HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Quick question: If Antro...

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 09:51 PM
One-eyed Jack

vCash: 500
Quick question: If Antro...

...is slated to start the year as the 3rd line center, then who is scheduled to play the wing on the line with Sundin & Mogilny?

Old
10-04-2003, 10:17 PM
think-blue-

Send a message via MSN to think-blue-
No one's been slated anywhere yet. Frankly, I dont think Quinn has done much to indicate what lines he's going to go with (like putting stajan btwn Mogilny one night and Roberts/nolan the other).

I would *hope* Nik is paired with someone offensive and can finish his plays - either Nolan or Mogilny.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:23 AM
Shawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThinkBlue
No one's been slated anywhere yet. Frankly, I dont think Quinn has done much to indicate what lines he's going to go with (like putting stajan btwn Mogilny one night and Roberts/nolan the other).

I would *hope* Nik is paired with someone offensive and can finish his plays - either Nolan or Mogilny.

We have seen in the past though that Quinn is not so masterful at building and keeping lines together. I would love to see a unit placed together and left alone so that they can learn to play each others game. I hope Quinn is gone this year, but I can't see it.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:33 AM
IWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn
We have seen in the past though that Quinn is not so masterful at building and keeping lines together. I would love to see a unit placed together and left alone so that they can learn to play each others game. I hope Quinn is gone this year, but I can't see it.
I have mixed feelings over that. I tend to feel the same about Quinn fairly often. I love his free-flowing style, but the fact that a defensive system rarely seems to be in place makes me uncomfortable against some of the upper-echelon teams. Maybe it's not Quinn, though. Maybe if Ley was replaced that might improve. I don't know.

Regarding the lines, I totally agree. There's too much shuffling. I realize he wants everyone to know how to play together in case there's injuries, but I think that's better left for practices.

Old
10-05-2003, 06:56 AM
p.l.f.
mvp

Nolan or Mogilny

i think 5 on 5 quinn wants to try sundin mogilny on different lines
for example:

tucker sundin nolan
stajan nieuwendyk roberts
renberg antropov mogilny

if not then maybe:
renberg sundin mogilny
roberts nieuwendyk tucker
stajan antropov renberg

not bad !

Old
10-05-2003, 08:15 AM
Transplanted Caper

How about..
Roberts-Sundin-Nolan
Mogilny-Newindyk-Tucker
Renberg-Antropov-Stajan
Fitzgerald-Reichel-Domi

Old
10-05-2003, 09:04 AM
wasting time

Stajan should be no where near the wing this year. He is too slight and young. If he is to be up here - put him in center fo the 4th line where he will only get 8 defensive minutes.

Old
10-05-2003, 10:22 AM
Mess
Global Moderator

I think if you match up pairs then and fill in the 3rd you can have a pretty strong top 3 lines for instance

Sundin & Mogilny
Nieuwendyk & Roberts
Antropov & Nolan

I think Renberg (corner work) or Domi (to protect the Stars) would fit with Mats

I think Tucker might be a good fit or possible young Stajan with Niuewendyk

I would try Reichel on the wing with Antropov, since he does have some offensive ability and be able to set up Nik & Owen..

and play Fitzgerald at center with likely Domi and Perrott on the 4th energy line..

Old
10-05-2003, 12:25 PM
loveshack2

I like Antropov more as a center than as a winger, however seeing how weak the LW is compared to the RW (as is the case with almost every NHL team), I think Nik and the team might be better served with him playing 1st or 2nd line LW rather than 3rd line center.

Old
10-05-2003, 01:29 PM
McFly

What I'd like to see is...of course before whatever trade is in the works...

Antropov - Sundin - Mogilny
Roberts - Nieuwendyk - Nolan
Renberg - Stajan - Tucker
Perrott - Reichel - Domi

Everybody in the position they're supposed to be playing. I'd much rather have Green on that 3rd line but oh well.

Old
10-05-2003, 01:44 PM
Rand

Quote:
Originally Posted by One-eyed Jack
...is slated to start the year as the 3rd line center, then who is scheduled to play the wing on the line with Sundin & Mogilny?
Right now it seems like Roberts will be paired with Sundin and Nolan/Mogilny on the first line.

I'm not at all certain that Antropov will be Centering the 2'nd line, it seems much more likely he'll be shifted to the left wing with Nieuwendyk Centering him and one of Nolan/Mogilny.