post
And yet another penalty last night where he gets caught flat footed at his own blue line and decides he absolutely has to trip the guy instead of moving his damn feet!

The "we gotta keep him hes our only veteran defenseman!" on the team argument is flying out the window pretty fast.
I'm starting to lean on the side of getting rid of Rozsival. He's been stupid in the first four games... I know it's only four games, but he's just been so stupid and lazy, and like you said, he gets caught flat-footed. He barely shoots when he's on the power play - excluding last night, he doesn't play to his strengths and shooting the puck at the point is a strength when he uses his stick.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:01 PM
Bardof425*

Mcd

The best skating defenseman in Rangers' camp this year was Ryan McDonough. Once he is used to the pro game he will be manning the Rangers' blueline. I'd say no later than Dec.15. He will need to find some nastiness, but his physical play will be more than sufficient. If Gilroy is a 7 on a scale from one to ten, MCD is an 8.5 or higher.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Bardof425*

Rozi has been stupid forever. He just used to cover up his laziness and stupidity with excellent stick skills. Those skills have lessened and the gap between his skating and the overall speed of the game have widened so much that he is constantly just trying to catch up to the play. If any of the other teams feel he has value at $5 million per, move him. Move him now.

Bardof425* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:17 PM
mullichicken25

i give up

im staying out of threads/conversations about rozsival

the idiodic/ignorant comments about him are out of control and mind blowing

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:25 PM
94now

Slowest? In the NHL?
Oh, please... Don't be pathetic! We are not the slowest, nor we are the worst. We are at the top of the bottom half. Our problem is NOT that we are there. The problem is we are there for too long.Speed of our Ds has nothing to do with it.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:26 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post

i give up

im staying out of threads/conversations about rozsival

the idiodic/ignorant comments about him are out of control and mind blowing
lol, then either DON'T post, or elaborate on what the heck you're so bothered by. don't go half way.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 02:29 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
lol, then either DON'T post, or elaborate on what the heck you're so bothered by. don't go half way.
been there, done that, got very few responses...this is me hanging it up and saying you guys are right

trade him for pucks!

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote