HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#5 - 10.21.2010 | New York Rangers @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-22-2010, 12:29 PM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post

Boom goes the dynamite.
Really cool photo.. Thanks for the post...

You gotta love the facial expressions with the players on the bench... So cool

Also.. Looks like Boogy had his eyes closed!

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
He used to be top 5. He is in 3rd dozen at this time. Biron may not be better goalie, but he is hot while Hank is cold. Following your logic if team plays well we will get a W every time. It is false. Team did play well, yet with Hank is net we would get a point at best.
sheer ignorance on your part and i am not going to argue over something that we clearly see a difference in

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:58 PM
jniklast

Quote:
He used to be top 5. He is in 3rd dozen at this time. Biron may not be better goalie, but he is hot while Hank is cold. Following your logic if team plays well we will get a W every time. It is false. Team did play well, yet with Hank is net we would get a point at best.
Biron is hot by the same logic that you used to predict that Chad Johnson will surpass Lundqvist someday.

Oh and I'm very curious to hear two dozens of better goalies than Lundqvist.

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:03 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
Oh and I'm very curious to hear two dozens of better goalies than Lundqvist.
Brodeur gets the nod because of his huge success in the past. And because of his current huge size, Brodeur counts as 22 goalies.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:04 PM
BKRangerFan

Quote:

OKay, i will entertain this twisted logic of yours for a minute... when did he stop being top 5? and which marvelous goalies bumped him out of that category? Hank since coming into the NHL has been one of the best goalies every season. He never had an amazing team playing in front of him but carried the team to the playoffs almost every season.

Biron is good no doubt, and is going to complement Hank lovely this season but the mere notion that Biron is anywhere close to giving the team a better chance to win than Hank on any given night is just plain stupid.

BKRangerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
NYRfan68 -

You reminded me of something i wanted to comment on during the game but i forgot -

Biron's ability to play the puck helps out the D and forwards so much. Hes not even like a Brodeur, Smith or DiPietro either, he just knows how to cut off a ring around, is confident with keeping it moving and isnt afraid to make a pass out of the zone. Lundqvist is below average in this regard. He can play the puck if its in front of him, but where he lacks is behind the net and thats the most important area for a goalie playing the puck - hes horrendous at it.

I can guarantee you that if Lundqvist was as good as Biron playing the puck behind the net we would see less time in the zone and less running around from the defenseman. Im not saying its completely his fault... please lets not over exaggerate it - but several times during the game, its a circus back there trying to get the puck from Hank, whether he waits too long, throws it in the wrong direction, leaves it for no one, or throws it right to the opposition. He does this A LOT. I've always said Henrik would be superman in net if he could get this part of his game together because the puck would exit the zone a lot more easier than it has. Thing is, he knows he's bad at it and a quarter of the time he doesn't even bother to go back there to stop the progress of a dump in or ring around. Teams know this. Seeing Biron play the puck with ease was a breath of fresh air.

It surprising how one little dynamic of the game can change the course of momentum and I think that plays a bigger role than people think. Hell, the NHL made a rule restricting goalies from doing it more. Henrik should work with Biron on this.
excellent post, totally agree.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:36 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
excellent post, totally agree.
awesome post by HBNYC.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:51 PM
Net Front Presence
Harvester of Sorrow

vCash: 700
We are now 0-2-1 when I watch the game live on TV, and 2-0 when I watch the DVR recording.

Net Front Presence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:00 PM
94now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchik View Post
OKay, i will entertain this twisted logic of yours for a minute... when did he stop being top 5? and which marvelous goalies bumped him out of that category? Hank since coming into the NHL has been one of the best goalies every season. He never had an amazing team playing in front of him but carried the team to the playoffs almost every season.
Look at his stats and do not bring "support in front", cause it is a flawed argument. It might effect the numbers, but not to the extent. When did he... who is better.. Look, I am seek and tired to argue the same point every season your beloved Henrik stains the bed. He has to have one or two months off. Last year it was Nov.- Dec. This year it it is October. You want to declare him New-coming-of-Christ it is fine with me. I just want him on the bench. I am not his fan (or any goalie or player), I am a Ranger fan. Change all players with PHI tomorrow and will root for Carter as soon as he's wearing blue..

Last edited by 94now: 10-22-2010 at 03:32 PM.
94now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:39 PM
Blue Line Monster

Quote:
Look at his stats and do not bring "support in front", cause it is a flawed argument. It might effect the numbers, but not to the extent. When did he... who is better.. Look, I am seek and tired to argue the same point every season your beloved Henrik the bed. He has to have one or two months off. Last year it was Nov.- Dec. This year it it is October. You want to declare him New-coming-of-Christ it is fine with me. I just want him on the bench. I am not his fan (or any goalie or player), I am a Ranger fan. Change all players with PHI tomorrow and will root for Carter as soon as he's wearing blue..
I think we found the problem here. Please, try watching the games. Henrik hasn't been the problem. The defense was terrible in the games he's played; they played well yesterday.

But I guess he's no Prince Chad.

Blue Line Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:23 PM
ogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Outlaw Torn View Post
We are now 0-2-1 when I watch the game live on TV, and 2-0 when I watch the DVR recording.
you better be dvr'ing the whole season...or else!!

ogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:42 PM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

Finished w/ the tape. Totally love the effort, defensive plays, shot blocking. AA brought his A game (what a pun ). Biron had some pretty good saves, he's gonna be the much needed back up if he can keep up with this performance.
I HATED the waste of good opportunities....Jesus you don't alway have to wear #10 to score
Some stupid penalties (Avery....) would've hurt us against better teams.
Oh yeah, and Boogey vs. Orr....well....meeh.

Shocker of the game: "Oh my God WTF does Redden do on the bench.....oh, it's Gilroy...d'oh

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:04 AM
BKRangerFan

Quote:
Look at his stats and do not bring "support in front", cause it is a flawed argument. It might effect the numbers, but not to the extent. When did he... who is better.. Look, I am seek and tired to argue the same point every season your beloved Henrik stains the bed. He has to have one or two months off. Last year it was Nov.- Dec. This year it it is October. You want to declare him New-coming-of-Christ it is fine with me. I just want him on the bench. I am not his fan (or any goalie or player), I am a Ranger fan. Change all players with PHI tomorrow and will root for Carter as soon as he's wearing blue..
ITS OCTOBER! Nobody is declaring him the new coming of christ, but has he earned his nickname and praise- YES. No fan will give up on their franchise goalie after a couple bad games. There are 82 games in a season and lunquist will give them a chance to win in every game he starts, better than any goalie on our roster, and better than most in the league.

we played a couple games with putrid defense. Did he let in a few soft goals sure but you cant say that we lost a single game because of him. Bad penalties, slow defense, and emminger account for a some of the goals against no?

BKRangerFan is offline   Reply With Quote