HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

[GAME 6] RANGERS vs. MAPLE LEAFS | THU OCT. 21, 7:00PM @ ACC | TSN (HD)

Closed Thread

Old
10-20-2010, 07:22 PM
Number13

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Kulemin and Versteeg are the guys that need to step up. I love the work ethic of both of them, but at some point they have to start hitting the score sheet.
Kinda funny coming from a guy named Stats lol. But I agree, I'm loving Steeger, but i need some results, for my leafs and my fantasy team.

Old
10-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number13 View Post
Kinda funny coming from a guy named Stats lol. But I agree, I'm loving Steeger, but i need some results, for my leafs and my fantasy team.
Well to be fair Kulemin does have 4 pts in 5 games, and Versteeg did score last night...the refs just didn't like it haha. He has 2 pts but w/e this team has scored 17 goals in 5 goals thats a lot of goals to begin the year. As long as this team is producing I don't think it matters who's scoring.

Old
10-20-2010, 07:30 PM
dcervi*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kbs View Post
Don't worry, I thought the same thing. Now tomorrow, I have to watch the game, watch The Office, study for a math test, chemistry quiz AND French quiz
FYL lol I just wrote my college humanities exam today and im looking forward to tomorrow night because i need a breather lol

Old
10-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcervi View Post
FYL lol I just wrote my college humanities exam today and im looking forward to tomorrow night because i need a breather lol
chem midterm and a lab on friday woot woot.

point being is this game wont be easy for us either way, gaborik when he was in the line up for the rangers was just brutal...but we were still getting shut down by the king, so we just have to hope for dirty goals while shutting them out and expect gustavsson not give crappy goals like giggy did last time.

Old
10-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Crispy Crust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Rocket View Post
chem midterm and a lab on friday woot woot.

point being is this game wont be easy for us either way, gaborik when he was in the line up for the rangers was just brutal...but we were still getting shut down by the king, so we just have to hope for dirty goals while shutting them out and expect gustavsson not give crappy goals like giggy did last time.
Lunqvist is no ROLLIE!

Old
10-20-2010, 08:11 PM
ChuckWoods

I shudder at the thought of playing Lundqvist again after his last performance.

Then we moved onto Roloson...which I dont even want to get into.

Then back to Lundqvist. If this isnt a test for the Leafs and seeing which players will fight through frustration, then I dont know what is.

A lot of these games have been a test of character and poise, and the Leafs have really been coming out ontop. The stats and standings are saying it all.

Old
10-20-2010, 08:47 PM
grind your soul
Belak forever

Send a message via ICQ to grind your soul Send a message via MSN to grind your soul
Quote:
Originally Posted by topched View Post
Yeah it was kind of cat and mouse.

When Orr wanted to go, the Rags were up and it didnt make sense for Boogard to drop em.

When Boogie wanted to go the Leafs had all the momentum so Orr didnt need to rally the troops.
Cat and mouse, that was the term I was looking for.

Either way, I'm hoping for some fireworks early tomorrow, then have the game settle down a bit.

And hoping for a win.

For the Leafs.

Old
10-20-2010, 10:00 PM
toquerasta

Rangers are lacking on forwards and the Leafs exposed their defense on Friday. It all comes down to Lundqvist.

Old
10-20-2010, 10:40 PM
LeafsGuru93
me & Dave Ellett

Komi will lay a beat down on Avery!! I seriously hope and wish the fans get a "A--ho--" chant going. I want the fans to be more creative in showing their anger / dislike towards other players, not only booing.

anyone going to the game, get it going.

It's not how they died that made them heroes, it's how they lived, putting others safety 1st, each & every day. Thanks Toronto police for keeping us safe. -RIP Sgt. Ryan Russell, Const. Garrett Styles.
Old
10-20-2010, 10:48 PM
LecavalierToLeafs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Well to be fair Kulemin does have 4 pts in 5 games, and Versteeg did score last night...the refs just didn't like it haha. He has 2 pts but w/e this team has scored 17 goals in 5 goals thats a lot of goals to begin the year. As long as this team is producing I don't think it matters who's scoring.
If we keep getting 3 goals per goal..... we'll be unstoppable!!

Old
10-20-2010, 11:04 PM
Albi34

Quote:
Originally Posted by KewlBum View Post
Hopefully we win and keep this nice start to the season going.
But...I'm definitely not as optimistic as most people on this board right now.

The thing is that in the 5 games we've played, we've scored 17 goals. That is a great total. 3.4 average per game. But then you look at who has been scoring those goals.

Kessel = 5 goals
MacArthur = 5 goals

that comes to a total of 10 goals between these 2 players for about 60% of the teams total goals scored. I think it's pretty obvious neither will keep going at a gpg pace, that's just fact. So you've got the inevitable slow down of those two coming and unless our other players step it up (who have only scored 7 goals in 5 games), we're screwed.

Kulemin, Bozak, Versteeg, Grabo...they've got 2 goals between them in 5 games. That's REALLY bad. Think about it like this. We know Kessel and Clark is not going to score 82 goals each this season, so their goal pace is going to go down. If the two of them didn't start off this season so hot, and instead started playing at the pace they most likely will for the rest of the season (clark=20-30, Kes=40-50), we'd likely have a losing record right now.

So the 4 players I named above MUST offset the goals slowdown that Kessel and Clark will eventually have. I'm really not sure they can do that. I know a lot of people are high on Bozak, but I think the max he'll get is 50 points, with only MAYBE 15 goals. He's not a goal scorer at all people. And Kulemin...I found it funny how people were automatically projecting 25+ from him this season. What did he score in his 2 NHL seasons? I think predicting 20 in total from him is good (he might not even reach that). Grabo is just a mystery. And I think Versteeg is going to be the X factor. I think he has the tools to score 30 goals, and we are going to need him to produce more then he has if we're going to keep winning games.
you're assuming that kessel and c-mac will inevitably slow down their scoring pace (to return to a reasonable pace), so you should also assume that other players like kuli steeg and bozak will increase their production (to rise to a reasonable pace). basically you are assuming the worse - that our high point producers get worse and our low point producers dont get any better. unless this happens (unlikely) there is no reason for our goal scoring to slow down any time soon.

Old
10-20-2010, 11:25 PM
Woll Smoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Take some pride, extract some revenge, get us some points in the standings.

And most of all, wipe the smiles of the Kaberle trading, Don Cherry loving, 14 year old average age, trolling fanbase of the Maple Laffs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRAvery16NYR View Post
Time to send a message........ **** some leafs up...

Get the two points while you're at it please....

LGR!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Maybe we can send Boogaard to shove those fools around similar to what Rypien did to the dude in Minnesota.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrojanRanger View Post
Win or lose, I hope someone knocks the **** out of Armstrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangersfan111 View Post
i will be at the game ... i know this is going to be a good one...i will be representing the rangers proudly with my rangers jersey ... if avery is on his game and lundqvist is on his game ... there is no doubt in my mind that we will beat the snot out of the leafs

i hope boogey crunches kessel and avery hacks at armstrongs big nose
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR510 View Post
They're gonna go out there with the mindset of "revenge for Gabby" and bad penalties are gonna result. However we did a great job of stifling their PP last game, so hopefully we can do it for a second time.

I figure it'll be a physical game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaqup View Post
And frankly, I don't care how bad we lose. I want Boogey to put Kessel into the 3rd row. Just show some guts, please.
Almost half the posts in the Rags pre-game thread is about revenge...
all i can say is

Go Leafs Go

Old
10-21-2010, 12:21 AM
Crispy Crust

They are all so mad. Hopefully the Leafs dont get caught up in that stuff and keep playing like they have been. Going to miss the game tomorrow but hopefully they win.

Old
10-21-2010, 01:04 AM
CanadasTeam
HFBoards Sponsor

LOL! sure, Orr or Brown are both waiting

At any rate, new GDT is UP!!

Please continue here: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?p...5#post28437375

Old
10-21-2010, 01:28 AM
SubieMonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny878 View Post
holy freaking god. do i feel stupid. wow
LOL.

This should be an exciting leaf game, as usual. I think the boys are gonna come out hungry due the BS from the last one against the isles.
With two days rest they should be able to come out fast and forecheck damn hard. Really looking forward watching Brown and Ziggy.

And the Rags are missing gabby, drury and prospal. It won't be easy but they shall prevail if they are in control and play their game.

Go leafs go!

Old
10-21-2010, 01:41 AM
TheSilencer

I'd be disappointed if we don't win this. And if we do lose this, there's gonna be a lot of "the sky is falling" kind of threads I wanna win the game just so we could avoid all that.

As for the bottom pairing, definitely Lebda over Gunnarsson. No reason to mess with the winning formula. Lebda was really good last game too. Just send Gunnarsson to AHL. I don't see it being a big deal at all.

Old
10-21-2010, 02:17 AM
The Hutch

I'm going to go with the Monster in net. Lebda may get the start ahead of Gunner, but I expect Gunner to play.

I'm no good at picking the final tally, but I'm with Colby to score tomorrow night.

Orr vs Booger and the sequel to Brown vs Prust. I think one of the pairings will happen in the first 3-4 minutes, and the other in the middle of the second period.

Can't wait for game time!

Closed Thread