HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lewis and Clifford IN; Schenn and Westgarth OUT; Bernier Wed; Quick Thurs

Old
10-19-2010, 04:13 PM
grncobra76

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
The LA Kings don't need Trevor Lewis! He was a midling 2006 first rounder who has shown nothing if anything at all. I would've rather had Patrik Berglund...Anyways AKopitar & BSchenn are the future at centre not Lewis...
If Lewis played the way he did in Vegas he is going to surprise a lot of critics.
Twice he single handedly killed the PK by keeping the puck along the board in the Avs zone while 3 Avs player tried to dig it out. He was skating well, played defense responsibly and made very smart plays in both zones.
Why don't we wait and see him play and then if he sucks we cast him of into HF 1st round bust oblivion.

grncobra76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 05:14 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by grncobra76 View Post
If Lewis played the way he did in Vegas he is going to surprise a lot of critics.
Twice he single handedly killed the PK by keeping the puck along the board in the Avs zone while 3 Avs player tried to dig it out. He was skating well, played defense responsibly and made very smart plays in both zones.
Why don't we wait and see him play and then if he sucks we cast him of into HF 1st round bust oblivion.
Exactly what I said after the FF Vegas game in the PGT. Lewis was a force out there, especially on the PK. He pushed the Av forwards back into the zone and kept the puck down behind the net in their zone while seconds ticked off the clock. He had a few offensive channels and overall was all over the ice, in a good way. I was totally impressed!

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Wow, people sure do over-react to 4th line players being moved around. Stop putting Schenn ahead of where he is, he hasn't played with the same intensity the past 2 games and needs to step away from the rink and watch. If Parse had missed those earlier chances by Schenn, Parse would have been blasted and people would demand that he sits. Too many people think a 19 year old Schenn is ready for top 6 minutes.

Right now, Stoll >>>>> Schenn. Next year Schenn can take over the 2nd line and Stoll can move to the 3rd.

If he doesn't come back with more fire, then send him back to juniors to work on some stuff. Same with Clifford and Muzzin (to Manchester).

I'm sure many will freak out if Muzzin is sent back to Manchester to make room for Greene. I would rather have Muzzin play with Hickey for 20+ minutes per game then to sit and watch from the press box as the #7. If Drewiske plays like he did against Vancouver, I don't Muzzin has done enough to take his #6 spot.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:29 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

I agree 25. BS should be brought along the same way that Stamkos was by giving him games off to watch and learn.

Given time he should become what we all expect,rush him and we could ruin him.

etherialone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:33 PM
Johnny Utah

I just think that he should be in juniors rather than sitting in an LA press box.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:36 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Different ways of looking at I guess. I think that with talented forwards (scoring types) that what the Ning did with SS was a great idea. Seemed to help his development from his pov. I think it could work with BS as long as it was a game or two here or there and not some TM's dog house sort of thing.

Old
10-19-2010, 06:51 PM
no name

Not a bad idea to figure these things out early.

no name is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

I'm sure Schenn and Westgarth will be back for the Phoenix game.

Old
10-19-2010, 07:30 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
I just think that he should be in juniors rather than sitting in an LA press box.
Its one game Utah.

You would rather send him back to juniors, where he can't be recalled, than have him sit a game (or a handful throughout the season) and play 60+ NHL games?

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 07:34 PM
Johnny Utah

I would rather have him play a full season of juniors getting tons of ice time rather than having him get 7 minutes of ice time or sitting, yes.

Old
10-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Mr Irreverent
Misunderstood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
LOL, your avatar doesn't make any sense but it's hilarious . . .
It's at the very end.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVPno1eYbVM

Mr Irreverent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 09:28 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
I would rather have him play a full season of juniors getting tons of ice time rather than having him get 7 minutes of ice time or sitting, yes.
I agree with that line of thinking completely. If BS is going to get 6 or 7 mins a game then send him down. I don't mind him sitting from time to time to get a chance to see the game and get a different perspective from playing or watching tapes but I think that it can only be detrimental to his development to have him getting short minutes when he does play.

He's either ready to start his career in the NHL or he isn't. Its too early to tell but lets see where he is in a bit and then decide.

Old
10-19-2010, 10:02 PM
AKAY47
In Lombardi we trust

Honestly, I'd like to see Loktionov sent back to Manchester and have Brayden be the LW on the first line. Trevor Lewis can center the 4th line

AKAY47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-19-2010, 10:06 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

They must not be selling much for tomorrow night. My dad got an e-mail about discount tickets, and I got seats in PR-11 for $20!

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:21 AM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
I don't like this one bit...send the back or play them. This is how the Kings handled Dustin Brown his first year under AM and it took 3 seasons for him to break through.
Dustin Brown played 31 games his first season, and suffered an ankle injury that year, so no this is nothing like how they handled Brown.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:45 AM
wabwat

Send a message via AIM to wabwat
Brayden Schenn is almost likely completely done with junior hockey... and he should be.

wabwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
Quote:
Originally Posted by AStammer7 View Post
The LA Kings don't need Trevor Lewis! He was a midling 2006 first rounder .
If it wasn't for you midling kids!

Gentle Ben Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:07 PM
RonSwanson*
Gadfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
If it wasn't for you midling kids!

Gene Simmons?

RonSwanson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:41 PM
Hendrydoso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
I agree with that line of thinking completely. If BS is going to get 6 or 7 mins a game then send him down. I don't mind him sitting from time to time to get a chance to see the game and get a different perspective from playing or watching tapes but I think that it can only be detrimental to his development to have him getting short minutes when he does play.

He's either ready to start his career in the NHL or he isn't. Its too early to tell but lets see where he is in a bit and then decide.
If Schenn is getting only 6-7 min. I think he'd do better in juniors, however, as of now he's getting 11:16 per game. He can contribute on the PP and PK to fill in minutes. He may benifit more from the struggle to gain a foothold in the NHL under these conditions than getting lots of minutes in a league that he dominates.

Hendrydoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:18 PM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quick will benefit from having a backup that can handle 30 plus games. Hope he can keep up this play for the whole season, and not have another breakdown.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:26 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabwat View Post
Brayden Schenn is almost likely completely done with junior hockey... and he should be.
Agree. He is going to sit out the odd game here and there with the Kings. However, he is going to get a ton of valuable experience battling all season for ice time with more experienced and better players in practice, learning how to be a pro from guys like Williams, Handzus, Stoll, and Brown (that's right).

I hope he is spending a lot of time with Stoll on the dot in every practice. Schenn will get 60+ games with the Kings this season and that's fine.

KINGS17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:41 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

So Scott Parse is going to be traveling with the Kings on their road trip, so it seems he will be returning to the lineup soon as will Greene.

A decision will have to be made soon with Clifford, Schenn, Loktionov and Muzzin. I don't expect the Kings to send down a player who will have to pass through waivers.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 03:41 PM
Johnny Utah

Not really looking forward to Parse right now, the lines look good right now, he would have to be on the 4th line with Richardson if he comes in or on the 1st line with Kopitar and I would rather see Loki or Schenn in that him.

Old
10-20-2010, 03:48 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Parse can't play bottom 6. Its top 6 or bust.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

When Parse is healthy, Loktionov goes back to Manchester. He can be called up as many times as the Kings want.

Parse has a new 2 year contract and the Kings need him to be able to perform as a top 6 winger. It's not like Loktionov is playing well enough to keep him over Parse. Remember that Muzzin and Loktionov only made the team due to injuries. Schenn can play a 4th line role and learn a lot more from Stoll and Handzues than he could from playin juniors.

My guess for a Kings' healthy lineup:

Parse-Kopitar-Brown
Smyth-Stoll-Williams
Poni-Handzus-Simmonds
Richardson-Schenn-Westgarth
Lewis/Clifford (or call up Clune)

Doughty-Mitchell
Johnson-Scuderi
Drewiske-Greene
Harrold

Quick-Bernier