HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Spezza?

Old
10-23-2010, 12:55 AM
RiffyNYR61

vCash: 500
Spezza?

Now it needs not be said that Hockeybuzz is completely unreliable, but I think that one rumor he had today may actually have some support.

he wrote: "Just was contacted by a source "The NY Rangers are being very aggressive in terms of Spezza. There are some high level talks ongoing.""

while i would normally just shake my head, http://thefourthperiod.com, which is I think is a reliable, trustworthy source, says that Brian Murray is ready to pull the trigger on a deal.

Spezza is a first line center. When motivated, the guy is a monster. This kind of deal is the one I can see Sather making.

What do you think the chances are? Is he what we need?

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:03 AM
NYRangers09

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post
Now it needs not be said that Hockeybuzz is completely unreliable, but I think that one rumor he had today may actually have some support.

he wrote: "Just was contacted by a source "The NY Rangers are being very aggressive in terms of Spezza. There are some high level talks ongoing.""

while i would normally just shake my head, http://thefourthperiod.com, which is I think is a reliable, trustworthy source, says that Brian Murray is ready to pull the trigger on a deal.

Spezza is a first line center. When motivated, the guy is a monster. This kind of deal is the one I can see Sather making.

Anyone but Dubinsky, Anisimov, Callahan, and Stepan and it is an amazing deal in my opinion. Give em Grachev, Roszival, and a 1st and a second if you have to and we are completely set for the future.

NYRangers09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:03 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Chances are zero we get him, but he is what we need. I'd easily move one of Anisimov or Stepan for Spezza along with a lot of other parts.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Chances are zero we get him, but he is what we need. I'd easily move one of Anisimov or Stepan for Spezza along with a lot of other parts.
the dollars just dont work unless they are willing to take on Rozsival or we waive White.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:28 AM
RiffyNYR61

I could very easily see us waiving White to do this.

RiffyNYR61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:43 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Off limits: Stepan, Kreider, Dubinsky, Staal, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Callahan, Girardi.

Anyone after that fine.

Giving up the core of a team and the team's future that has been building nicely, for another single high priced player is typical old Rangers BS philosophy that they have been migrating away from.

Not a trade I'd like to see, at all. Step in the wrong direction. And not financially feasible at this point in time with 7mil Drury, 6+mil Lundqvist, 5+mil Rozsival, 7+mil Gaborik on the roster.

Besides that, trade for Spezza and kiss Anisimov, Del Zotto, Dubinsky, and other RFAs goodbye.

TEAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>high priced individuals acquired externally.

No no no. Stick to the plan. Continue BUILDING the team. This WILL be a VERY good team very soon. All it takes is PATIENCE and not deviating from the plan.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:44 AM
FromTheSide

Send a message via AIM to FromTheSide Send a message via MSN to FromTheSide
Roszival, white and 1st for spezza

FromTheSide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:46 AM
BlueShirts702

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Off limits: Stepan, Kreider, Dubinsky, Staal, Del Zotto, Anisimov, Callahan, Girardi.

Anyone after that fine.

Giving up the core of a team and the team's future that has been building nicely, for another single high priced player is typical old Rangers BS philosophy that they have been migrating away from.

Not a trade I'd like to see, at all. Step in the wrong direction. And not financially feasible at this point in time with 7mil Drury, 6+mil Lundqvist, 5+mil Rozsival, 7+mil Gaborik on the roster.

Besides that, trade for Spezza and kiss Anisimov, Del Zotto, Dubinsky, and other RFAs goodbye.

TEAM>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>high priced individuals acquired externally.

No no no. Stick to the plan. Continue BUILDING the team. This WILL be a VERY good team very soon. All it takes is PATIENCE and not deviating from the plan.
A big contract would be going the other way for sure. There's just no other way it works.

I'd love to have Spezza on the team, but I don't want to deal away guys like Stepan, Dubinsky, Callahan, Anisimov or Del Zotto to make it happen.

BlueShirts702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:49 AM
FOXHOUND*

High draft pick, top prospect, young roster player to start coming from us for a deal for Spezza. And some sort of salary dump as well I'm sure.
So just off the top of my head it would be something like:
1st 2011, Dubinsky, Grachev, Roszival for Spezza, (another player to even out salaries)

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:50 AM
XLJ

I rather go after Brad Richards in the offseason. Than giving up a couple of good young players for Spezza. If the rangers want to become a legitimate cup contender they need to add an impact player like Richards to the young group they have right now. Instead of trading them away.

They can look to trade Rozy in the summer to clear up the cap space for that. By next year hopefully some of the younger defensemen will step up and be able to take on the minutes Rozy plays.

XLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:56 AM
EvilCorporateLawyer
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to EvilCorporateLawyer
Quote:
Just ridiculous. Pretty much no one is off limits for Spezza.

EvilCorporateLawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:02 AM
ISensFanI

If I was GM it would have to be something like Gaborik, Anisimov and possibly more. (Don't think the Rangers would do it so I doubt this trade has any legitimacy). We are not a rebuilding team so we need talent coming back.

ISensFanI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:03 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Isn't Gaborik an impact player?

Gaborik+Lundqvist

+
Staal
Del Zotto
Dubinsky
Callahan
Stepan
Kreider
Anisimov
Girardi

We can not realistically add another contract until the Drury and Rozsival contracts run out, without losing a few of the players listed. And that would be unacceptable.

Richards is not needed. Niether is Spezza, Lecavalier, or any other ridiculously high priced player.

Old
10-23-2010, 02:04 AM
stempniaksen
Alright, I'm mad

vCash: 50
Not coming in here to be too much of a homer, but the sens have incredibly weak center depth as far as a guy that can come in and contribute to the top-six anytime soon.

That being said a legit #1 center (not happening obviously) or a potential future #1 center would have to be coming back for this to make any sense. In that regard I think Stepan has to be involved from a Sens standpoint.

I don't like Spezza to Rangers trade from both sides because what it would do to Ottawa's top end and what it would do to the youth movement/depth that the Rags have built.

stempniaksen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:14 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Just ridiculous. Pretty much no one is off limits for Spezza.
Really? If Spezza is so great why isn't he leading a pretty talented team deep into the playoffs?

The guy is a fine stat padding center, playing with world class players in his career like Heatley and Alfredsson.

He isn't a guy that can or will carry a team to a Cup.

So why exactly is an ENTIRE TEAM of solid young, skilled, hard working players worth dismantling and adding a TON of salary in ONE player, worth it??

Its not.

Therefore, its not ridiculous. And there are guys off limits.

If there wasn't a salary cap, then yea, fine, but there is, and building a team is how things have to be done, not buying one.

There is no possible way to add Spezza and his salary and still ice a full team.

Old
10-23-2010, 02:21 AM
Zil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISensFanI View Post
If I was GM it would have to be something like Gaborik, Anisimov and possibly more. (Don't think the Rangers would do it so I doubt this trade has any legitimacy). We are not a rebuilding team so we need talent coming back.
Ummm.... no. Gaborik is better than Spezza. The cost for Spezza would be high, but there's no way it would involve Gaborik.

Zil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:28 AM
Pizza

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiffyNYR61 View Post

So I'm seeing things that make me shake my head.

1st. No one guy is what we need. I've literally spent decades watching that theory fail.

2nd. The words "when motivated" set off the warning klaxon.

Why is it that the "ONE" guy we need is "NOT" motivated right now???????

Just my opinion, but this smells bad already. Starting from the "source".

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:46 AM
Balej20*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
the dollars just dont work unless they are willing to take on Rozsival or we waive White.
They have 3 guys out on LTIR. If a trade happened now, they'd have over a month to move some salary around.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:25 AM
racer90

would love to have spezza.

as long as it doesnt involve stepan and kreider its good.

racer90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:35 AM
gers*

if you wouldnt move dubinsky in a deal for spezza youre insane

gers* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:36 AM
MisterUnspoken
Vintage

Send a message via AIM to MisterUnspoken
I see nothing on this roster Ottawa would even willingly accept -- so if this were true (and it's not) -- top prospects and young players who have not achieved their full potential (and are cheap) would head their way.

Something brutalizing the Rangers prospect cupboard in all likelihood.

MisterUnspoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:39 AM
Ail
k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stempniaksen View Post
Not coming in here to be too much of a homer, but the sens have incredibly weak center depth as far as a guy that can come in and contribute to the top-six anytime soon.

That being said a legit #1 center (not happening obviously) or a potential future #1 center would have to be coming back for this to make any sense. In that regard I think Stepan has to be involved from a Sens standpoint.

I don't like Spezza to Rangers trade from both sides because what it would do to Ottawa's top end and what it would do to the youth movement/depth that the Rags have built.
Was pretty much going to say that.

I think for sure at the very least Anisimov goes, but more likely Stepan. Otherwise I just don't see this happening from the Sens perspective.

rip
Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:41 AM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quote:
Really? If Spezza is so great why isn't he leading a pretty talented team deep into the playoffs?

The guy is a fine stat padding center, playing with world class players in his career like Heatley and Alfredsson.
Spezza was arguably our second best player during our run to the Cup Finals, and our best player during the first three rounds. Heatley was a spectator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
2nd. The words "when motivated" set off the warning klaxon.

Why is it that the "ONE" guy we need is "NOT" motivated right now???????

Just my opinion, but this smells bad already. Starting from the "source".
It's not so much motivation as it is health with Spezza. He's struggled quite a bit with injuries the past couple of years.

Sorry to intrude, but it's hard to ignore a thread with the title "Spezza" on another team's board.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:53 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISensFanI View Post
And this is why your not an NHL GM lol.

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:54 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

Dont know why everyone is so hot to dump dubi and keep cally, that being said. i would part with anisimov, a 1st, a future 2nd maybe, mcd or valentenko if they take white or maybe rozy off our hands.....or how bout redden....heh heh

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote