HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

10-21-10: Penguins @ Preds - "The Distance"

Old
10-22-2010, 08:10 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by predfan24 View Post
Boullion had about 3 good chances to take the puck away from Malkin on that third goal. Malkin just wouldn't let him. That's just one of the best players in the world at his best. If any game can show that a few top end players can single handily win a game it's this one. We were pretty much beat by 3 players tonight. Crosby, Malkin, Letang.
That's why you don't fish for the puck, you play the body. Malkin had his head down fishing in his skates you don't get and easier check than that...

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:25 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
Our inability to convert breakaways kills us.
Absolutely. I counted 4-5 breakaways which could have been goals but ended up being shots right to the chest. Most of the shots were from too close to the goalie.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:49 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Absolutely. I counted 4-5 breakaways which could have been goals but ended up being shots right to the chest. Most of the shots were from too close to the goalie.
Sullivan was PISSED after missing his breakaway. Dumont was ambivalent after attempting to stuff the puck through the five-hole. Dude gets and misses more breakaways than anyone I can ever remember.

Surprisingly, the two guys that seem pretty money on breakaways are Smithson and Ward. Fiddler as well with "the move," back when he was around.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

The problem I see is the balance between patience and taking the shot. There is the skate up and trying to push the puck through the 5 hole. Then there is the classic quick shot to the chest. There was one breakaway that wasn't with Ward and the two skaters defending him.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:54 AM
InRinneWeTrust

The Tennessean Strikes Again

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...51/2079/SPORTS

Someone from Preds Media Relations should be beating down the doors at Tennessean to pull this article down. Who in their right minds would think we'd actually do a positive chant for any opponent?

InRinneWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:57 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I also think Pekka was a little "off." He seemed to be fighting the puck and giving up uncharacteristic rebounds throughout the night. The first Crosby goal should have been stopped...Pekka leaving too much space on the short side again. Always been his Achilles Heel.

Old
10-22-2010, 10:16 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by InRinneWeTrust View Post

Someone from Preds Media Relations should be beating down the doors at Tennessean to pull this article down. Who in their right minds would think we'd actually do a positive chant for any opponent?
don't be so thin skinned.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:22 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
don't be so thin skinned.
While it's not something I'd expect someone to be beating down the doors over, I do think it's crap.

There were a lot of Pens fans there... or Preds fans that have massive hard ons for Crosby the boy wonder... or both, which is what I thought, but nobody was chanting "we want Crosby" and they should have known that. It would make sense if a Pens beat writer had made the mistake but it's our own team, though I suppose the Preds aren't the Tennesseans team either so whatever.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:31 AM
token grinder

Quote:

i think you misread that. the we want crosby wasn't a chant of adoration i would think, but rather a chant of give us your best so we can send him packing....

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:34 AM
PredsChik

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
i think you misread that. the we want crosby wasn't a chant of adoration i would think, but rather a chant of give us your best so we can send him packing....
Did the crowd really chant that though? I mean, I was there, I was tired and out of it but I was there and figured I'd realize if that was being yelled. If so, ignore my previous post, I guess.

PredsChik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:39 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

no one chanted we want crosby. mullen, the reluctant backup preds beat, misheard the frosty chant.

Old
10-22-2010, 11:09 AM
jstreet

vCash: 50
I dont understand the Klein love. I think he is equally over and under hyped. However, my appreciation of him did take a step up when I saw the fire in his eyes when he went at Malkin. Of course Malkin can throw big hits but then doesnt want any part of Klein

It sucks to blow the lead 3 times in a single game and lose.

On the bright side we are the only team in the NHL without a regulation loss.

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:10 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
That's a really bad mistake to make. The chant was clearly "We want Frosty's" in reference to the Wendy's promotion when the Predators score four goals. The score was 3-2 Preds at that point.

Not intentional, but there should be some heat for that one. While we'd love to have a "Crosby", I've never heard our crowd chant anything like that. It'd be a slight to our team. We support our Predators!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Jer Flip

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLake View Post
That's a really bad mistake to make. The chant was clearly "We want Frosty's" in reference to the Wendy's promotion when the Predators score four goals. The score was 3-2 Preds at that point.

Not intentional, but there should be some heat for that one. While we'd love to have a "Crosby", I've never heard our crowd chant anything like that. It'd be a slight to our team. We support our Predators!
Pens fan here. I thought they were chanting something Crosby-related but couldn't decipher it. My buddy and I assumed it was some variation of "Crosby sucks".

Guess we weren't the only ones.

Jer Flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Milly79

They started chanting "Crosby is a sissy" in 333, but it didn't catch on. I didn't hear anything else.

Milly79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer Flip View Post
Pens fan here. I thought they were chanting something Crosby-related but couldn't decipher it. My buddy and I assumed it was some variation of "Crosby sucks".

Guess we weren't the only ones.
It's one thing not getting it as a visiting teams fan following the game on television. It's another for the TWO home team beat writers that cover the team for what sadly is the biggest paper in town to not understand it and then mis-report the whole thing...

Old
10-22-2010, 12:08 PM
Adz

Well, I think the comments on the TN site more than explain the chant. Now to see whether he re-writes the article with that knowledge.

Really. I mean, we clearly said he sucked when the lineup was announced.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:20 PM
Seth Lake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adz View Post
Well, I think the comments on the TN site more than explain the chant. Now to see whether he re-writes the article with that knowledge.

Really. I mean, we clearly said he sucked when the lineup was announced.
It's already in print. There is no way to correct it...

Old
10-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Adz

Quote:
It's already in print. There is no way to correct it...
They can't erase the printed version but they can admit their mistake both online today and in print tomorrow.

It's not a really big deal in the grand scheme of things but no one would have made the mistake of thinking that Titans fans were yelling "We want Vick" if they were chanting "We want six". These reporters have been pretty good over all. If they'd thought about it, they'd have realized that it was the Frosty chant and made the article about Sid thinking we were yelling we want Crosby but the joke was on him.

Adz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:59 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
That was really dumb. I was so mad.
Glad I'm not alone it that. We have a delayed call of the pens, they touch the puck and we have a PP. Just let them touch it! Instead he man handles the dude and their it goes!!! Just bone-headed!!!

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
WalkmanX

Yet another game we SHOULD have won...

Losing 3 straight in OT, one word frustrating. 3points? yay? not really...

Firstly Erat had an awful game in my eyes, he needs to pick up his game.

The PP is god awful, it's getting worse and worse, yes we score a lucky goal from the blueline occasionally, but i mean enough is enough, who ever is the PP coach needs to get fired, he has had enough time, we need new winds blowing...

The PK is so and so, looks good at some times, and it looks sometimes our guys are just clueless out there...

As for Klein, i have to say I'm not the biggest fan of his, but ill give credit where it's due and he had a good game in my eyes, so good job Kevin Klein.

Oh and another thing, why can't we never score on the dam breakaway's and it seems it happens when we lead by 1 goal, it's like our guys want to play with our nerves and don't want to lead with more than 1...

Rinne Didn't look good tonight, but he is the sort of guy that bounces back hard after a tough night, so Dallas watch out.

Sorry if i may sound a bit negative, it's what 3 OT losses in a row does to a guy...

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
token grinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsChik20 View Post
Did the crowd really chant that though? I mean, I was there, I was tired and out of it but I was there and figured I'd realize if that was being yelled. If so, ignore my previous post, I guess.
let me clarify me first response. I did not hear a we want crosby chant. if the morons heard that instead of we want frosties, maybe they can go write for a high school paper--as in the Tennessee School for the Blind, that way no one has to see that drivel.

I assumed these retards heard a few fans we want crosby, we want crosby and ran with it.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:44 PM
WartracePred

Let me be just one more Preds fan that is flabbergasted by the "we want Crosby" lunacy. The Tennessean should just go across the river and cover VY's torn fingernail. Stay the hell out of the Bridge! Jesus.

WartracePred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:27 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:

i didnt see the bad in the article.

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:31 PM
kivaerijo

Quote:

well, if that is the case and it was misheard that way, than ya, thats rediculous. you should have to show up to a few pred games in order to write about it imo. how do they not know about frostys?

kivaerijo is offline   Reply With Quote