HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Dreger reporting that Bieksa will be traded / Montreal scouting for D

Old
10-22-2010, 05:50 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Take it for what its worth, but http://twitter.com/ajcthrashers whom is reliable when it comes to Thrasher info, reports Montreal Scouts at Thrasher game.

Maybe they are just scouting teams in general and this whole Bieksa stuff is misinterpreted.

JHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 05:51 PM
loudi94
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
The only way I can see Hodgson involved is if one of Kristo, a 1st, Subban, Tinordi or Markov was headed back their way.

I just can't see Hodgson as any part of a deal, and if people start throwing Hodgson in this trade becomes more of a Pipe Dream, and less of a "possible deal".
Funny you mention Tinordi. Wasn't that the guy Vancouver was "waiting for" during the draft?

loudi94 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

Quote:
Take it for what its worth, but http://twitter.com/ajcthrashers whom is reliable when it comes to Thrasher info, reports Montreal Scouts at Thrasher game.

Maybe they are just scouting teams in general and this whole Bieksa stuff is misinterpreted.
Scouts are scouts. That's what they do. I think we are reading too much into this.
I would just wait for Markov to come back before signing anyone or making a trade. Washington's PP is 3 for 17 since Mike Green's been out--even the best teams lose their mojo when they lose their QB. People say that Markov won't solve all our problems on the PP when he returns, and it's true, he'll be rusty and might not be amazing immediately. But what he will do is make the D's box shrink because he's unpredictable. Markov is one of the best D at making the backdoor pinch on the PP. Right now, the other teams 4-man box can be really big (meaning keeping all our shots to the outside) because we aren't forcing anything down-low. Once you make that box collapse, that's where huge openings begin to emerge. Markov's ability of confusing the D will make it harder for them to keep a proper box intact.

P.S. Markov is our best player. People seem to forget that sometimes, but it's true. Not having him in the line-up makes pretty much every facet of our game worse. Our defence is worse. 5-5 is worse. PK and PP worse. He's the ultimate difference maker on this team, and that's why i refuse to look for potential trades or signings to help our team out right now. I would if I knew Markov would be out until December, but that's not the case. His return will make every single player on the team look better. So I'm just going to reserve judgment on the team until he returns.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:11 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsead View Post
What it would be the best is clearing up Spacek salary to a team like Columbus or New York islanders that could use a dman against a average prospect or a low pick and then getting Bieksa for one of our prospect/average pick and then trying to get Clarkson from Jersey it would really help our team in the physical side of the game by adding more grit.
Montreal

Spacek - Fellow countrymen Martinek, good leadership.
Weber - Fellow countrymen Streit, good pairing.
5th round pick

for

New York Islanders

Gervais
Kohn

then....

Montreal

Carle
Maxwell

for

New Jersey

Clarkson

then.....

Montreal

O'Byrne
3rd round pick

for

Vancouver

Bieksa

then......

Cammalleri Plekanec Kostitsyn
Pouliot Gomez Gionta
Clarkson Eller Lapierre
Moen Halpern Boyd

Pyatt - waive Darche

Markov Bieksa
Hamrlik Subban
Gorges Gill

Picard, Gervais - Kohn Minors

Pierre is making the calls now.....

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!

vCash: 152

Le Tricolore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:14 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post
Scouts are scouts. That's what they do. I think we are reading too much into this.
I would just wait for Markov to come back before signing anyone or making a trade. Washington's PP is 3 for 17 since Mike Green's been out--even the best teams lose their mojo when they lose their QB. People say that Markov won't solve all our problems on the PP when he returns, and it's true, he'll be rusty and might not be amazing immediately. But what he will do is make the D's box shrink because he's unpredictable. Markov is one of the best D at making the backdoor pinch on the PP. Right now, the other teams 4-man box can be really big (meaning keeping all our shots to the outside) because we aren't forcing anything down-low. Once you make that box collapse, that's where huge openings begin to emerge. Markov's ability of confusing the D will make it harder for them to keep a proper box intact.

P.S. Markov is our best player. People seem to forget that sometimes, but it's true. Not having him in the line-up makes pretty much every facet of our game worse. Our defence is worse. 5-5 is worse. PK and PP worse. He's the ultimate difference maker on this team, and that's why i refuse to look for potential trades or signings to help our team out right now. I would if I knew Markov would be out until December, but that's not the case. His return will make every single player on the team look better. So I'm just going to reserve judgment on the team until he returns.

this post sure looks familiar

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:17 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre Jr View Post

http://hfboards.com/showpost.php?p=28473097&postcount=4 LOL copy paste for the lose man

Old
10-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Yeah Hodgson is like a glass doll.
Hodgson isn't like a glass doll, he had a back injury which was misdiagnosed, both the team doctor and his personal doctor missed the muscle tear.

He was also the first draft pick that Mike Gillis ever made. He's not moving unless the return is PHENOMENAL for something that will put us over the top to win the stanley cup RIGHT NOW

Quote:
Also didn't Bieksa have an A on his jersey at one point?
He's got one now. Supposedly he's great in the locker room. He's also great with the fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeelsLike93 View Post
The only thing I'm not digging right now is how happy the Canucks board is to get rid of Bieksa lol.. I'm just hoping we dont get the raw end of the deal in this one if it is in fact pulled off
He's just a scapegoat. He isn't nearly as bad as people there make him out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
If they can some how involve Cody Hodgson in the deal I would be very happy to trade for Bieksa.
Hodgson won't move, see above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loudi94 View Post
Funny you mention Tinordi. Wasn't that the guy Vancouver was "waiting for" during the draft?
Yeah we wanted Tinordi but as I said before, we're trading for pieces to put us over the top for this year, not for futures.

Canucks aren't just dumping Bieksa for anything, all it takes is one desperate team (see LA Kings + Mitchell, 2 years 3.5mil for a defenceman that hadn't been proven healthy)

In this case, I think that team is going to be Anaheim

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM
Lars Eller Superstar*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Tricolore View Post
HAHAHA

Lars Eller Superstar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:46 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
You all screaming in glee for Bieska will be in for a horrific surprise if this deal is done. He has been awful the last few years, worse more recently, yet never remotely as stellar as he once was. Him and Hamrlik would be a sight to see... and not in a good way.

Spacek for Bieska straight up would have my Canuck fan brethren doing back flips.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:02 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winroba View Post
Hodgson isn't like a glass doll, he had a back injury which was misdiagnosed, both the team doctor and his personal doctor missed the muscle tear.

He was also the first draft pick that Mike Gillis ever made. He's not moving unless the return is PHENOMENAL for something that will put us over the top to win the stanley cup RIGHT NOW

He's got one now. Supposedly he's great in the locker room. He's also great with the fans

He's just a scapegoat. He isn't nearly as bad as people there make him out to be.

Hodgson won't move, see above.

Yeah we wanted Tinordi but as I said before, we're trading for pieces to put us over the top for this year, not for futures.

Canucks aren't just dumping Bieksa for anything, all it takes is one desperate team (see LA Kings + Mitchell, 2 years 3.5mil for a defenceman that hadn't been proven healthy)

In this case, I think that team is going to be Anaheim
THANK YOU! Finally nice to hear something positive about Bieksa in this thread.

As for over the top, like I said Markov, Subban, Tinordi, Eller, 1sts, Kristo, etc.. those are pretty much off limits, but I think Weber and O'Byrne might do it. However as mentioned before You guys would have to take back Spacek or something, because we can't afford both.

Old
10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
THANK YOU! Finally nice to hear something positive about Bieksa in this thread.

As for over the top, like I said Markov, Subban, Tinordi, Eller, 1sts, Kristo, etc.. those are pretty much off limits, but I think Weber and O'Byrne might do it. However as mentioned before You guys would have to take back Spacek or something, because we can't afford both.
Hah it's no problem, I'm lucky enough to have season tickets so I get to go to a lot of press opportunities and things that are for season ticket holders only (we've got lots of stuff like that like open practices, meet the player events etc etc)

He's a great guy in person, he's got a sense of humor and knows how to talk to and deal with fans

As for the A, good ol' Captain Sedin said that he wanted Bieksa with an A specifically.

Hank with the C, Dan & Kes with the A's at home and Bieksa & Malholtra with the A's on the road (iirc)

Gillis doesn't like hiding players in the minors, they like finding other places in the NHL for them to play. He waived O'Brien & Hordichuk but instead of assigning them to the farm, he found teams to send them too for basicaly nothing coming back in return so that other players would look at Vancouver as a good place to go.

If the Canadiens were to waive Spacek, our owners would pay his salary in the minors but Gillis likes finding places for people to play.

We've clearly got connections with teams that have cap space like Florida and Nashville. Would you add to trade Spacek for Bieksa? Gillis can put players on other teams and he's got a way of working things out.

Old
10-22-2010, 07:22 PM
habfaninvictoria

The Nucks might want to move Bieksa for cap reasons and that alone, he's a valuable player but because of the cap hit that makes him expendable. I don't see that we're a good trading partner because we're up against the cap too. It only works if we can dump Hamrlik/Spacek and the nucks can't handle the cap hit. Trading our prospects away for a UFA makes no sense unless we're getting prospects in return and even if PG were stupid enough to trade prospects for Bieksa it doesn't work for our Cap hit.

Would I like him in our lineup.... sure.... is it feasible... not really.

Why are we scouting Vancouver? Who were they playing??

habfaninvictoria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:34 PM
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
The Nucks might want to move Bieksa for cap reasons and that alone, he's a valuable player but because of the cap hit that makes him expendable. I don't see that we're a good trading partner because we're up against the cap too. It only works if we can dump Hamrlik/Spacek and the nucks can't handle the cap hit. Trading our prospects away for a UFA makes no sense unless we're getting prospects in return and even if PG were stupid enough to trade prospects for Bieksa it doesn't work for our Cap hit.

Would I like him in our lineup.... sure.... is it feasible... not really.

Why are we scouting Vancouver? Who were they playing??
We were playing Chicago

The only dman that the Hawks would trade is Campbell and that's over 7mil

As for the UFA thing, he already said he wanted to sign an extension with whoever he's traded to, if he's traded

Old
10-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

With Markov back, I think our D is one of the best in the East (Spacek/Picard are interchangeable).

Markov - Picard/Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges

Looks good to me.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:43 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:

I think Gauthier is probably giving himself other options, not limiting himself with a trading partner and what he may have to give in a trade.

RE-HABS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:45 PM
TankEller*

Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
With Markov back, I think our D is one of the best in the East (Spacek/Picard are interchangeable).

Markov - Picard/Spacek
Hamrlik - Subban
Gill - Gorges

Looks good to me.
Picard should be nowhere near an NHL lineup with Markov back.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:52 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB View Post
Bieksa has been horrible, and you are right he will become the scapegoat, he is a lot worse than MAB, Traverse, Laflamme all combined toghether.
I don't think you know the rules. You're not allowed to use that word around here. It's spacegoat. I think a temporary ban is in order. Mods?

Last edited by Ginu: 10-22-2010 at 09:53 PM.
Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:56 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginu View Post
I don't think you know the rules. You're allowed to use that word around here. It's spacegoat. I think a temporary ban is in order. Mods?
This post needs editing. Let's play, "find the error"

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:08 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post

aside from Lols, what does everyone think it would take to get a guy like Marek Zidlicky or Ryan Suter to Montreal?

Old
10-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Ozymandias
#firetherrien

Quote:

aside from Lols, what does everyone think it would take to get a guy like Marek Zidlicky or Ryan Suter to Montreal?
Wanted the former when Hammer was still younger, but not anymore and the ladder would be hard to fetch.

Ozymandias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankEller View Post
Picard should be nowhere near an NHL lineup with Markov back.
Right, because Picard has been the problem.

Last I checked he was a +3, with a blocked shot per game. Watching the games, he's been solid as hell. And he's only getting better and better. Kid is still just 25 too.

Bad Natey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:51 PM
FlyingKostitsyn

vCash: 827
Quote:
Originally Posted by natey2k4 View Post
Right, because Picard has been the problem.

Last I checked he was a +3, with a blocked shot per game. Watching the games, he's been solid as hell. And he's only getting better and better. Kid is still just 25 too.
He reminds me very much of Brisebois

FlyingKostitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:54 PM
Ginu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
That's what happens when you work a 10 hour day

Ginu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:19 PM
SB164

Quote:
The only way I can see Hodgson involved is if one of Kristo, a 1st, Subban, Tinordi or Markov was headed back their way.

I just can't see Hodgson as any part of a deal, and if people start throwing Hodgson in this trade becomes more of a Pipe Dream, and less of a "possible deal".

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote