2010-11 Boston Bruins Prospect Thread I

Closed Thread

Old
10-15-2010, 11:30 PM
cheg1349

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Just got back from the Kitchener Rangers game. Don't normally sit at ice level but i did tonight. You can see Tyler Randell's passion and determination in his eyes when he's on the ice. Worked his butt of against 2 Owen Sound players took the puck and scored a beauty of a goal.

kid is quickly earning a reputation as the hardest worker and best forechecker around the OHL.
Is he the guy who when drafted a few years ago had the reputation as a guy with all the physical skills but effort concerns? If so, that's quite a 180 and encouraging to hear.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:50 AM
Kvartalnov_Fan
Stanley Cup Stupid!

FYI - Chudinov Currently has 5G 3A in 14 games for Cherepovets. Pretty good number for a young D-man in the KHL.
Good looking pick so far. Still way too early to really know.

Old
10-16-2010, 09:26 PM
NinthSpoke06

Cross just scored another goal for BC.

2nd goal in 3 games for him.

I love him and his game. I personally think he could be a very good #3 in the future if he could just stay healthy.

Old
10-17-2010, 09:32 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
Jared Knight is really starting to find his groove playing on a line with 2011 draft eligibles Vladislav Namestnikov and Seth Griffith (IMO this kid is going to climb draft rankings all year long). Last night the threesome created chance after chance only to be robbed by Rangers goalie Brendan Maxwell. But the Knights offense runs through the three of them now (all tied for the team lead with 9 points).

Knight took a nasty hit from behind and had his face plastered into the glass (no penalty). He got up and went after the guy and took a shot to the jaw. When he saw the ref was going to call that he backed off and took the PP which produced the game winner.

It is now between Jared Knight and Chris DeSousa to be named captain of the team (probably this coming week).

Old
10-17-2010, 10:43 AM
Seguins Dragon*

Quote:
Jared Knight is really starting to find his groove playing on a line with 2011 draft eligibles Vladislav Namestnikov and Seth Griffith (IMO this kid is going to climb draft rankings all year long). Last night the threesome created chance after chance only to be robbed by Rangers goalie Brendan Maxwell. But the Knights offense runs through the three of them now (all tied for the team lead with 9 points).

Knight took a nasty hit from behind and had his face plastered into the glass (no penalty). He got up and went after the guy and took a shot to the jaw. When he saw the ref was going to call that he backed off and took the PP which produced the game winner.

It is now between Jared Knight and Chris DeSousa to be named captain of the team (probably this coming week).
good stuff, thanks for the update

Old
10-18-2010, 05:26 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
The goaltending shuffle

This one got me off guard a little

http://www.providencebruins.com/View/PressReleases/582

Courchaine to Alaska, Dalton to Reading, Hutch stays in Providence

Old
10-18-2010, 05:31 PM
5 minutes a Knight

Quote:

Courchaine got shelled in his only game at Reading

Dalton looked awful in his only game in Providence

Hutchinson looked bad last night, leaky and slow

But they all need to play so good move for the most part, Hutch needs to go back to Juniors but I guess that's not going to happen

Old
10-18-2010, 05:48 PM
bruinsfan46

Courchaine is so terrible, him letting up 4 goals on 9 shots in 13 minutes for Reading doesn't surprise me a bit. Honestly he's probably just taking a spot from somebody that might actually have a future in pro hockey and should be outright released.

Old
10-18-2010, 06:22 PM
bhigo59

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruinsfan46 View Post
Courchaine is so terrible, him letting up 4 goals on 9 shots in 13 minutes for Reading doesn't surprise me a bit. Honestly he's probably just taking a spot from somebody that might actually have a future in pro hockey and should be outright released.
Actually BF46 Courchaine gave up all 4 of those goals in less than eight minutes to start the game. The first goal was given up in 14 seconds from the top of the right circle and it went down hill from there. I'll give him credit for maybe one but the other three were more than stoppable. Just looked like he didn't even want to be playing from the get go.

Old
10-18-2010, 09:28 PM
Howard35

Send a message via AIM to Howard35
read the article on sauve... I just feel like everytime i hear something positive about this kid you guys got, he's gonna be a stud...

Old
10-19-2010, 03:01 PM
NinthSpoke06

Found a great article from last week on Tommy Cross.

Quote:
Tommy Cross has been a Boston Bruins fan his entire life, but it’s safe to say at this point that his rooting interests are personal in a different manner.

The Simsbury, CT native grew up rooting for the Bruins, and was drafted by his favorite team in the second round of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft, a year before he even put on a Boston College sweater.

He participated in his first Bruins development camp during the summer of 2008, where he skated alongside current Bruins David Krejci, Milan Lucic and Matt Hunwick. Reflecting on his experience at camp, he said that he’d learned a lot from the coaches and players. That, of course, comes as no surprise, since as Cross noted, “those guys are doing pretty well for themselves now.”
Boston Bruins' prospect Tommy Cross speaks softly, carries a big stick

Old
10-19-2010, 03:35 PM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
Found a great article from last week on Tommy Cross.

Boston Bruins' prospect Tommy Cross speaks softly, carries a big stick
Cross looks like the Bruins best bet to salvage something from that horrendous 2007 draft. Hamill just looks like potential trade bait at this point.

Old
10-19-2010, 05:53 PM
bruinsfan46

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortonHearsAWoo View Post
Cross looks like the Bruins best bet to salvage something from that horrendous 2007 draft. Hamill just looks like potential trade bait at this point.
I see he's off to another flying start in the AHL, one point in five games. An 8th overall pick who in his third season still can't put up good numbers at the AHL level. The clock's ticking on getting him out of the organization and getting something in return because if he's still a Bruin next October he either has to make the NHL team (which I don't expect he will be able to with the Bruins forward depth) or he gets waived.

Old
10-19-2010, 08:00 PM
Johnnyduke

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanSeguin View Post
Cross just scored another goal for BC.

2nd goal in 3 games for him.

I love him and his game. I personally think he could be a very good #3 in the future if he could just stay healthy.
Good to see him healthy and contributing to the offense. As one of the many solid juniors they have, says something that he's sporting an "A".

Also remember that his injury last season was a result of a cheap trip from a Maine player (and even then he played in 38 games).

Let's hope he takes that next step this year.

Old
10-19-2010, 09:05 PM
pedrospecialk

Send a message via AIM to pedrospecialk
Chatted with Puempel's older brother today - the two teams they're keeping their eyes on who've been scouting Matt a lot are the Bruins and the Coyotes, for whatever it's worth.

However at this point, a lot's got to go wrong for the Leafs for us to have a chance at him.

Old
10-19-2010, 09:53 PM
GloryDaze4877
Stone Clode 3:17

Soderberg had two assists in Malmo's last game and is now the leading scorer in the SEL-2 with 3g/13a in 11 games. Damn! I'd like to see what he could do over here (even though it will probably never happen).

Old
10-20-2010, 10:27 AM
BruinFanSam

Any Knight/ Spooner updates?

Also, I heard Sauve is injured - is this a serious injury?

Looks like Kampher is having a good start?

Thanks for any information

Old
10-20-2010, 10:38 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

[QUOTE=pedrospecialk;28412757]Chatted with Puempel's older brother today - the two teams they're keeping their eyes on who've been scouting Matt a lot are the Bruins and the Coyotes, for whatever it's worth.

However at this point, a lot's got to go wrong for the Leafs for us to have a chance at him.[/QUOTE]

Don't subscribe to all the hype. It will. Just give them time and some adversity.

Old
10-20-2010, 07:12 PM
repairmanjack1961

Quote:

Hi there! I see a message on Forecaster that states that Courchaine has been recalled from Gwinnett dated the 19th. Now would that be recalled from the ECHL to the AHL or to Boston?

Just a little confused!

Thanks for any response.

Old
10-21-2010, 12:13 AM
SaucyNavel
GinoGinoGino

5 assists tonight for Craig Cunningham

13GP 6G 21A 27P +7 12PIM

Old
10-21-2010, 08:59 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

1 assist for Chudinov in a 4-2 win over Dinamo Riga.

16 GP - 5 G - 4 A - 9 pts - +6 - 21:25 ATOI

Old
10-21-2010, 09:27 AM
Hippie

The more I read about this kid, the more excited I become. What is his contract status over in Cheropovets? I saw on Kirk's rundown of Chudinov that the Bruins don't expect to see him for 2 years, but I'm curious if that is hard & fast, or if he may come over next and stay after development camp. I would like to see him and Alexandrov playing together next year in Providence, if Yuri hasn't made the leap.

Old
10-21-2010, 11:02 AM
FONZIE
SPEPATLABFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingamajig View Post
5 assists tonight for Craig Cunningham

13GP 6G 21A 27P +7 12PIM
I'm pulling for this guy. I'm hoping he's a late-bloomer type.

10-21-2010, 11:39 AM
Kirk- NEHJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
The more I read about this kid, the more excited I become. What is his contract status over in Cheropovets? I saw on Kirk's rundown of Chudinov that the Bruins don't expect to see him for 2 years, but I'm curious if that is hard & fast, or if he may come over next and stay after development camp. I would like to see him and Alexandrov playing together next year in Providence, if Yuri hasn't made the leap.
It's hard and fast in terms of him signing and coming over to play, but he'll probably come to the next development camp in 2011 and again in 2012 when he's expected to sign, much like Alexandrov (coming over in '09 and again this past summer). But, because Chudinov signed a two-year deal this past summer with Cherepovets, you're not going to see him in Providence/Boston prior to 2012 unless something major and unforeseen happens.

Old
10-21-2010, 11:48 AM
Mike Yeos Eyebrows
The O'Reilly Rule

I think it'll be easier for Chudinov to break in because by that time Alexandrov will most likely be a full time player, and those two not only played on the same team but were on the same pairing.

Closed Thread