HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Canucks will move Bieksa ASAP

Old
10-22-2010, 01:36 AM
caley

vCash: 500
OP is taking things wayyyy out of context. Dreger said that Pierre Gauthier was scouting the Canucks, but that Gauthier is a scouting GM not necessarily looking for a trade options. Said that Canucks would likely move Bieksa as soon as it's possible when everyone returns. Rather than Hamhuis and Ballard returning, I'm pretty sure this means more along the lines of when Burrows and/or Salo returns and the need to shed salary arises.

The Carter thing was never mentioned by Dreger.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:49 AM
Mama Shinkaruk
For Mom of the Year

vCash: 50

Mama Shinkaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:37 AM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCiarniello View Post
We dont need Jason Blake. He's a locker room cancer.

*Ba Dum Tssss

IDK where this assumption that he is a cancer comes from.

He has been a great lockeroom guy in Anaheim.

I love him but I would rather give his spot to a guy like sexton who has alot to prove.

the problem is that once Lupul comes back we have 1 too many wingers.

defer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:46 AM
airforceones25

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post

He has been a great lockeroom guy in Anaheim.

I love him but I would rather give his spot to a guy like sexton who has alot to prove.

the problem is that once Lupul comes back we have 1 too many wingers.
Maybe it's because he's a cancer survivor... somewhere along the road people heard cancer and they got confused? but he's been nothing of sort to the Ducks.

airforceones25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:00 AM
Amused To Death

vCash: 1335
Vancouver: Cam Fowler

Anaheim: Kevin Bieksa

We get a quality, will one day be very good defenseman...you get dirt. AHAHAHAHA!!!!

Amused To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:00 AM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by airforceones25 View Post
Maybe it's because he's a cancer survivor... somewhere along the road people heard cancer and they got confused? but he's been nothing of sort to the Ducks.
like honestly. he is a great guy to the fans and team.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:01 AM
defer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amused To Death View Post
Vancouver: Kevin Bieksa

Anaheim: Cam Fowler

We get a quality defenseman...you get dirt. AHAHAHAHA!!!!

deal. thats how this works right?

Old
10-22-2010, 03:04 AM
hackey

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlweezer View Post
Another rumor floating around is a possible trade with the Flyers involving Jeff Carter, Cody Hodgson and Kevin Bieksa
Why post this without a source/link. it reeks of bull
Just trying to get the kiddies excited?

hackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:13 AM
Red

I honestly think I will barf from excitement the day Bieksa is traded.

Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:48 AM
Saren
Multi Pass!

My inside sources tell me that Kevin Bieksa will be traded tomorrow to the Atlanta Thrasers for Andrew Ladd.

Also, inside sources telling me to stop talking to myself (also known as inside sources).

Saren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:31 AM
Co Ho*

This whole Rypien mishap was a ploy to take attention away from how poor Bieksa has been and boost his trade value, well played MG

Co Ho* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:38 AM
Mantha Poodoo
The Wheeled Winger

Maybe Tampa Bay? I suppose they could use the grit and the possibility of offense from the blueline, even if he does bring a little baggage with him. I don't think Yzerman would have to break the bank to get him, and if he doesn't work out this year they simply don't re-sign him. If a change of scenery does turn his game around, then the Bolts possibly acquire a chance to re-sign a decent d-man at a cheap price to acquire him.

Mantha Poodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:29 AM
RAZZIE King
Registered redophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wheeled Winger View Post
Maybe Tampa Bay? I suppose they could use the grit and the possibility of offense from the blueline, even if he does bring a little baggage with him. I don't think Yzerman would have to break the bank to get him, and if he doesn't work out this year they simply don't re-sign him. If a change of scenery does turn his game around, then the Bolts possibly acquire a chance to re-sign a decent d-man at a cheap price to acquire him.
I can already see a Bieksa for Jones trade here...

RAZZIE King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:54 AM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I can't think of the last time Dreger's said anything about the Canucks that wasn't either something that any thinking fan could've guessed on their own or totally disproved later on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by defer View Post
I think he has a rep as a selfish player - long shifts, takes a huge amount of shots on goal. Ron Wilson busted his ass for the former pretty often in Toronto I think.

Furthermore he's been on a losing team with (what was viewed as) a boat anchor contract signed by a hugely unpopular GM most recently, which I guess makes people assume he's unhappy or at least unwelcome.

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:29 AM
ChrisFromVan

vCash: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saren View Post
My inside sources tell me that Kevin Bieksa will be traded tomorrow to the Atlanta Thrasers for Andrew Ladd.

Also, inside sources telling me to stop talking to myself (also known as inside sources).
Kesler would lay an egg lol, imagine av putting them on the same line

people seem to be taking dregers words as matter of fact when it seemed like personal opinion, but still, I hope he's on to something

ChrisFromVan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:58 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

There seems to be a lot of smoke surrounding this rumor although maybe it's just slowly being fed oxygen over the internet. Montreal seems to be popping up frequently. I don't think the Habs lack depth but they lack a rightie and are forcing Spacek to the right because of it.

Is there any chance two (Vancouver/Montreal) teams would trade struggling d-men? Spacek is struggling right now for Montreal but is experienced and probably would do better on his natural side if Vancouver has room for him there.

Some of the Montreal fanbase is enamored with Bieksa because of his right hand shot and physical presence. Maybe Bieksa paired with a guy like Hamrlik could help solve some of his defensive woes.

The result would be a veteran d-man (Spacek) added to a younger d core and a younger d-man added to an older Montreal core.

O'Byrne appears to be in the dog house too. Is there a younger d-man the Canucks would part with as well? Something like..........

Bieksa / younger D

for

Spacek / O'Byrne

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:20 AM
Tiranis

*sigh* We have no interest in Spacek. End of story. I think this has been covered sufficiently over the summer... it's not the way Gillis does business.

Tiranis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
strungout
Professional Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tender Rip View Post
Caps have the room for him, and while they'd likely prefer a D-man who makes less boneheaded mistakes than Bieksa tends to do, the physicality he brings could fit that teams needs rather well I think.
Agreed.

I know some Caps fans have reservations about Bieksa, deservedly so, but I think pairing him with a guy like Poti or Alzner should help with some of his mistakes.

They really need someone to pair with Alzner because playing every other night with Erskine or Sloan, on his wrong side, is really hurting his development.

So...back to old reliable.

David Steckel and Anton Gustafsson for Bieksa

strungout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:36 AM
Peter

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
There seems to be a lot of smoke surrounding this rumor although maybe it's just slowly being fed oxygen over the internet. Montreal seems to be popping up frequently. I don't think the Habs lack depth but they lack a rightie and are forcing Spacek to the right because of it.

Is there any chance two (Vancouver/Montreal) teams would trade struggling d-men? Spacek is struggling right now for Montreal but is experienced and probably would do better on his natural side if Vancouver has room for him there.

Some of the Montreal fanbase is enamored with Bieksa because of his right hand shot and physical presence. Maybe Bieksa paired with a guy like Hamrlik could help solve some of his defensive woes.

The result would be a veteran d-man (Spacek) added to a younger d core and a younger d-man added to an older Montreal core.

O'Byrne appears to be in the dog house too. Is there a younger d-man the Canucks would part with as well? Something like..........

Bieksa / younger D

for

Spacek / O'Byrne
Montreal has 3 UFA and 3 RFA on defence this summer. Bieksa will be a UFA this summer. Long term Bieksa is a not a solution for Montreal as he would be looking for same amount of dollars $3.5 million. Don't see a fit here.

Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:37 AM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
*sigh* We have no interest in Spacek. End of story. I think this has been covered sufficiently over the summer... it's not the way Gillis does business.
Okay..................

Montreal is linked to Bieksa quite a lot. Just trying to see how the Habs would fit - that's all. And I thought maybe the perspective would change given the injuries on the Canucks' blueline.

And I don't spend much time here in the summer.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:49 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Future is Now

Awards:
Please not Montreal please not Montreal please not Montreal

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:49 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
OP is taking things wayyyy out of context. Dreger said that Pierre Gauthier was scouting the Canucks, but that Gauthier is a scouting GM not necessarily looking for a trade options. Said that Canucks would likely move Bieksa as soon as it's possible when everyone returns. Rather than Hamhuis and Ballard returning, I'm pretty sure this means more along the lines of when Burrows and/or Salo returns and the need to shed salary arises.

The Carter thing was never mentioned by Dreger.
actually you have it wrong. He said that Gauthier has been scouting the Blackhawks, but he doubts there is anything there because Gauthier said he was a scouting GM. Then he goes on to mention Bieksa and possible destinations and he then mentions that his sources are telling him that Montreal is looking for depth on their blueline.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:52 AM
Andy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Please not Montreal please not Montreal please not Montreal
Bieksa wouldn't be worse than Spacek...That's for sure. But I just don't see a trade happening because of the cap unless Spacek is sent elsewhere. Maybe Spacek isn't the one to be moved? Maybe Hal Gill will be moved? Who knows, we'll see how it plays out.

But Bieksa isn't worse than Spacek, he's definitley an upgrade...how much of an upgrade? Who knows.

We'll see how this plays out soon.

Andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Sony Eriksson*

I would like to see Dallas pick him up! Our defense has been mediocre at best so adding another veteran with a physical presence could not hurt.

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Canadian_Brewtality

whats with the hate on bieksa, im just wondering?

Once a solid D-man, he has had a rash of injuries and possibly not being used appropriately.

I just dont get it when guys are rumored to be on the move, the fans of the team come out of the woodwork and spare no expense to rip that player to shreds.
"Bah who needs that bum anyways, i would rather have an imaginary 4th round pick in 2012 than a NHL defensemen!". Its like they cant give any credit to anybody because currently then arent playing well.

and so on, i just dont get it.

Canadian_Brewtality is offline   Reply With Quote