HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Proposed trade:

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 08:28 AM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Proposed trade:

With Valiquette gone, and Deslaurier's perhaps not ready for full time duty in the AHL, would the Oilers be interested in picking up Canucks AHL goaltender Tyler Moss?

Moss is an exceptional AHL tender, but not exactly a winner in the NHL. He doesn't want to be in the Canucks organization as Burke has stated that Auld will play the starter role & play a lot of games for the Moose next season. Moss would perhaps be a good veteran keeper to have in front of Deslauriers, and it would give him a chance to play the starter role for the Roadrunners.

The only cutting point here I think would be that Conklin would have to succeed in the NHL backup job, which he's not doing thus far.

Maybe Moss for a low-level-prospect or another AHL'er *shrugs*

Old
10-04-2003, 08:34 AM
Mowzie
Asst. Dishwasher

If we want to get a 3rd string goalie from Vancouver, we'd rather take Dan Cloutier.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:55 AM
VayaConDios

Maybe Vancouver wants Kristian Antila?

Old
10-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Jim_Harnock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
Deslaurier's perhaps not ready for full time duty in the AHL
It has nothing to do with him not being ready -- he's not AHL elligible yet.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:19 AM
Larry Fisher
HFB Partner

No and no...

In regards to our goaltending situation I think even KLO and MacT wish Ty was still on a two way contract.

But the fact that he isn't makes it hard for us to acquire another NHL goalie without getting rid of at least one.

My take on the future in our pipes is; a trade will be made and in the near future.

I think KLO will be patient and let the Salo, Conklin duo give it their best shot but if either or both falter early in the season he will pull the trigger.

There are teams (Atlanta and Buffalo) who are holding 1 or more goalies on the verge of contributing huge and i think as the teams goalie situations play themselves out, KLO could reel in the left out guy(s) for a pretty fair price.

I think you will see one of Biron, Norenen, Miller, Nurminen, or Hurme...but NOT Dafoe or Lehtonen dawning Oiler dreads before Xmas...what happens to Conks i don't know but i think any of those 5 would have to be considered an upgrade and a step in the right direction as far as solidifying our goaltending and the future.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:51 AM
oilers_guy_eddie

Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
Oiler dreads
Anson Carter is now a Ranger

I'm not exactly comfortable with where the Oilers' goaltending is at right now... I had a lot more confidence in Markkanen than I do in Conklin, for whatever reason, and if Salo spends any time hurt this season I'm going to be extremely concerned. And the Roadrunners situation looks equally gloomy. Moss might help with that situation, but I would hate to be in the position of having to call up Tyler Moss with the expectation that he plays any NHL hockey.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:57 AM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizral
With Valiquette gone, and Deslaurier's perhaps not ready for full time duty in the AHL, would the Oilers be interested in picking up Canucks AHL goaltender Tyler Moss?

Moss is an exceptional AHL tender, but not exactly a winner in the NHL. He doesn't want to be in the Canucks organization as Burke has stated that Auld will play the starter role & play a lot of games for the Moose next season. Moss would perhaps be a good veteran keeper to have in front of Deslauriers, and it would give him a chance to play the starter role for the Roadrunners.

The only cutting point here I think would be that Conklin would have to succeed in the NHL backup job, which he's not doing thus far.

Maybe Moss for a low-level-prospect or another AHL'er *shrugs*
I agree that the Oilers should go grab an additional goalie, I'd just rather see someone other than Tyler Moss. There are a ton of options out there, but some are more NHL-substitute ready than Moss is IMO. Don't have a list right now, but I have some guys in mind, just need to locate them and see if they're available.

If we did trade for Moss, I'm thinkin it'd be something like an 8th rounder. Waiver-availables don't net you players, even low-level ones.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:01 AM
Lowetide

Where's that kid the Canucks had last year, he was a pretty good one from what I saw. Pretty young, they got him for a pick?

Vancouver is a tough place to be a goalie (and a GREAT place to be a winning goalie). Auld, thats the guy.

Auld. We'll take him. Did you guys ever pay us back for Blair MacDonald?

Old
10-04-2003, 01:14 PM
Pudge89

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by salostyle
In regards to our goaltending situation I think even KLO and MacT wish Ty was still on a two way contract.

But the fact that he isn't makes it hard for us to acquire another NHL goalie without getting rid of at least one.

My take on the future in our pipes is; a trade will be made and in the near future.

I think KLO will be patient and let the Salo, Conklin duo give it their best shot but if either or both falter early in the season he will pull the trigger.

There are teams (Atlanta and Buffalo) who are holding 1 or more goalies on the verge of contributing huge and i think as the teams goalie situations play themselves out, KLO could reel in the left out guy(s) for a pretty fair price.

I think you will see one of Biron, Norenen, Miller, Nurminen, or Hurme...but NOT Dafoe or Lehtonen dawning Oiler dreads before Xmas...what happens to Conks i don't know but i think any of those 5 would have to be considered an upgrade and a step in the right direction as far as solidifying our goaltending and the future.

I have to say I love the way you are thinking her. With Horcof's surge in the playofs last year, and then at the WC's, and the emergnce of even more of our rookies(Torres, Rita, Salmalaineen, Chimera, Stoll)...I think we migfht be able to deal Comrie and Rita to Buffalo in exchange for Miller and Connolly. Connolly is a big centre with unbelievable hands, and Miler is a future number one netminder in this league. I am just ranting here, but think that this could lead to something.

Old
10-04-2003, 01:39 PM
Easilee 27

I seem to remember being terrified of having Markkanen, and Conklin as #2, & #3 a couple of years ago. Jussi got it together, and so will Conklin. As for Toronto, they'll probably let Antilla start the season and see what happens. The best way to truely test a goaltending prospect is to throw him in the fire for a little while and see how he handles it, like they did with Conklin two seasons ago.

Old
10-04-2003, 08:05 PM
Oiltown16

I think Conklin will do great for the Oilers, I've always liked him more than Markkanen. If you doubt Ty, just look what's he done in his limited playing time in the NHL...not bad

Old
10-04-2003, 11:34 PM
Ironchef Chris Wok*

Send a message via ICQ to Ironchef Chris Wok*
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowetide
Where's that kid the Canucks had last year, he was a pretty good one from what I saw. Pretty young, they got him for a pick?

Vancouver is a tough place to be a goalie (and a GREAT place to be a winning goalie). Auld, thats the guy.

Auld. We'll take him. Did you guys ever pay us back for Blair MacDonald?
Speaking of "unpaid debt"... What ever happened to Roman Oksuita?

Old
10-05-2003, 11:29 AM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironchef Chris Wok
Speaking of "unpaid debt"... What ever happened to Roman Oksuita?
He is now playing for his native team Khimik Voskresensk in Superleague and scored a goal today.

Closed Thread