HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-20-2010, 10:59 AM
  #1
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,031
vCash: 500
Bouillon & Lombardi (concussions), O'Reilly (leg), & Goc (shoulder) all out

according to Mullen.

Crap.

__________________
www.thepredatorial.com


Last edited by Seth Lake: 02-18-2011 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Title update
barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:12 AM
  #2
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
Begs the question. roll with sulzer or call up blum

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:15 AM
  #3
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Trotz: "not too serious" but "he may miss a little bit of time here, but nothing major."

"Nothing major" = Limbs and head still attached, player breathing with a heartbeat.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
  #4
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Trotz: "not too serious" but "he may miss a little bit of time here, but nothing major."

"Nothing major" = Limbs and head still attached, player breathing with a heartbeat.
this is just IR, not LTIR

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:22 AM
  #5
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preds Partisan View Post
Trotz: "not too serious" but "he may miss a little bit of time here, but nothing major."

"Nothing major" = Limbs and head still attached, player breathing with a heartbeat.
Agreed. Suter is not at the arena this morning. I'd guess he's at the MD's office and likely heading for an MRI this afternoon.

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 11:38 AM
  #6
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,031
vCash: 500
if there's one good sign, it's that he was walking on his own power last night after the game, albeit with a slight limp.

my guess is sprained knee.

I'd like to see Johnson called up, but I imagine we'll go with Sulzer.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:05 PM
  #7
token grinder
Registered User
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4,115
vCash: 500
IR is a minimum ten day stay isn't it?

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:06 PM
  #8
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod
 
barrytrotzsneck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 31,031
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
IR is a minimum ten day stay isn't it?
Seven

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:16 PM
  #9
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor
 
ThirdManIn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 43,438
vCash: 500
So he will miss at least three games? Sorry I'm at work so I don't have a schedule handy

ThirdManIn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:45 PM
  #10
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Country: Italy
Posts: 23,209
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So he will miss at least three games? Sorry I'm at work so I don't have a schedule handy
unless their is a set back he'll be back for the St Louis game on the 28th (will miss Pit, Dallas & Tampa)

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 12:54 PM
  #11
Preds Partisan
Nothing
 
Preds Partisan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 695
vCash: 500
Suter Discusses Injury by Mullin in Tennrag.

"Suter has been placed on injured reserve and will miss the next three games, with the goal of returning for the St. Louis game on Thursday, Oct. 28. Suter, who is walking with a noticeable limp, said the leg injury is not serious. Coach Barry Trotz said he hopes Suter will be back skating on Monday."

I don't believe Trotz regarding any injury situation (see 1998-2010 for reference), but if Suter says this, I'm inclined to think it's not too bad after all.

Preds Partisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 01:00 PM
  #12
PredsChik
Registered User
 
PredsChik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Smyrna, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 693
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
So he will miss at least three games? Sorry I'm at work so I don't have a schedule handy
within 7 days, we play the Penguins tomorrow, and have a back to back in Dallas and Tampa Bay over Sat/Sun then we don't have another game until Thursday against the Blues at home before we start another roadtrip. It would be wonderful if he would be back for the Blues game but I'm not going to get my hopes up since we don't technically know anything past "lower body injury" and that he walked on his own with a slight limp.

Edit: I'm pretty good. I had that typed but got caught up and couldn't hit post and got beat to it.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:07 PM
  #13
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
if there's one good sign, it's that he was walking on his own power last night after the game, albeit with a slight limp.

my guess is sprained knee.

I'd like to see Johnson called up, but I imagine we'll go with Sulzer.
Reports I've seen from MILW called Johnson a train wreck. But I guess we will see who the Preds staff decides fits in their lineup as I would expect they would want to carry one more D man for depth at least.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 02:20 PM
  #14
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Outside
Country: Scotland
Posts: 12,299
vCash: 50
Ill believe it when i see it if hes back in a week...

back in a week basically means bruised, and I just dont think he'd have gone right off the ice like that if it was just bruised.

I say best case scenario is mild strained ligs, 2-3 weeks.

PredsV82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 04:48 PM
  #15
jstreet
Registered User
 
jstreet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: smashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,655
vCash: 50
crap indeed, we instantly become less dangerous. Here's to hoping someone makes the most of their call up.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 07:23 PM
  #16
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor
 
triggrman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 16,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Ill believe it when i see it if hes back in a week...

back in a week basically means bruised, and I just dont think he'd have gone right off the ice like that if it was just bruised.

I say best case scenario is mild strained ligs, 2-3 weeks.
The hit looked like it was more in the side of his thigh to me, and I know that makes your leg go numb for a for a bit...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:23 PM
  #17
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Klein on the first pair?

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:37 PM
  #18
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 5,459
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
The hit looked like it was more in the side of his thigh to me, and I know that makes your leg go numb for a for a bit...
I've watched the hit a few times. It's hard to tell if it was knee to knee, knee to thigh, or something in between. SD sucks when trying to discern how an injury occurred. Either way, Suter is out for at least a week.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 08:39 PM
  #19
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
Klein on the first pair?
Doubtful. O'Brien paired with Weber last night after Franson was elbowed by Sarich and I think that'll be the pairing tomorrow with Sulzer joining Franson on a very protected third pairing.

In essence:

O'Brien - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Sulzer - Franson

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:15 PM
  #20
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Doubtful. O'Brien paired with Weber last night after Franson was elbowed by Sarich and I think that'll be the pairing tomorrow with Sulzer joining Franson on a very protected third pairing.

In essence:

O'Brien - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Sulzer - Franson
O'Brien on the first pair?

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:18 PM
  #21
deanwormer
Registered User
 
deanwormer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
Doubtful. O'Brien paired with Weber last night after Franson was elbowed by Sarich and I think that'll be the pairing tomorrow with Sulzer joining Franson on a very protected third pairing.

In essence:

O'Brien - Weber
Bouillon - Klein
Sulzer - Franson
I'd bet you got SOB and Cube backwards. Although I suspect it won't matter, cause Weber will probably play 30 mins and nobody else is gonna', so I imagine that pairing is gonna' be pretty fluid. Sulzer is gonna' be in the spotlight - Franson has been horrible and I don't think that's gonna' change - hopefully Sulzer's been paying attn and can cover.

deanwormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
  #22
hockey_socks
Registered User
 
hockey_socks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: H*llmouth South
Country: United States
Posts: 56
vCash: 500
Can't somebody make Suter a healing potion? How much gold would that be?

[/geek]

*sigh* If only it worked that way.

hockey_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:32 PM
  #23
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
I'd bet you got SOB and Cube backwards. Although I suspect it won't matter, cause Weber will probably play 30 mins and nobody else is gonna', so I imagine that pairing is gonna' be pretty fluid. Sulzer is gonna' be in the spotlight - Franson has been horrible and I don't think that's gonna' change - hopefully Sulzer's been paying attn and can cover.
I don't see Trotz breaking up all three pairings though. That's why I believe we'll see OB paired with Weber to keep the second pairing intact. Honestly, I think the Bouillon - Klein pairing has been our best in three of the five games this far...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:44 PM
  #24
darth5
Rowsdower!
 
darth5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Smashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 2,401
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
I don't see Trotz breaking up all three pairings though. That's why I believe we'll see OB paired with Weber to keep the second pairing intact. Honestly, I think the Bouillon - Klein pairing has been our best in three of the five games this far...
If you had told me this before game 1 I would have thought you were crazy, but they have been very solid. And (knock on wood) Klein has strung together some of his better performances with fewer bonehead plays thrown in than I can remember.

And truly Franson has been scary so we won't be seeing significantly more of him. So most likely we would see Sulzer over the boards.

darth5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-20-2010, 09:51 PM
  #25
Seth Lake
Registered User
 
Seth Lake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 8,855
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by darth5 View Post
If you had told me this before game 1 I would have thought you were crazy, but they have been very solid. And (knock on wood) Klein has strung together some of his better performances with fewer bonehead plays thrown in than I can remember.

And truly Franson has been scary so we won't be seeing significantly more of him. So most likely we would see Sulzer over the boards.
Personally, I'd love to see Sulzer come in and play well enough to challenge Franson for the No. 6 spot when Suter returns. Cody has been awful this year and I'd love to see him spend a few games in the press box...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.