HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

Reebok Pump Durable?

Old
10-21-2010, 07:37 PM
Fowler

vCash: 500
Reebok Pump Durable?

I'm looking for a new pair of skates, and I have tried some Bauers and the Reebok 6K. Solely, because they were under my budget of $450 bucks.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if the pump in the Reebok's are durable? I have had some people tell me they do not last, but I'm trying to find a few more reviews.

Any experiences?

Fowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 07:41 PM
Pierre Gotye

I've had mine on my 7k's since I bought them almost 3 years ago, and they still work fine.

FWIW, Reebok will replace the bladder for you if they fail.

Pierre Gotye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-21-2010, 11:13 PM
IDuck

ive got the 9k's and they have lasted for over 2 years...i will say this though, my next pair of skates will most likely be bauers...i think it has more to do with my feet than anything else though

IDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:26 AM
2evils

Quote:
Originally Posted by IDuck View Post
ive got the 9k's and they have lasted for over 2 years...i will say this though, my next pair of skates will most likely be bauers...i think it has more to do with my feet than anything else though
Goalie 9k's here - and the pumps have held up fine, going into 3rd season now with em. Know what you mean about the foot fit though...seems like RBK's are just a bit shy on the width that everyone is used to.

Awesome skates, but if you have a wide(ish) foot, maybe try on the newer EE width.

Last edited by 2evils: 10-22-2010 at 08:27 AM. Reason: sp!
2evils is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 07:17 PM
LarryO

I had 5K's, and one pump started leaking after a year and a half (warranty expired). It would empty after 15 minutes. Without the pump, the heel area was too wide so the skates ended up being useless. If you buy the RBK's make sure you get proper heel lock without needing to use the pump. I now wear Bauer Flexlites which have the wide toe, narrow heel and low/medium arch that I needed.

The irony with the pump is that you shouldn't rely on the pump for a good heel fit so you shouldn't buy it if it doesn't fit well without using the pump. But if you don't need the pump, what's the point of carrying that extra weight?

LarryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:56 PM
AIREAYE

Yeah, the Pump is mostly for micro-adjustment, make sure the skate fits well BEFORE pumping

AIREAYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:55 AM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

I have the 9Ks which I bought online from Hockey Monkey (I live in the Middle East so the only option). I sized them best I could with online info and the skates I already had (Eastons).

My Eastons were causing me serious foot pain. Ive always had that issue but these were unbearable. I figured I needed a wider foot bed so I went with the wide 9Ks. They fit great and Ive had zero breakin issues after 10 skates or so. I dont really use the pump but like others have said its more for micro adjustment such as if they feel a touch loose.

Great skates over all.

Lonny Bohonos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 08:44 AM
Skraut

I've got some 4k pumps, and I'm a big dude (6'4" 270) Everybody on here said I'd wear down the support within a few months, but they're still going strong a year and a half later. I'm don't have the skills to cut the tightest of corners, or lean into them as hard as others might, but they aren't exactly getting off easily either. Have been really impressed with them.

Skraut is offline   Reply With Quote