HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Torres

Closed Thread

Old
10-05-2003, 11:58 AM
oilerdynasty

vCash: 500
Torres

Not much Don Cherry wouldn't like about this kid. Tough, throws the weight around hard, and will drop 'em willingly. That'll be another much need scrapper to the lineup, some middleweight light heavyweight muscle to go with the gals that won't fight Laraque.

How are his hands though? A top pick should have some touch around the twine. He did have some good numbers in the 'A' last year.

Torres along with Pisani and Stoll could add some much needed 3rd and 4th line scoring.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:02 PM
Cerebral

In my opinion, the jury is still out on how good Torres' hands are/will be.. from the pre-season action I've seen, it looks like he's a bit better than Moreau in terms of finding the net but not by much. I'm hoping he'll start the season off with a bang on Thursday and gain some confidence.. I'll be very happy if Torres can score 10+ goals this season and knock the opposition around night in and night out.

Old
10-05-2003, 12:17 PM
mamettt

I was thrilled, despite the shock of losing Janne, when we got Torres. He is everything a hockey player should be. He is physical, mean, nasty, but skilled. He fits the mold of my favorite player, bobby holik, and I expect him to have that similar, bulldog repuation around the league. Nobody likes him, but everbody respects him. Torres, just like Brendan Morrow, Bobby Holik, and Mike Peca, is a guy who isn't going to lead the league in points or win the richard, but will, because of all the tangible and intangible things he brings, be the most valuable player you have. He's just one of those guys who you don't want to see on the other team's bench. I think he'll score 30 goals in this league, eventually, and in all honestly, I think the skies the limit for the things he can bring to this hockey club.

Old
10-05-2003, 01:45 PM
TheBrew

vCash: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerebral
In my opinion, the jury is still out on how good Torres' hands are/will be.. from the pre-season action I've seen, it looks like he's a bit better than Moreau in terms of finding the net but not by much. I'm hoping he'll start the season off with a bang on Thursday and gain some confidence.. I'll be very happy if Torres can score 10+ goals this season and knock the opposition around night in and night out.
IMO i think think Torres-Horcoff-Larauqe could be a very good line Torres Larauqe cycle it down low then feed out to Horcoff and bam you got a goal But Torres could very well have a Chimera type year this coming season.

Closed Thread