HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sauer returns, New lines...

Old
10-20-2010, 01:08 PM
Scooter17

vCash: 500
With the lack of talent in this line-up, we can't have Boogard playing. He sucks. Plain and simple. The coaching staff and management should just flat out tell Boyle that he has to learn how to fight and goon it up, or he will be sent to Hartford. They should have done this prior to the summer and they never should have signed Boogard.

Scooter17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:09 PM
NYGBleedBlueNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by UAGoalieGuy View Post
I mean when everyone is healthy, it won't be that bad:

Frolov - Prospal - Gaborik
Dubinsky - Anisimov - Callahan
Avery - Stepan - Fedetenko
Boogard - Boyle - Prust

But until then,
Drury?

NYGBleedBlueNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:13 PM
haveandare

People complaining endlessly... who saw that coming? This team is missing 2 top 6 players and Drury, whatever you want to consider him. I don't know what everyone was expecting. It's not like they started the season with this lineup expecting it to be competitive. This is making due with what you have. Prust obviously isn't a top 6 player, but there aren't 6 of those kind of guys on the roster - someone is going to be out of place. I don't mind having a good forechecker and all around tough as nails player up there, especially against Toronto after their last performance.

I'm so glad Sauer is back in, that 3rd pairing was driving me insane.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

I thought Prust has been decent... not second line decent but he's looked good.

I guess by Torts keeping the Dubi - Ani - Cally line and reuniting the Avery - Stepan - Fedet line he thinks he's minimizing the damage.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:14 PM
mullichicken25

even though its written as the "2nd" line i have very little doubt that they will play 3rd line minutes

outside of a goal colorado's dman was kind enough to give him, Frolov has been a ghost...and as everyone mentioned, prust has no buisness on the 2nd line.

those guys may be written in that 2nd line spot, but with Gabby, Drury, and Prospal out, dubi's line bumps up to #1 minutes, avery and stepan's line moves up to 2nd line minutes and the scraps play on the 3rd

i dont get why everyone is so hung up on the order in which lines are written on paper

EDIT: i also feel like i should that people should recognize that Torts is doing what everyone has been calling for since last season....keeping the lines more or less intact. He could probablly justify scrambling the lines but he's not...god forbid we say something good about him when we lost our most recent game

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:15 PM
haveandare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooter17 View Post
With the lack of talent in this line-up, we can't have Boogard playing. He sucks. Plain and simple. The coaching staff and management should just flat out tell Boyle that he has to learn how to fight and goon it up, or he will be sent to Hartford. They should have done this prior to the summer and they never should have signed Boogard.
Boyle has been really good so far, they don't need him "gooning it up" and sitting in the box all night. He's a useful player so far this season. Boogaard was just a dumb choice. There are plenty of fighters who can skate and actually goad people into fighting them - they should have gotten one of those guys.

haveandare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:19 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
People complaining endlessly... who saw that coming? This team is missing 2 top 6 players and Drury, whatever you want to consider him. I don't know what everyone was expecting. It's not like they started the season with this lineup expecting it to be competitive. This is making due with what you have. Prust obviously isn't a top 6 player, but there aren't 6 of those kind of guys on the roster - someone is going to be out of place. I don't mind having a good forechecker and all around tough as nails player up there, especially against Toronto after their last performance.

I'm so glad Sauer is back in, that 3rd pairing was driving me insane.
No, they are not making do with what they have. Take Boogard out of the line-up, keep Prust on the 4th line, and bring up MZA or Kennedy to play on the second or 3rd line. Its not that effing hard to figure out.

And yes I know there is a chance they could lose Kennedy on re-entry waivers, but what are they going to do? Leave him in the minors the whole year? He has shown he can play in the NHL and he put up decent numbers on the 4th line in Buffalo last year.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:22 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 50
Awards:
Swap Fedotenko with Prust, Boyle with Christensen.

Sauer should have been in this entire time.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:24 PM
SgroiBoy*
Lolslanders Fail

We cant get Kennedy up here somehow? Whats the deal with that.

SgroiBoy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Boyle has been really good so far, they don't need him "gooning it up" and sitting in the box all night. He's a useful player so far this season. Boogaard was just a dumb choice. There are plenty of fighters who can skate and actually goad people into fighting them - they should have gotten one of those guys.
I'm sorry, but I disagree. At 6' 7" 240 lbs there is no reason he can't learn to fight. I agree he has played well, but he shouldn't be asked to play on the second line. He's nothing more than a 4th or maybe a 3rd liner. We could have a really good 4th line with Boyle, Prust + someone (anyone) else who can skate and hit.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:25 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
No, they are not making do with what they have. Take Boogard out of the line-up, keep Prust on the 4th line, and bring up MZA or Kennedy to play on the second or 3rd line. Its not that effing hard to figure out.

And yes I know there is a chance they could lose Kennedy on re-entry waivers, but what are they going to do? Leave him in the minors the whole year? He has shown he can play in the NHL and he put up decent numbers on the 4th line in Buffalo last year.
to the idea of bringing up MZA or kennedy, looking at the roster in the OP, it looks like we already have plenty of fring nhl/ahl players in the line up

what will adding one or two more really accomplish?

one of them will come in and replace gaborik?

no one down there is a significant upgrade over anything up here at this point right now

Old
10-20-2010, 01:27 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
to the idea of bringing up MZA or kennedy, looking at the roster in the OP, it looks like we already have plenty of fring nhl/ahl players in the line up

what will adding one or two more really accomplish?

one of them will come in and replace gaborik?

no one down there is a significant upgrade over anything up here at this point right now
Getting Boogard out of the lineup and putting Prust back on the 4th line where he belongs.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:31 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Getting Boogard out of the lineup.
i guess we differ on thinking any of them would accomlish more than prust in a 2nd/3rd line role and no PP/PK time

Old
10-20-2010, 01:33 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgroiBoy View Post
We cant get Kennedy up here somehow? Whats the deal with that.
He would be exposed to re-entry waivers and surely would be claimed at half price leaving the NYR to pay the other half. So bringing him up would accomplish nothing other than sending him to another team and paying to have that right.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Scooter17

Quote:
i guess we differ on thinking any of them would accomlish more than prust in a 2nd/3rd line role and no PP/PK time
Thats fine if you don't think Kennedy or MZA will get more accomplished than Prust on the 2nd/3rd line, but I think the big thing is getting Boogard out of the line-up. To me he seems even less important without Gaborik in the line-up.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:36 PM
TomLaidlaw

I would love to get inside the head of Frolov right now. He signed a one year deal thinking he would play on a line with Gaborik, get tons of power play time and get a lucrative multi-year contract in the off season. Now he shows up to practice and sees Eric Christensen and Brandon Prust as his line mates. Good times.

TomLaidlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:37 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Thats fine if you don't think Kennedy or MZA will get more accomplished than Prust on the 2nd/3rd line, but I think the big thing is getting Boogard out of the line-up. To me he seems even less important without Gaborik in the line-up.
the engine on the car is blown and your talking about replacing the front bumper

none of it is worth the rist of losing Kennedy on waivers

and what has MZA done on the pack, my bad, the whale, to warrant a call up?

Old
10-20-2010, 01:43 PM
Khris Creider

these lines are ridiculous, i cant wait for gaborik to come back to get white out...then drury to get christensen out, then prospal to sit boogards doofy lazy ass down

Khris Creider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:44 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
Quote:
Originally Posted by offdacrossbar View Post
torts = dufus. nice work clownboy.

boyle on line 4 where hell get 5 minutes. yeah, hes only been one of our best forwards.

prust on line 2 with his lobster claws for hands playing with 2 skilled guys.

swap those 2 torts. way to reward boyle for his excellent play since day 1 of camp.

i know, i know.... the lines will be all mixed up after the first 5 minutes but still, it more torts cluelessness.

is it just me or is that one baaaaadddddd looking lineup
Makes me sick that this clown is so much on Eric Christensens pole that he continues to utilize this waiver fodder in a top line role.

It's bad enough Ryan Callahan (whom I love) is now a first line winger, but now Brandon Prust is a second line winger as well?

For christ's sake, any combo of these guys is going to look ugly, but it looks like he just throws darts at a board.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:46 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
the engine on the car is blown and your talking about replacing the front bumper

none of it is worth the rist of losing Kennedy on waivers

and what has MZA done on the pack, my bad, the whale, to warrant a call up?
I agree with you to a point, but what have any of these guys done to lock up their roster spot and keep us from calling up a rookie.

Old
10-20-2010, 01:47 PM
DubiDubiDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLaidlaw View Post
I would love to get inside the head of Frolov right now. He signed a one year deal thinking he would play on a line with Gaborik, get tons of power play time and get a lucrative multi-year contract in the off season. Now he shows up to practice and sees Eric Christensen and Brandon Prust as his line mates. Good times.
lol, priceless

Old
10-20-2010, 01:51 PM
OverTheCap

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
I agree with you to a point, but what have any of these guys done to lock up their roster spot and keep us from calling up a rookie.
There's no guarantee that the prospects in Hartford would play any better. And it could stunt their development in the process. MZA has played what, all of 5 games down in Hartford? Let him continue to play in Hartford and the Rangers will call him up when he's ready. Patience is needed here.

OverTheCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

what do you expect to happen when you lose Drury, Gaborik, and Prospal...a team with poor depth is going to look godawful...

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:52 PM
mullichicken25

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubiDubiDoo View Post
its been four games

and only 1 w/o gaborik

what if we attempt to call up kennedy, he gets picked up and then lose callahan, avery, stepan, AA or someone else for the season or an extended period of time? that would blow

and it doesnt seem wise to me to rip MZA out of a team he just joined when im reasonablly sure the reason he's down there is to get comfortable playing hockey in north america

i know, we're upset that we're fielding a really weak roster...but unfortunately at this point the answer is not someone who couldnt make the team less than a month ago

Old
10-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Garfinkel1

Reposted since it fits with the subject. Check out Sauer on the list.

Heres what the numbers look like if the players were to play the entire game in even strength

I know it's only a small sample size but the numbers are pretty revealing.
*Note: Keep in mind, Staal's numbers aren't as good as let's say DZ or Sauer because he is playing against the top units (however, also playing with ours). So, these numbers are indicative of the players performance in respect to their current role.

Girardi - 3.54 | 7.08 = +3.54/Game
Sauer - 0.0*| 2.60 = +2.60/Game
Del Zotto - 3.65 | 5.46 = +1.92/Game

Staal - 2.35 | 3.77 = +1.42/Game
Roszival - 2.37 | 1.58 = -0.79/Game
Gilroy - 5.31* | 2.66 = -2.65/Game
Eminger - 4.03 | 1.34 = -2.69/Game

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote