HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Would you trade Kaberle

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 11:52 AM
berney fkaj

vCash: 500
Would you trade Kaberle?

If it takes Kaberle and a domi/Belek to get a true # 1 Defenseman would you make the trade?

Old
10-05-2003, 12:01 PM
Transplanted Caper

Although no one is ever untradeable, Kaberle comes pretty close considering the situation. We have a number #1 defenceman and his name is Tomas Kaberl, by trading Kaberle and someone to get another #1 d-man gets us nowhere. At the end of the day we'd still have a depth problem at defence. If we traded Kaberle and got for example Hamirlik(just the first name to pop into my head , im not sugesting their of equal trade value) then we wouldnt have solved the problem. We need to use our depth upfront to acquire another top 2 defenceman to compliment Kaberle.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:07 PM
loveshack2

Well it depends who exactly it is. There arent too many "true #1's" in the league better than Kaberle who don't have questions in the age, salary, or health department. Kaberle may not be a "true #1" by some people's standards but he is young, healthy, improving, and wont be UFA for another 6yrs or so.

If it's Kaberle/Domi for Lidstrom abslolutely I do it. Im not so sure about others though, If Pronger is completely healthy then again I absolutely do it., but is he completely healthy? Others I would have to decide on a case by case basis I think.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:10 PM
berney fkaj

Hey we have to improve our D, and I not saying that we should trade kaberle I was just wondering what other people think. Yes trading our #1 D for a other teams #1 dosen't help are # 2 D but it still does improve are Defenseman.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:14 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

there arent many true #1 defensemen in the league
in fact they may all be in the west

Old
10-05-2003, 12:19 PM
Transplanted Caper

I think that Kaberle is a number one defenceman. He is the Leafs best dman, and has the potential to get even better. I think its difficult to equate a superstar defenceman with a #1 dman. As for the Western Conference anaology would you not consider Gonchar,Redden,Aucoin,Ninnima,Stevens,Nedirmyer,.. .#1 dmen?..and if not they're pretty close

Old
10-05-2003, 12:49 PM
wasting time

sure. Why not. I'd trade anyone for the right deaL

Old
10-05-2003, 12:51 PM
Rand

Depends whom the proffered #1 D-Man is.
The Leafs are a very old team as is, and Kaberle is one of our few relatively young players so I wouldnt be interested in dealing him for a veteran #1 D-Man.

I'd likely only deal Kaberle were we getting another fairly young #1 D-Man in return.
Unfortunately there are very few young D-Man available that are already #1 D-Man.
Most are either borderline #1/2 like Kaberle or merely #4's with a ton of potential to become a #1 in the future.

10-05-2003, 01:18 PM
monkey_00*

Quote:
Originally Posted by berney fkaj
If it takes Kaberle and a domi/Belek to get a true # 1 Defenseman would you make the trade?
No cause Kaberle is the Leafs #1 guy..........I don't see anybody else available right now that's better than Kaberle.

Closed Thread