HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Lewis and Clifford IN; Schenn and Westgarth OUT; Bernier Wed; Quick Thurs

Old
10-20-2010, 04:35 PM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDM View Post
Parse can't play bottom 6. Its top 6 or bust.
This is how I see Richie to, Lewis will do great at the 4th line center. Richie should be trade bait. I like him but were does he fit if he is not in the top 6. Parse deserves his shot. Yes my last statement may offend people but its true. We need to see what he is capable of and not just for a few games.

saintsnsoldiers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 04:40 PM
Johnny Utah

When Parse comes back there will 3 extra forwards. Kings should do themselves a favor and send Loki/Clifford back to the AHL/Juniors....That would leave Schenn, Westy , Richardson and Lewis as the 4th liners (1 rotates) and Parse in the line-up.

The Kings are going to decide what to do with Drewiske/Muzzin too....If they keep Muzzin up then they will have to send another forward back...

Right now we have Harrold and 2 forwards are spares, when Greene comes back, either Muzzin goes down or Drewiske or him set....that makes 2 D and leaves Kings will only the spot for 1 extra forward.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 05:30 PM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsnsoldiers View Post
This is how I see Richie to, Lewis will do great at the 4th line center. Richie should be trade bait. I like him but were does he fit if he is not in the top 6. Parse deserves his shot. Yes my last statement may offend people but its true. We need to see what he is capable of and not just for a few games.
Totally disagree.

Parse is a skill player, that's all he brings.

Richardson has some skill, but man does he know how to play some good defense. He backchecks like a mad man and kills penalties too, something you will never see Parse doing. Richardson fits anywhere you put him because he has a well rounded game. Richardson can not score but still turn in a solid, very helpful performance. If Parse's name isn't on the boxscore then he isn't doing anything.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:27 PM
King Panther
ElGrandeDbagSupreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Brown View Post
Well, we did have Hrudey/Berthiaume(sp) and (before they sucked!) Potvin/Storr.
two of my favorite kings. hrudey was such a stud. too bad we didnt have a better team most of those years.

King Panther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:14 PM
JT Dutch*
Cult of Personality

Quote:
Richardson has some skill, but man does he know how to play some good defense. He backchecks like a mad man and kills penalties too, something you will never see Parse doing. Richardson fits anywhere you put him because he has a well rounded game. Richardson can not score but still turn in a solid, very helpful performance. If Parse's name isn't on the boxscore then he isn't doing anything.
... I don't agree with this. Parse was pretty good defensively last season, in fact I remember that once you got past the big four defensive forwards (Handzus, Stoll, Kopitar, Simmonds) Parse was the best shot blocker the Kings had up front. Sure, Richardson is conscientious as a backchecker, as any center should be - but I also remember Richardson turning the puck over more often than Parse did. One of the big mysteries to me last season is why Parse was, for all intents and purposes, never used on special teams. He had 24 even strength points and was a +13 in only 59 games, while playing just 10 1/2 minutes a game. That's pretty impressive no matter how you look at it.

JT Dutch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:19 AM
saintsnsoldiers
The Nolanator

Quote:
Totally disagree.

Parse is a skill player, that's all he brings.

I can see your point I just seems a waste of talent for him to be stuck on the 4th line. He is a pretty good jack of all trades though. I just thought there might be more value trade wise then keeping him around as a extra forward.

saintsnsoldiers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:32 AM
JDM
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Dutch View Post
... I don't agree with this. Parse was pretty good defensively last season, in fact I remember that once you got past the big four defensive forwards (Handzus, Stoll, Kopitar, Simmonds) Parse was the best shot blocker the Kings had up front. Sure, Richardson is conscientious as a backchecker, as any center should be - but I also remember Richardson turning the puck over more often than Parse did.
I don't remember Richardson having more turnovers. I do remember Parse getting the ire of the coach for not being tough enough on the puck in the defensive end.

Parse is a skill player. Richardson is a two way forward.

Quote:
One of the big mysteries to me last season is why Parse was, for all intents and purposes, never used on special teams. He had 24 even strength points and was a +13 in only 59 games, while playing just 10 1/2 minutes a game. That's pretty impressive no matter how you look at it.
Well this is a totally separate issue. I don't think its a mystery since I think its really just Murray's system of seniority on special teams. That seems to have changed this year, so when Parse is healthy I expect him to be playing on the PP.

JDM is offline   Reply With Quote