10-19-2010, 11:27 PM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IME View Post
did anything happen to Miettinen?
Hopefully.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:30 PM
BigT2002

only 16,xxx there too. Ouchie

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:32 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
only 16,xxx there too. Ouchie
I guess those last minute $22 upper deck tickets didn't do the trick.

Oh well, we all knew it was going to be a bit of a rough season.

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:41 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

if this continues... i'll be trying to rush tickets a lot when the wife is out of town. *smiles* now will need to find free parking...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:44 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
if this continues... i'll be trying to rush tickets a lot when the wife is out of town. *smiles* now will need to find free parking...
Show up early and steal some street parking a couple blocks away. That's what I also do anyway.

Old
10-19-2010, 11:46 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Go to Eagle and park in the back a few hours before the game. If not, just head up the road a little ways and there is a church I think

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 11:47 PM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Quote:
Not a bad plan.

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:01 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

Just realized the Zidlicky pass to Bruno on his goal was between his legs - how cool is that?

GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:03 AM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

yeah, i have to lay off the Zid hate for a while. He played well out there.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:33 AM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynryn View Post
yeah, i have to lay off the Zid hate for a while. He played well out there.
To be entirely fair, the only player who really didn't play "well" was Koivu, who was sick, and still had a point.

No one looked bad enough to warrant a complaint, imo.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:47 AM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
To be entirely fair, the only player who really didn't play "well" was Koivu, who was sick, and still had a point.

No one looked bad enough to warrant a complaint, imo.
Zanon in the 1st period for me, but that's about it. I didn't notice Koivu as not playing well.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:52 AM
nickschultzfan

Nice to see Richards get the lines right. Hope he sticks with them for the time being.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:06 AM
tomgilbertfan
u wot m8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Nice to see Richards get the lines right. Hope he sticks with them for the time being.
He has to keep Lats and Havlat together, they play so well together.

tomgilbertfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

GREAT game to be at!

We scored 5th row lower bowl tickets...after a great meal, saw a great game. Excellent effort by everyone, couldn't tell these guys were battling the flu. Chased Luongo, lots of goals to cheer about, and of course the fan fight was nuts. We were facing the benches so we got to see it all unfold. Absolutely crazy.

16,800 was the announced attendance and it looked very accurate. Lots of fans in the stands, some green, but I like that they're being honest finally. It's hard to gauge your success if you don't have real numbers. That said, after we scored the 5th goal, the crowd started getting bored and wasn't cheering for anything really, or being half-***ed about it. Pretty disappointed.

I like the new ice shovelers. Cute lady hockey players are awesome. And concessions are ridiculous as always.

As for the players, nobody stood out as playing poorly from what I saw. I got a better look at the LW and defense, but there wasn't anyone who seemed to be flubbing passes and making mistakes throughout the game. In the third, they stopped moving their legs as much and as a result passes weren't crisp, but being up 6-1 that's okay.

Defensively, they seemed to do a great job of keeping guys to the outside. I don't know how much of this is Richards adapting, Wilson's influence, or just players buying in and executing, but it looked much better than last year. Backstrom didn't have to make too many ridiculous stops from the middle of the ice, didn't have to face a wealth of odd man rushes, and he had good rebound control and positioning.

Offensively, I was very impressed by Latendresse, Havlat, and Brunette. All three were working very hard and holding the puck well. Lats and Bruno were amazing to watch on the boards, and Koivu had some good battles as well.

I love the puck movement on the PP. I know a lot of the numbskulls in the crowd were yelling SHOOOOT as soon as the Wild touch the puck, but they got their feet moving laterally, cycled the puck along the blue line to pull the other team across, and made a good pass to the half wall for a shot with a lot of success.

Lou wasn't seeing pucks well at all tonight, which was hilarious. Shame the fans at the other end weren't taunting him more. If we had Nashville's fans, he would have probably started a fight with someone in the crowd. Lazy Wild fans, show some energy.

More than made up for the stinker from last year's Chicago game, just a ton of fun. Hope the guys show even half this much energy and effort for next week's Caps game...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 10:09 AM
llamapalooza
Hockey State Expat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Lou wasn't seeing pucks well at all tonight, which was hilarious. Shame the fans at the other end weren't taunting him more. If we had Nashville's fans, he would have probably started a fight with someone in the crowd. Lazy Wild fans, show some energy.
There was plenty of taunting from the "Wild Shoot Once" end, where Lou was in the second, so I'm guessing you meant the "Wild Shoot Twice" end when you say "the other end." We did our part!

llamapalooza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 10:18 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

You guys weren't loud enough I didn't hear much from over there (we sat in attack twice). Then again, I was the loudest guy in my section, which is embarrassing because I'm fairly quiet and only had two beers BEFORE the game (and none during)

Also, what happened to clapping for effort? Man, Mikko and Mittens were battling in the corner for about 15 seconds once (our end), which is an ETERNITY when battling in the corner (most grueling thing you can do in hockey IMO), and very little appreciation from fans. Sad...

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote