HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger reporting that Bieksa will be traded / Montreal scouting for D

Old
10-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

vCash: 500
[QUOTE=gamblor506;28468837]Vancouver

Bieksa
Alberts
Torres

for

Montreal

Hamrlik
Maxwell
O'Byrne

(Add a pick to where you think it might be needed if any.)QUOTE]

Torres was just signed in UFA, Alberts has actually been looking very good. Trading Torres now would make us look terrible for UFA's - somethign that Gillis is desperately trying to change and to make us look like a great place to be

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:35 PM
BigHabs

[QUOTE=Winroba;28469004]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamblor506 View Post
Vancouver

Bieksa
Alberts
Torres

for

Montreal

Hamrlik
Maxwell
O'Byrne

(Add a pick to where you think it might be needed if any.)QUOTE]

Torres was just signed in UFA, Alberts has actually been looking very good. Trading Torres now would make us look terrible for UFA's - somethign that Gillis is desperately trying to change and to make us look like a great place to be
How about:

Bieksa
Alberts
Oreskovich

for

Hamrlik
Maxwell
O'Byrne

Last edited by BigHabs: 10-22-2010 at 01:51 PM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:37 PM
Dwight
The French Tickler

I can't see Vancouver taking Hamrlik if they're trying to dump salary. The Habs will just have to ride out the last year of his contract and let him go after that...or re-sign him at a fraction of that.

Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chigurh View Post
I can't see Vancouver taking Hamrlik if they're trying to dump salary. The Habs will just have to ride out the last year of his contract and let him go after that...or re-sign him at a fraction of that.
No way the Habs sign him,they better not.He will be gone in a few months IMO and I agree that it makes absolutely no sense for Vancouver to acquire him since he's making a lot more then Bieksa

Habs 4 Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:49 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chomsky View Post
Eww, I hope not, Bieksa is amazingly inconsistent and most of the time god awful.
Like the rest of us. Fits right in.

Ollie Williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:08 PM
MathMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHamps View Post
Mathman, Funny that you argue the coach and his system is to blame for our poor transition, but don't think he can be blamed for playing Pyatt in the top 6 over Pouliot/Eller (hell even Boyd has proven he can score some goals).
Don't get me wrong, I think playing Pyatt in the top-6 is idiotic. Pouliot and Eller are both preferable choices, heck, even Moen is. That doesn't mean they're top-6 caliber forwards in general (yet), but heck, any of them is better than Pyatt. Pyatt is the possibly the last last forward on the team who should be there (and if it's not Pyatt it's Darche).

MathMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:09 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No way the Habs sign him,they better not.He will be gone in a few months IMO and I agree that it makes absolutely no sense for Vancouver to acquire him since he's making a lot more then Bieksa
^ this

We need to make room for Salo as well, who should be coming back soon

Oreskovich is a big hitter and an energy guy, it wouldn't surprise me to see him work his way into the lineup and I'm not sure Gillis is ready to move him yet. If he was involved in a great deal then yeah sure but I think he got him from Florida for a reason.

Florida asked for Grabner
Canucks said sure, but for Ballard
Florida said sure, if we added Bernier
Canucks said okay but they had to add Oreskovich
Florida confirmed with the addition of our first round pick

Gillis is smart, he looks for players for specific reasons, Oreskovich is one of those guys.

As for Alberts, as I already said, he's been one of our better guys this season. Rome or Parent is more likely to be moved. Probably Parent as he'd be our #7 and makes $250,000 more than Rome and they're both... similarly valued players.

Old
10-22-2010, 02:15 PM
swimmer77
What's an ROW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
^ this

We need to make room for Salo as well, who should be coming back soon

Oreskovich is a big hitter and an energy guy, it wouldn't surprise me to see him work his way into the lineup and I'm not sure Gillis is ready to move him yet. If he was involved in a great deal then yeah sure but I think he got him from Florida for a reason.

Florida asked for Grabner
Canucks said sure, but for Ballard
Florida said sure, if we added Bernier
Canucks said okay but they had to add Oreskovich
Florida confirmed with the addition of our first round pick

Gillis is smart, he looks for players for specific reasons, Oreskovich is one of those guys.

As for Alberts, as I already said, he's been one of our better guys this season. Rome or Parent is more likely to be moved. Probably Parent as he'd be our #7 and makes $250,000 more than Rome and they're both... similarly valued players.
Just askin'...................

Would Vancouver trade Bieksa to Montreal for O'Byrne? It's somewhat a salary dump for you and I'm only suggesting under the premise that the Habs have another team to trade one of Spacek, Gill or Hamrlik to - not Vancouver. Those three are all lefties and veterans. O'Byrne has fallen out of favor but is young, decent and from BC.

swimmer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Gauthier better not do anything stupid,Bieksa isn't that bad of a player but I know the Canucks wanted Tinordi at the draft,he better not get screwed in this deal
There's no way Gauthier gives Tinordi away for Bieksa who's set to become UFA at the end of the year. I can see a Bieksa vs Spacek deal salary wise, other than that, I don't know why Vancouver would be interested in Spacek.
If Tinordi is involved, then we better get Hodgson or Schroeder in return.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer77 View Post
Just askin'...................

Would Vancouver trade Bieksa to Montreal for O'Byrne? It's somewhat a salary dump for you and I'm only suggesting under the premise that the Habs have another team to trade one of Spacek, Gill or Hamrlik to - not Vancouver. Those three are all lefties and veterans. O'Byrne has fallen out of favor but is young, decent and from BC.
Getting O'byrne for Bieksa Vancouver would probably jump on that one. I'm just not sure the Habs would unless they have a way to easily dump 3 mil and not really hurt the team(If a team with room was willing to take Spacek, but he has a NTC)

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
There's no way Gauthier gives Tinordi away for Bieksa who's set to become UFA at the end of the year. I can see a Bieksa vs Spacek deal salary wise, other than that, I don't know why Vancouver would be interested in Spacek.
I'm sure Vancouver would let him go cheap, they had to take salary just so somebody took O'brien...Bieksa is better but has a bigger cap hit. Not many teams with cap room or willing to add payroll.

Trading Tinordi(after trading up to get him) would be moronic IMHO, unless we were getting a Hodgson or another top 50 prospect back.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:44 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
For sure that's why I'm saying trading Tinordi would be retarded from Gauthier.

Also is it Hodgson that has had injury problems in the last couple of years?

Old
10-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh if that's how it came off, I don'tk now much about O'Byrne so I can't make much of a comment on that.

As for the other stuff, Canucks really wanted Tinordi but would not move Hodgson for him. Schroeder is a possibility but he's been ripping it up on the Moose so I'm not sure if I see that happening.

Could the Canadiens have traded up to get Tinordi to trade for Bieksa? It's possible, a little out there but it's a possibility. Bieksa and his agent have already stated that if he were to be moved, he'd sign an extension.

We took back salary in the O'Brien deal but we moved O'Brien, saved $600,000 in cap space and the owners bury in the minors so it's not a big deal. We just don't like to be the ones to do the burying, if someone else waives them, we'll take them on, but we don't like doing the waiving.

Old
10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Sorry, I didn't mean to sound harsh if that's how it came off, I don'tk now much about O'Byrne so I can't make much of a comment on that.

As for the other stuff, Canucks really wanted Tinordi but would not move Hodgson for him. Schroeder is a possibility but he's been ripping it up on the Moose so I'm not sure if I see that happening.

Could the Canadiens have traded up to get Tinordi to trade for Bieksa? It's possible, a little out there but it's a possibility. Bieksa and his agent have already stated that if he were to be moved, he'd sign an extension.

We took back salary in the O'Brien deal but we moved O'Brien, saved $600,000 in cap space and the owners bury in the minors so it's not a big deal. We just don't like to be the ones to do the burying, if someone else waives them, we'll take them on, but we don't like doing the waiving.
If that happens,Gauthier should be fired on the spot!

Old
10-22-2010, 02:49 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
For sure that's why I'm saying trading Tinordi would be retarded from Gauthier.

Also is it Hodgson that has had injury problems in the last couple of years?
Yeah Hodgson is like a glass doll.

And as for the O'Byrne for Bieksa deal, skill wise imo Bieksa is miles ahead of O'Byrne, not even close. However all these reports of him being lazy, stupid penalties, etc... has me very worried. I don't want Spacek 2.0 on our team. We need the Bieksa from 2-3 years ago. I'm not sure if we can actually get that kind of a player the more I think about it, for just O'Byrne.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:50 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

I can't see this deal happening unless we send one of Hamrlik or Spacek the other way, or one of them down to Hamilton (my hope would lay on Spacek).

I'd be up for giving Bieska a shot, he is an alright defenseman who can put up better numbers then anyone on our D core right now not named Markov. Subban may put up better numbers once the PP gets going, we'll see.

I don't want to give up any big assets to acquire him though.

Quote:
And as for the O'Byrne for Bieksa deal, skill wise imo Bieksa is miles ahead of O'Byrne, not even close. However all these reports of him being lazy, stupid penalties, etc... has me very worried. I don't want Spacek 2.0 on our team. We need the Bieksa from 2-3 years ago. I'm not sure if we can actually get that kind of a player the more I think about it, for just O'Byrne.
A new setting might benefit him greatly. At the same time, we look at what we currently have on D and I can't imagine Bieksa being worse then how Spacek is playing right now. Spacek is outright awful at the moment.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:53 PM
Joe Cole

He never says MTL is looking at Bieksa. He says MTL is looking for D, Chicago is a bad place to look, and the Canucks would want to move Bieksa.

To say MTL is looking at Bieksa from that clip is like saying 1 + 1 = 11

Joe Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:58 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post
He never says MTL is looking at Bieksa. He says MTL is looking for D, Chicago is a bad place to look, and the Canucks would want to move Bieksa.

We need to look at young veteran puck moving defensemen. Someone that can play Top four minutes going forward to compliment the liks of Markov, Subban and Gorges.

I was giddy with the thought we'd go after Paul Martin this summer and find a way to dump Hamrlik to make the signing possible. Our management has not been aggressive enough in recent years to acquire talent to fill it's weaknesses.

As much as I hate Brian Burke, he atleast swings for the fences and for the most part he's acquired pretty solid building blocks in the process. Not afraid to take a chance.

Old
10-22-2010, 02:59 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
I can't see this deal happening unless we send one of Hamrlik or Spacek the other way, or one of them down to Hamilton (my hope would lay on Spacek).

I'd be up for giving Bieska a shot, he is an alright defenseman who can put up better numbers then anyone on our D core right now not named Markov. Subban may put up better numbers once the PP gets going, we'll see.

I don't want to give up any big assets to acquire him though.

A new setting might benefit him greatly. At the same time, we look at what we currently have on D and I can't imagine Bieksa being worse then how Spacek is playing right now. Spacek is outright awful at the moment.
If we can get 40-50 points from Bieksa along with a meanstreak, I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if he took a few bonehead penalties. Imo Spacek is our Worst D. Hes horrendous and I think these last playoffs he gave the remaining gas he had in his tank. I don't think you'll see it again.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
If we can get 40-50 points from Bieksa along with a meanstreak, I'd do it in a heartbeat, even if he took a few bonehead penalties. Imo Spacek is our Worst D. Hes horrendous and I think these last playoffs he gave the remaining gas he had in his tank. I don't think you'll see it again.
I'm not sure we could get that many pts from Bieksa but right now getting him and getting rid of Spacek would mean at season end if we want to keep Bieksa we sign him and if we don't like him we let him walk and save almost 4 million on next years cap having gotten rid of Spacek

Old
10-22-2010, 03:02 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Agreed.

If we can get another defenseman capable of putting up those type of numbers, and get another who can play solid defense.. We'd have a fantastic core back there.

Spacek is finished, and Hamrlik is not very far behind. Even Gill has been more useful then both of them despite the fact he can barely skate.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:04 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Bieksa for a 3rd.

InglewoodJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:04 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Cole View Post

1+1 DOES equal 11 (in a certain way)

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:05 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:
I'm not sure we could get that many pts from Bieksa but right now getting him and getting rid of Spacek would mean at season end if we want to keep Bieksa we sign him and if we don't like him we let him walk and save almost 4 million on next years cap having gotten rid of Spacek
Why in god's name would anybody in their right mind take Spacek off our hands though? I wouldn't touch him with a 200 foot pole.

Old
10-22-2010, 03:06 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Ellerection View Post
Agreed.

If we can get another defenseman capable of putting up those type of numbers, and get another who can play solid defense.. We'd have a fantastic core back there.

Spacek is finished, and Hamrlik is not very far behind. Even Gill has been more useful then both of them despite the fact he can barely skate.
Lets not forget Bieksa is 29, Spacek and Hamr are in their mid-late 30s.

The odds of Bieksa puttiing up 30-50 points, compared to Spacek and Hamr are very good. Plus I have a hard time Believing Bieksa has no slapshot at all. I think it is more effective than a wornout Spacek's Slapshot.

Being 29 Bieksa is in his prime believe it or not, and he might actually fluorish over here getting PP, PK time, and being on a 4th pairing against a much more skilled Eastern Conference, rather than facing the grind against a tough gritty physical Western Conference.

Also didn't Bieksa have an A on his jersey at one point?