HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#5 - 10.21.2010 | New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-22-2010, 08:27 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

vCash: 500
Anisimov took the body, I was totally shocked when I saw him throw a body check !

sign me up I am now officially an AA fan boy

keep throwing the body

skate with your head up

be aware of who you are on the ice against

and keep ripping that wrist shot and he could pot 30 this year !

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Balej20*

Stepan and Anisimov actually look like legit home grown offensive threats. It has been a while since the Rangers can claim that.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:46 AM
rangersfan111

i was at the game last night ... i could not believe how great sauer played... the guy is a stud deffensively.. tortorella cannot take him out of the lineup until he plays himself off the team... the team that was put out last night was 21 million under the cap (no drury, gaborik and lundqvist)... I liked what I saw last night from the entire team (especially sauer)

p.s. avery is the best

rangersfan111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:56 AM
ogie

Great all around effort by the Rangers. Defense was tight, blocking shots, stepping up at the blueline. Good forecheck and decent amount of offensive chances. Biron looked solid should've been a shutout, I am pretty sure the Leaf's goal was scored off a hand pass.

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:58 AM
Vitto79

ok so are they finally going to keep Sauer in the freaking lineup full time or what

Leave Eminger on the freaking bench and just play Gilroy until McD or Valentenko are ready or until they find a suitable lefty Dman

I have to say the doom and gloom with injuries blow but they seem to have 3 set lines going forward. Hang on until Gabby is ready

Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan.........looking good , looking good
Avery, Stepan, Fedotenko............gotta like the chemistry
Boogaard, Boyle, Prust............Prust did a good job last night but he is best served here

Now the 1st line. We all know we need a #1 C but reality is they have to fill the spot with whoever until they get to Free Agency or the deadline.......Richards or Parise top choices of course

So Frolov and Gabby C by either Christensen or Drury..............White is a filler and should be sent down to save space at some point. Its going to happen just depends on when

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

I don't know about 60-70 for Artem, but the kid made the one step I thought he'd have to take to become a real player in this league; his skating.

Its almost like watching a different player this year. I think if, at age 22 he can step up and get 20 goals 50 points it would be great. Won't make re-signing him cheap, though.

That entire line of Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan need to be given long term deals this offseason.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:03 AM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
That entire line of Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan need to be given long term deals this offseason.
Yes. Yes. A thousand times yes.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:08 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
I don't know about 60-70 for Artem, but the kid made the one step I thought he'd have to take to become a real player in this league; his skating.

Its almost like watching a different player this year. I think if, at age 22 he can step up and get 20 goals 50 points it would be great. Won't make re-signing him cheap, though.

this. absolutely. 4 more years for all.

EDIT: at least.

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:14 AM
Sockosensei

I just rewatched the game from the TSN feed and the announcers were absolutely raving about how impressive the Dubinsky-Anisimov-Callahan line was, shift after shift, and also about how far Anisimov and Del Zotto had progressed individually.

It's great to see these guys get some well-deserved recognition from non-Rangers fans, and it reassures me that we're all not just lying to ourselves--they really have come a long way.

Sockosensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:31 AM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSantos View Post
Yeah. I like to see the manifestation of responsibility that Staal showed with that A on his sweater.

Stepan may hit a wall playing at this speed on this schedule. I wouldn't be surprised.

Then again he's super young. At that age your body is kinda made of rubber.
Stepan, without a doubt, needs to work on his skating in the off-season. If he can improve in that area, he'll be racking up assists like a mad-man. When he had that semi-breakaway that led to Fedotenko's goal...the defenders caught up to him fairly easy. If Stepan had a quicker first step, he should have been able to turn that into a full breakaway for a prime SOG. However,his effort on that play has to be applauded.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:33 AM
94now

Toronto came in flat and we took advantage of it peppering them with SOGs. The final difference in shots came from blocked ones. Girardi, MDZ and Stall blocked like 15 shots total or so. Regardless, I doubt Lundqvist could hold up the way Biron did.

94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:40 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
Anisimov took the body, I was totally shocked when I saw him throw a body check !

sign me up I am now officially an AA fan boy

keep throwing the body

skate with your head up

be aware of who you are on the ice against

and keep ripping that wrist shot and he could pot 30 this year !
He's been doing it all season and did so at the end of last year as well.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:41 AM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
Toronto came in flat and we took advantage of it peppering them with SOGs. The final difference in shots came from blocked ones. Girardi, MDZ and Stall blocked like 15 shots total or so. Regardless, I doubt Lundqvist could hold up the way Biron did.
Right. Because Biron is clearly the better goalie. Every time you open your mouth about Lundqvist it's hard to take you seriously.

ECL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:47 AM
skroob**

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Stepan, without a doubt, needs to work on his skating in the off-season. If he can improve in that area, he'll be racking up assists like a mad-man. When he had that semi-breakaway that led to Fedotenko's goal...the defenders caught up to him fairly easy. If Stepan had a quicker first step, he should have been able to turn that into a full breakaway for a prime SOG. However,his effort on that play has to be applauded.
While i agree some added foot speed would help, on that play, he had to reach behind him to get the puck in control. His body was off balance at that moment to really push off going forward.

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:50 AM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:

I agree. I think he needed to make one step, not just to become a real player, but to step up while Gaborik's injuried. Him and Dubi are the guys, along with Cally.

How 'bout that homegrown talent clicking. I'm not saying they're superstars or they're extremely dominant, I'm just saying when was the last time we seen three players that came through our system play together and just be an extreme bright spot for the team. I love it.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Right. Because Biron is clearly the better goalie. Every time you open your mouth about Lundqvist it's hard to take you seriously.
This.

I find it ridiculous that you even compare Biron to Lunqvist let alone saying that Lundqvist cant hold up as well as biron?

Are you insane?....the team actually played fairly well in front of him last night....thats a lot more than can be said for the previous games when henrik was in net

even fans who hate us admit he is one of the top 5 goalies in the league

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:17 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Lindqvist is a cold fish. I wanna zap him.
Johnson is a better goalie.

Old
10-22-2010, 10:23 AM
alkurtz

Games like this is why it is so maddening to be a NYR fan.

The team was obviously as upset and disheartened as most of us were after the first four games and collectively were determined to have a strong game.

They played with intensity, commitment, and passion; just as they have so many times over the years after a stretch of poorly played games.

The game was a template of how they need to play, but the question remains whether this was a one time thing, the beginning of a short stretch of passionate play before reverting to form, or the beginning of a long term change in attitude. We all know what it is like to play against teams that work hard every night no matter what the circumstances. The Rangers have not been such a team and, having been a NYR fan for decades, remain scepticle that they will become such a team until shown otherwise.

Also, over the last few years the team has often seemed to play better without Henrik in net; knowing that he isn't there to cover up their mistakes seems to make them play harder. Will they show the same battle level with Henrik in net?

In baseball they say that momentum is only as good as the next game's starting pitcher. For the Rangers I would say momentum is only as good as the next game's intensity level. Which Ranger team will we see against the Bruins and the Devs?

alkurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:25 AM
CH2

Boy did the officials screw things up last night. I hate the new NHL where if there's stick play or any type of contact, it's a penalty on a defensive player.

CH2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:25 AM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckface Avery View Post
This.

I find it ridiculous that you even compare Biron to Lunqvist let alone saying that Lundqvist cant hold up as well as biron?

Are you insane?....the team actually played fairly well in front of him last night....thats a lot more than can be said for the previous games when henrik was in net

even fans who hate us admit he is one of the top 5 goalies in the league
He used to be top 5. He is in 3rd dozen at this time. Biron may not be better goalie, but he is hot while Hank is cold. Following your logic if team plays well we will get a W every time. It is false. Team did play well, yet with Hank is net we would get a point at best.

Old
10-22-2010, 10:36 AM
nyrleetch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He used to be top 5. He is in 3rd dozen at this time. Biron may not be better goalie, but he is hot while Hank is cold. Following your logic if team plays well we will get a W every time. It is false. Team did play well, yet with Hank is net we would get a point at best.

One game is hot? How can you compare the two goalies?

nyrleetch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:44 AM
Loffen
Cup mode: ON

Boom goes the dynamite.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:46 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Gilroy looks like he is gonna start to cry.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:49 AM
FultonReed
ew, you did what?

Quote:
Gilroy looks like he is gonna start to cry.

and Sauer looks absolutely marvelled

FultonReed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:57 AM
NYRangers09

Quote:
Originally Posted by FultonReed View Post

and Sauer looks absolutely marvelled
And Staal looks like he wants to get in and kick some ass too

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote