HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What kind of production do you expect from everyone next year?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-06-2010, 02:49 PM
  #101
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrudez View Post
I think Zherdev may very well lead the team in points this season.
After the first twenty games, yes. After eighty-two, no.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-06-2010, 02:53 PM
  #102
agrudez*
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 2,612
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
After the first twenty games, yes. After eighty-two, no.
I didn't say he'd have a positive +/-.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
  #103
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Bump for sh*ts and giggles, do people still feel so strongly about their predictions? 100 pts for Zherdev, Carter, and Richards...the lock of the season.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:26 AM
  #104
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Bump for sh*ts and giggles, do people still feel so strongly about their predictions? 100 pts for Zherdev, Carter, and Richards...the lock of the season.
Funny that you'd bump a thread where you called everyone's predictions out, but didn't make any real predictions of your own.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:29 AM
  #105
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Funny that you'd bump a thread where you called everyone's predictions out, but didn't make any real predictions of your own.
I don't think anybody with a realistic approach had anyone over 85 points.

And most people certainly didn't have anyone other than Carter and/or Richards over PPG.

This is just Cartsiephan's way of making himself feel better, I guess. Let him be.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:35 AM
  #106
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I don't think anybody with a realistic approach had anyone over 85 points.

And most people certainly didn't have anyone other than Carter and/or Richards over PPG.

This is just Cartsiephan's way of making himself feel better, I guess. Let him be.


I had to check to see if you had me in the reasonable or unreasonable group. I have Carter leading the way with 72 points... perhaps that puts me in the unreasonable group for projecting too low.

CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:42 AM
  #107
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
That is easy, no chance Zherdev gets 30-40, maybe 25-24. Hartnell has a better chance of 30-30 again than Zherdev racking up 70pts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Have you actually really watched this guy play? He has some amazing skills, but not the work ethic to match. So no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
Uh, excuse me idiot. Do you even watch the flyers games.

In 2008-09 we had 4!! yes 4! 30 goal scorers. With mike knuble scoring 27 and danny briere being injured all season. So we may of had 5. Don't insult people without knowing something about hockey.

Carter - 46
Gagne - 34
Richards - 30
Hartnell - 30


I just thought this one was funny, because the Flyers had four 30 goal scorer in 08-09 but no player on defense who scored more than @7. Now Homer has built up the defense to get more consistent production(resulted in +17 from the defense just last season) from the blueline but someone can claim to "know" about hockey but not understand that more production from blueline routinely will decrease goals from fwds.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
And the team was reliant on the fwds scoring in 08-09, last year they got more production from the blueline which is going to take goals away from the fwds. Last year they had two 30 goal guys(Carter-33/Richards-31/Briere-26), but got 30 goals from the defense, I am assuming this production will go up which means fwds production go down.

Carter 'ain't scoring 40, Richards could reach 30, but most likely you are going to see Zherdev, Briere, and Giroux all with 20-25 goals, Carter with the 33, but a more balanced production top to bottom. Zherdev getting some of the numbers suggested is a pipe dream.

So realistically this is the more likely scenario there Francis.


Which is why this is most realistic, with JvR, Hartnell, and Leino possibly not reaching 20:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
These are pretty realistic: Carter(35-30-65pts), Richards(28-35-63pts), but Hartnell I would drop him a little bit, maybe more like 23-20-43pts.



Meszaros is going to be a huge risk here, he has not shown anything more than what he did over the last couple seasons. If this is the case I would expect him to max out at 5 goals, 15 assists, but Carle I could see having a big assist season...6-33-39, which is just a slight increase over last season. So your numbers do work out but I have a feeling we are going to be cursing Meszaros for much of the season.



Not even concerned about what we get from him, he could score 10pts and just keep the dressing room in order and I would be content.



This is going to be the big question going forward, will Giroux and JvR take it to the next level? For this team to be good with three lines they will need to take over at some point during the season for a stretch. JvR I would be happy if he hit the 45pt range(20-25-45) and raised his physical game.

Giroux, I want to compete with Carter and Richards for leader on the team, if he and Zherdev get some chemistry it could be a long season for opposing defenses and goalies......Giroux with prime PP minutes(24-40-64) and Zherdev(26-24-50pts).....but at some point on the balance of the team you cannot have Giroux and Zherdev scoring 30 goals apiece and then expect Briere-Leino-Hartnell to put up big numbers too, there has to be a give somewhere. One thing is for certain, Giroux needs to be at center, period
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
After the first twenty games, yes. After eighty-two, no.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Funny that you'd bump a thread where you called everyone's predictions out, but didn't make any real predictions of your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
I don't think anybody with a realistic approach had anyone over 85 points.

And most people certainly didn't have anyone other than Carter and/or Richards over PPG.

This is just Cartsiephan's way of making himself feel better, I guess. Let him be.
Here ya go boys, and look back and see that people were/are predicting 30+ goals for Zherdev. He is a floater, he will always be a floater. Just be realistic in the approach if you actually watch the games and not the stat sheets.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:48 AM
  #108
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post


I had to check to see if you had me in the reasonable or unreasonable group. I have Carter leading the way with 72 points... perhaps that puts me in the unreasonable group for projecting too low.
Well this is what I had:


Hartnell (28-21-49) - Briere (34-29-63) - Leino (18-23-41)

Carcillo (12-14-24) - Richards (32-51-83) - Carter (41-34-75)

vanRiemsdyk (24-20-44) - Giroux (19-45-64) - Zherdev (30-27-57)

Powe (5-3-8) - Betts (3-2-5) - Shelley (1-2-3)

Pronger (14-44-58) - Carle (5-27-32)

Timonen (4-37-41) - Coburn (4-17-21)

Meszaros (9-18-27) - O'Donnell (1-7-8)


So far, this is what we're pacing:


Hartnell (0-16-16) - Briere (66-0-66) - Leino (0-49-49)

Carcillo (0-0-0) - Richards (0-49-49) - Carter (33-16-49)

vanRiemsdyk (0-49-49) - Giroux (33-16-49) - Zherdev (16-0-16)

Powe (16-16-32) - Betts (16-16-32) - Shelley (0-0-0)

Pronger (0-0-0) - Carle (0-33-33)

Timonen (0-0-0) - Coburn (0-0-0)

Meszaros (0-0-0) - O'Donnell (0-0-0)

Right now we're pacing for 164 goals this season, and we're still at .500. That's damned impressive.

I said 284 goals (before I took 10% off for injuries/slumps/suspension). We're short 120 goals of my figure.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
  #109
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Well this is what I had:


Hartnell (28-21-49) - Briere (34-29-63) - Leino (18-23-41)

Carcillo (12-14-24) - Richards (32-51-83) - Carter (41-34-75)

vanRiemsdyk (24-20-44) - Giroux (19-45-64) - Zherdev (30-27-57)

Powe (5-3-8) - Betts (3-2-5) - Shelley (1-2-3)

Pronger (14-44-58) - Carle (5-27-32)

Timonen (4-37-41) - Coburn (4-17-21)

Meszaros (9-18-27) - O'Donnell (1-7-8)


So far, this is what we're pacing:


Hartnell (0-16-16) - Briere (66-0-66) - Leino (0-49-49)

Carcillo (0-0-0) - Richards (0-49-49) - Carter (33-16-49)

vanRiemsdyk (0-49-49) - Giroux (33-16-49) - Zherdev (16-0-16)

Powe (16-16-32) - Betts (16-16-32) - Shelley (0-0-0)

Pronger (0-0-0) - Carle (0-33-33)

Timonen (0-0-0) - Coburn (0-0-0)

Meszaros (0-0-0) - O'Donnell (0-0-0)

Right now we're pacing for 164 goals this season, and we're still at .500. That's damned impressive.

I said 284 goals (before I took 10% off for injuries/slumps/suspension). We're short 120 goals of my figure.

Things will change obviously, teams are going to have a tough time scoring and then go on a run once continuity is found and proper balance on the lines. You have gone a bit deep on the blueline, I really do not think Meszaros can net 27pts, I am guessing more like 20pts(5-15) and Timonen 35(4-31) with Pronger and Carle carrying a majority of the pts along the lines of what you have predicted.

Flyers average @250 goals a season, I would expect around the same, maybe a little lower (230-240) with more focus on the defensive end of things.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:59 AM
  #110
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
Things will change obviously, teams are going to have a tough time scoring and then go on a run once continuity is found and proper balance on the lines. You have gone a bit deep on the blueline, I really do not think Meszaros can net 27pts, I am guessing more like 20pts(5-15) and Timonen 35(4-31) with Pronger and Carle carrying a majority of the pts along the lines of what you have predicted.
Well, my projections are based on a:

Pronger - Timonen / Meszaros - Carle

Blueline powerplay base. None of this Richards on the point nonsense.

CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:17 PM
  #111
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
Well, my projections are based on a:

Pronger - Timonen / Meszaros - Carle

Blueline powerplay base. None of this Richards on the point nonsense.
Richards needs to stay along the boards/on the face off dot and look for the swing pass to get the one-timer. That is his best shot at scoring on the PP, his passing skills have dropped ever since he scored 70+ pts and thought he could slide the puck like Briere and later Giroux.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:04 PM
  #112
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Bump.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:18 PM
  #113
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
I don't know about anybody else but this was the most realistic forecast IMO...

Obviously a funny....!

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=2...7&postcount=94

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
  #114
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,913
vCash: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
ill only do the notable ones:

carter: 40 goals, 37 assists
richards: 34 goals, 40 assists
zherdev: 31 goals, 30 assists
hartnell: 30 goals, 3 woolly mammoths
JVR: 25 goals 25 assists (not sure if he's gonna blow up this year or not)
Giroux: 27 goals 39 assists
gagne: ****!!!
shelley: 315 goals, 2 assists, 17 KOs

i dont even know how to do the defense, so i wont bother

edit: forgot leino. eh..20 goals. 28 assists.

****, and briere: 33 39
May God have mercy on my soul.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:23 PM
  #115
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartsiephan View Post
These are pretty realistic: Carter(35-30-65pts), Richards(28-35-63pts), but Hartnell I would drop him a little bit, maybe more like 23-20-43pts.



Meszaros is going to be a huge risk here, he has not shown anything more than what he did over the last couple seasons. If this is the case I would expect him to max out at 5 goals, 15 assists, but Carle I could see having a big assist season...6-33-39, which is just a slight increase over last season. So your numbers do work out but I have a feeling we are going to be cursing Meszaros for much of the season.







This is going to be the big question going forward, will Giroux and JvR take it to the next level? For this team to be good with three lines they will need to take over at some point during the season for a stretch. JvR I would be happy if he hit the 45pt range(20-25-45) and raised his physical game.

Giroux, I want to compete with Carter and Richards for leader on the team, if he and Zherdev get some chemistry it could be a long season for opposing defenses and goalies......Giroux with prime PP minutes(24-40-64) and Zherdev(26-24-50pts).....but at some point on the balance of the team you cannot have Giroux and Zherdev scoring 30 goals apiece and then expect Briere-Leino-Hartnell to put up big numbers too, there has to be a give somewhere. One thing is for certain, Giroux needs to be at center, period
Actually, hate to say it but Cartsiephan nailed a bunch right on the numbers.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:28 PM
  #116
Cartsiephan*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,488
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=BobbyClarkeFan16;27049659]My predictions:

Richards - 32 goals, 69 assists, 101 points
Carter - 52 goals, 48 assists, 100 points
Briere - 37 goals, 55 assists, 92 points
Zherdev - 40 goals, 38 assists, 78 points
Giroux - 28 goals, 41 assists, 69 points
Hartnell - 34 goals, 29 assists, 63 points
JVR - 30 goals, 25 assists, 55 points
Leino - 22 goals, 28 assists, 50 points

QUOTE]

Lock of the year above.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:30 PM
  #117
Spongolium*
Potato Magician
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bridgend,UK
Country: Wales
Posts: 8,653
vCash: 500
My Predictions

Quote:
Blair Betts: 4 goals, 7 assists
Danny Briere: 32 goals, 36 assists
Dan Carcillo: 9 goals, 11 assists
Jeff Carter: 38 goals, 34 assists
Claude Giroux: 16 goals, 40 assists
Scott Hartnell: 28 goals, 26 assists
Ian Laperriere: 3 goals, 5 assists
Ville Leino: 14 goals, 21 assists
Darroll Powe: 9 goals, 9 assists
Mike Richards: 31 goals, 46 assists
Jody Shelley: 3 goals, 6 assist
Nikolai Zherdev: 22 goals, 21 assists
James van Riemsdyk: 21 goals, 24 assists

Matt Carle: 7 goals, 31 assists
Braydon Coburn: 5 goals, 25 assists
Andrej Meszaros: 11 goals, 29 assists
Sean O'Donnell: 1 goal, 6 assists
Chris Pronger: 11 goals, 35 assists
Kimmo Timonen: 4 goals, 34 assists
Matt Walker: 3 goals, 4 assists
These were my predictions. Guys in Bold are the ones where i'm close

Not a bad effort i think.

Spongolium* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 03:49 PM
  #118
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,422
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongolium View Post
My Predictions



These were my predictions. Guys in Bold are the ones where i'm close

Not a bad effort i think.
Looks like you should have flipped Giroux and Richards as far as goal scoring..I thought Richards would get 30 this year and I didn't think he would only have 3 PPG. Giroux I figured would score more as he has...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:03 PM
  #119
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Shelley completely failed to live up to expectations.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:14 PM
  #120
Cleary84
Registered User
 
Cleary84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,424
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by infidelappel View Post
Shelley completely failed to live up to expectations.
I disagree, I think he exceeded expectations. Homer signed him after seeing him score 2 pretty timely goals against us last year.

So, this year he gave us two INSANE goals, much prettier than the previous years' 2.




Cleary84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 04:28 PM
  #121
Beef Invictus
Global Moderator
Beefitor
 
Beef Invictus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Centreville
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 37,913
vCash: 156
Shelley has fallen over 300 goals short of my expectations. I am disappointed.

Beef Invictus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:04 PM
  #122
Garbage Goal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 17,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Shelley has fallen over 300 goals short of my expectations. I am disappointed.
He's saving it for the last game of the season.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:26 PM
  #123
infidelappel*
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,507
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleary84 View Post
I disagree, I think he exceeded expectations. Homer signed him after seeing him score 2 pretty timely goals against us last year.

So, this year he gave us two INSANE goals, much prettier than the previous years' 2.



Minimum of 50 goals.
I am disappoint still.

infidelappel* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:39 PM
  #124
Razor the Goalie
Can I Get a Hot Tub
 
Razor the Goalie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Waiting in Shadows
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 348
vCash: 500
The best part of Shelley's goal in the Wild game is Lavy trying not to laugh after watching the replay.

Razor the Goalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-21-2011, 05:45 PM
  #125
CanadianFlyer88
Moderator
Knublin' PPs
 
CanadianFlyer88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Van City
Posts: 14,079
vCash: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
Sure....

Blair Betts: 4 goals, 7 assists [close]
Danny Briere: 22 goals, 36 assists [close on points]
Dan Carcillo: 9 goals, 11 assists [not close]
Jeff Carter: 38 goals, 34 assists [close]
Claude Giroux: 16 goals, 29 assists [lolz]
Scott Hartnell: 24 goals, 24 assists [close]
Ian Laperriere: 3 goals, 5 assists [ ]
Ville Leino: 14 goals, 21 assists [not close]
Darroll Powe: 8 goals, 4 assists [close on goals]
Mike Richards: 27 goals, 40 assists [close]
Jody Shelley: 0 goals, 1 assist [I guess 4 times the points isn't that close]
Nikolai Zherdev: 29 goals, 21 assists [lolz]
James van Riemsdyk: 18 goals, 24 assists [close]
Kris Versteeg: 4 goals, 1 assist through 16 games with the Flyers [man, I'm some kind of prophet ]

Forward goal total: 212

Oskars Bartulis: 0 goals, 5 assists [got the goals right, so far]
Matt Carle: 7 goals, 31 assists [close on assists]
Braydon Coburn: 5 goals, 25 assists [not close]
Andrej Meszaros: 6 goals, 28 assists [a little high on assists]
Sean O'Donnell: 1 goal, 13 assists [close]
Chris Pronger: 11 goals, 35 assists [I blame injuries]
Kimmo Timonen: 6 goals, 30 assists [close]
Matt Walker: 2 goals, 9 assists [lolz]

Defense goal total: 38

Team total: 250
Not bad.

__________________
I deride your truth handling abilities
CanadianFlyer88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.