HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Radulov signs 2 year extension with Ufa

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2010, 10:24 AM
token grinder

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
You know, I'm really not that mad about this. It's clear this move by Rads, if true, shows his highest priorities are money, being comfortable and being the big fish in a small pond. Theres nothing wrong that. Not everybody is born with the intense desire to be the best of the best and be a legend in the best league in the world. Yeah it sucks for us but good luck to Radu. I'll still look forward to seeing him in International play
yanno, maybe he more comfortable being home, with his family and friends in a place he is adored. it isn't all about the money, big fish, etc. There is more to life than hockey.

Old
10-22-2010, 10:47 AM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
yanno, maybe he more comfortable being home, with his family and friends in a place he is adored. it isn't all about the money, big fish, etc. There is more to life than hockey.
Hey! I'm a little dense but if that's a shot at my statement I did say being comfortable was one of the factors likely ALONG with money and being a big fish in a small pond. Rad's likes his ego stroked and he gets that there. Like i said not everybody wants to be the best of the best. I guess he simply wasn't born with that drive. No problem, I hope he enjoys his career there. Personally I couldn't fathom making the choice he did but everybody is different.

Old
10-22-2010, 11:30 AM
RaiderDoug

I'm having a hard time being all that upset.

If I was in Siberia making X dollars, and some firm in Nashville offered me X times 5 to come home - I'd be on the first plane back. Yeah, he broke the contract - but this is a business and an NHL team would have no qualms about buying out a salary, dumping a guy in the minors. It's business, and you have a higher duty to do what's best for you and your family.

Next, I know Radulov had a bright future, but it's a stretch to call him a 90+ point player here in the NHL based on what he's doing in an inferior league. Especially considering how he fit into the "team" game that Nashville plays. And he's no Malkin/Ovechkin.

I've seen all 6 Preds games so far, and I really really like this team. I'll just move on.

Old
10-22-2010, 11:51 AM
lightning_legwand*

Radulov signs 3 year extension is europe??

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=832590

Are you kidding me??

Old
10-22-2010, 11:53 AM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
We already have a thread on it. it's at the top.

Old
10-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

And here is the KHL's argument as to why Radulov was allowed to sign an extension

Quote:
Also, Radulov signed at the end of August, right before the NHL visited Russia to play two games against KHL clubs, for the first time in 20 years; right before the two leagues signed an official agreement to respect each other's contracts.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puc...urn=nhl-279187

Quote:
What was the reason behind staying in the KHL? Nikolaev explained:
"Let's look at it from the point of view of Radulov's careers. The CBA between the NHL and the NHLPA will expire in the next couple of years. If Radulov's contract expired next year, he would have one more year to wait until the new CBA in North America. The NHLPA now has new people with their new vision of things, and no one understands when and how the new CBA is going to be signed and what may happen if the new CBA is not signed in time. That's why we decided to wait and see what is going to happen over there, and what CBA will be signed. And then we will have a choice."

Old
10-22-2010, 01:25 PM
OpenWheel

I'm sure that the Russians saying they signed the deal months ago, before the new agreement is much the same as the University of Kentucky miraculously finding a fax on Tubby Smith's messy desk that was sent before a deadline and ends up keeping one of their players eligible. In other words, yeah, sure...

I've said before when people said Rads would be back next year that I'd only believe that when I saw it. I never really believed it, as he'd shown he didn't give two hoots about contracts. And I doubted the KHL would let him walk without any decent offers. If he doesn't want to to play here, and he doesn't, I say don't let the door hit him in the ### on the way out. I don't really blame him NOW. The crappy thing was what he did over two years ago. If I was him and had long since broken the contract I'd just evaluate new deals on their own merits. I didn't expect him to take a pay cut to go back and make amends, to "honor" a contract he'd already broken. What's done is done. The only thing that will make me mad going forward is the IHF won't have the balls to ban him from their competitions as several have already said. So he'll suffer no repercussions at all.

CYA Rads. At least we don't have to talk about you any more. I hope you blow a skate blade on your biggest breakaways ever and lose many games. But good luck and all that.

Last edited by OpenWheel: 10-22-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old
10-22-2010, 03:18 PM
token grinder

I really don't care if he comes or goes, so long as if he did come back, nashville holds his rights and a 900k contract.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:37 PM
jlsg

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
I really don't care if he comes or goes, so long as if he did come back, nashville holds his rights and a 900k contract.
Maybe, maybe not. Supposedly the reason for signing the extension is to get past the new CBA, which could possibly mean his contract with Nashville could be voided and he has free agent status. NHLPA would like something like that in there and I could see a scenario that the NHL owners would toss it in to get something else back.

Looks like his Russian agent is the root of all this. He's making sure he gets his payday and doesn't give a red rats a$$ about Nashville. At this point who knows what Rads thinks or wants to do.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:57 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
Maybe, maybe not. Supposedly the reason for signing the extension is to get past the new CBA, which could possibly mean his contract with Nashville could be voided and he has free agent status. NHLPA would like something like that in there and I could see a scenario that the NHL owners would toss it in to get something else back.

Looks like his Russian agent is the root of all this. He's making sure he gets his payday and doesn't give a red rats a$$ about Nashville. At this point who knows what Rads thinks or wants to do.
If the NHLPA wants to give up guaranteed contracts, then the owners would jump at it. But Redden would lose his money, Souray, Huet, etc.

I can't see that happening. The NHLPA has a great thing with guaranteed contracts. They won't touch the Radulov situation because it would threaten that...

Old
10-22-2010, 04:41 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
Rads and the KHL burned us, sometimes in life you get the shaft, the sooner you forget about him the happier you will be.

Old
10-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Rads and the KHL burned us, sometimes in life you get the shaft, the sooner you forget about him the happier you will be.
I don't even really look at it that way. He's a busted 1st rounder. Better than Brian Finley, but that's the company he keeps IMO.

Old
10-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Dodgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstreet View Post
Yup.
Radulov is dead to me.
Has been for quite some time.

Old
10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Who?

Old
10-23-2010, 12:09 PM
InRinneWeTrust

I bought a Radulov jersey during his last season, just before the playoffs.
It was my first one of the RBK Edge-style too, so was pretty PO'ed when he left.

Eventually I cut off the numbers/name plate and have since moved on.
I just hope SK74 doesn't become Radulov pt.2 "Return of The Concussinator."

Old
10-23-2010, 05:44 PM
worstfaceoffmanever
What's the Pred say?

I think we have a pretty good case if we want to take this to court, but I frankly think that everyone except perhaps Poile has put the Radulov situation out of mind and moved on.

Old
10-23-2010, 06:10 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

can we lock this thread up & just move on with the season ... I hope we go with American/Canadian/Swede finisher in the first round

Old
10-23-2010, 06:13 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave is a killer View Post
can we lock this thread up & just move on with the season ... I hope we go with American/Canadian/Swede finisher in the first round
No, there's still news likely to come on this. Really haven't heard much from the Preds (besides Poile's comments with Cooper) and there has yet to be a statement from the NHL.

I don't see a reason to lock the thread, but it might drop from the stickies sometime this week if there's no new news. Feel free to put it on ignore though...

Old
10-23-2010, 07:55 PM
WartracePred

How do I "ignore" this thread? I haven't learned more than the bare minimum to post and read on this board.

Old
10-23-2010, 08:01 PM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
How do I "ignore" this thread? I haven't learned more than the bare minimum to post and read on this board.
Don't open and read it?

Old
10-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCpredator View Post
In the main screen of the forum that lists the titles of all the threads, to the far right of the title you will see a small black box with an "x" in it. Click on the box and you'll be asked if you want to ignore the thread. Confirm you're request and it disappears.

To cancel an ignore, go to your User CP (control panel) and click on "View Ignored Threads". There you will see a list of any threads you have on ignore and can choose to cancel the ignore request if you so desire...

Old
10-24-2010, 11:58 AM
PredsV82
Puckaroni and cheese

vCash: 50
the only way I am good with this is if he NEVER comes back. If the rat ba****d is just doing this to try to get out of coming back and playing one more year here the screw him, may he freeze his commie butt off over there and be the king of the wanna be's

Old
10-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Nitrous Mafia

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
Who?
This.

He should never be allowed to play in the NHL ever again unless he comes back at some point and finishes up the contract he has with us.

Also, I guess I missed this, but they (KHL) is saying they signed the contact before the NHL/KHL made their new agreement? NHL should call nans on that if this is just coming to light now.

Old
02-20-2011, 05:37 PM
Snipeshow

I guess nothing new has come out about this?

Old
02-20-2011, 11:06 PM
predfan24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snipeshow View Post
I guess nothing new has come out about this?
In short,no.

Closed Thread