HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Known Offers

Old
10-20-2010, 10:29 AM
zetterberg40

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to zetterberg40
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot723 View Post
I thought it was Yzerman for Yashin?
Never heard that one...

zetterberg40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Seikalym

Wasn't there a rumor last season of Nylander to the Blackhawks for Sopel and Byfuglien?

God that would have been great

Seikalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:49 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post
At the Oilers draft party, someone mentioned a rumor that the Oilers had offered Eberle and something for the 2nd overall. It was someone on TSN, but I don't recall who.
It's very possible. I was drinking heavily.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:51 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensFan26 View Post
Wasn't Sundin almost traded at the deadline in 2008 for Pavelski or Setoguchi plus someone else but Sundin didn't waive his NTC.
I don't recall a reliable source giving up info on what he would've actually been traded for, but there was a very significant deal in place, which didn't go through because Sundin wouldn't waive his NTC.

It was all over the media in Canada.

Old
10-20-2010, 11:52 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ih8theislanders View Post
Off the top of my head, the closest one I can remember is Sakic to the Rangers in I think 2000 as an RFA. Avs mathced, of course.
That was somethingcrazy like 21 mill over 3 years and most of it was all given up front as a signing bonus... I think

Old
10-20-2010, 12:01 PM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilGagner89 View Post

Also I remember at the 2009 Draft wasn't Vancover offering Burrows, Bieksa and their 1st for Tampa's (V. Hedman)?
I'm sorry... but I can't believe that... I'm not calling you a lair... I just can't accept the fact that Vancouver could be stupid enough to give such a pathetic offer for Hedman, who would've been drafted first overall if Tampa had the first overall pick...IMO.

Bieska is an effective #3 d-man but always injury prone

This is before Burrows had that insane year... coming off of a good year... but not as good as the 09/10 season.

Vancouver finished the year in a good position, so that first rounder wouldn't amount to a whole lot.

I think Vancouver would've had to throw in an additional first rounder and maybe a prospect like Cody Hodgson.

Bieska
Burrows
2 first rounders
Cody Hodgson

Very expensive price, but Hedman wasn't rated to highly for nothing.

A few years from now it's possible that the Canucks would have the 3 best Swedes playing for them. I imagine it would've done wonders for the Swedish national team.

Sedins, Hedman, Samuelsson, Edler... that's a good chunk of Swedes there.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
I'm sorry... but I can't believe that... I'm not calling you a lair... I just can't accept the fact that Vancouver could be stupid enough to give such a pathetic offer for Hedman, who would've been drafted first overall if Tampa had the first overall pick...IMO.
Don't think it was that bad of an offer. Bieksa was coming off of a 43 point season and Burrows potted 28 goals.

The source for that rumor was a behind the scenes video of the Leafs' brass preparing for the 2009 Draft. They were discussing the teams picking in front of them and Burke mentioned he heard that Vancouver offered Burrows/Bieska/23rd overall for 2nd overall. Not 100% concrete, but it's not inconceivable that GMs would know what other teams are up to.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote