HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Who Should Start in Boston on Sat? (read first)

View Poll Results: Who would you start?
Lundqvist 45 61.64%
Biron 28 38.36%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old
10-22-2010, 08:08 AM
Janerixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
Hank

vs. Boston - 13-4-2, 1.39, .951 and 4 shutouts.
vs. Devils - 18-7-5, 1.92, .933 and 4 shutouts.
vs. Atlanta - 6-3-6, 2.17, .917 and 1 shutout.

Decent all around, but I'd give Biron the nod against Atlanta, after what will probably be an emotional back to back on the weekend.
Hank hasn't played since monday, that gives him some time to focus and get his game back. His numbers against boston and NJ are more than solid, he should play both those games and then Biron vs Atlanta.

Torts said Hank would get both in the back to back which is why Hank didn't play last night, so hopefully Biron gets the game vs Atlanta.

Janerixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:28 AM
Balej20*

Regardless of the back to back games, ride Biron while he is hot. He was on top of his game last night and we need to take advantage of that.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:59 AM
Mrpuck

Back to back games, there is really no need to be playing Hank in both this soon. I'd start Biron in Boston, and give Hank the next 2. Atlanta has been beating some good teams, they are not going to be an easy match-up.

Mrpuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeHockeyFan View Post
The team in front of Biron tonight actually looked coached, while Lundqvist has generally had a slopfest in front of him this season. Biron had a good game. ONE game. Lundqvist has been one of the best in the league his entire career. I start Lundqvist every chance I can, without wearing him into the ground. My 2 cents.

U can't take anything away from Biron... He played a great game but you're right about the team in front of him.

Riche16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Puckface NYR*
R.I.P. Boogyman

ok guys....biron did play great and i certainly advocate him starting 15-20 games this year because he is not your average backup he could be a starter on a bad team and at one point was a pretty decent starter

he handles pressure well....so when i say this dont get offensive because i really like biron

Hank is our starter and one of the best goalies in the NHL he should definitely be starting these 2 games this weekend against good/rival teams

Hank is payed to play in these games....

back to back means nothing he will be perfectly fine...hes a conditioned athlete who is at the beginning of a new season

Im sure he will feel fine sunday if he goes saturday....hes done it a million times and a million and one wont make a difference

Puckface NYR* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:10 AM
Tom Atkins

If the rangers block as many shots for Lundqvist like they did for Biron we will win a ton more games. Lundqvist in for the weekend and Biron in for atlanta.

Tom Atkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 10:12 AM
allstar3970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Remember the "Prince Chad" thread? Now he can't stop a puck in Hartford.
there was somebody here who with a presumably straight face suggested in the offseason that they give lundqvist december off and just play chad to give him a real break and avoid his "december swoon.", while perhaps seeing if he would make Hank expendable. I wish I was joking.

allstar3970 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:16 AM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Remember the "Prince Chad" thread? Now he can't stop a puck in Hartford.
http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=722907
pure gold...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 11:36 AM
WalterHeisenberg

vCash: 133
lundqvist because torts did say during the pregame of the toronto game that hank has great numbers against boston

WalterHeisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 03:03 PM
ZacUSNYR

Biron needs to be played for 25+ games this season. If we get a few games out of him early in the season maybe it'll drive Henrik to be a little hotter.

I'm the biggest Henrik fan you'll meet but I wouldn't suggest we bench Biron because he was fantastic. Lets ride his play till he starts to give up some softies. Maybe it'll drive the competition internally and better Henriks game.

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 04:20 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by jniklast View Post
I knew that he had a great record against the Devils, but that Sv% against Boston is phenominal! And it's not such a small sample size, 19 games are quite a few.
He'll probably let in 5 now that I posted that.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 05:13 PM
jniklast

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
He'll probably let in 5 now that I posted that.

Probably...

jniklast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 06:20 PM
NickPerriNYR

Give it to Biron. Awsome game last night in Toronto and I'd rather have him start twice in a row instead of having Hank play two tough games in a row, in less then 24 hours.

NickPerriNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:07 PM
Stanley Foobrick
Clockwork Blue

There is no wrong answer right now....however, at about 9:30pm, if the Rangers lose, the wrong answer will have been choosen.

Stanley Foobrick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 02:45 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
U can't take anything away from Biron... He played a great game but you're right about the team in front of him.
I'm not trying to take anything away from Biron. Excellent performance. But I've observed that there is a general bipolar posting disorder in here where opinions dramatically sway on a game by game basis. What I said is accurate: Biron had ONE good game and a cohesive team in front of him (something Lundqvist has barely seen this season). And as good as Biron was that game, there's still a reason, as an UFA, that Biron signed as a backup for under a mil. And there's a reason most hockey fans, not just NYR fans, consider Lundqvist one of the three best goalies in the league and, at worst, top 5.

In looking who I want to play most of the games, including the next game, I am not going to hone in on one game and use that as a basis. I am going to look on one hand at backup who signed at $875k versus a three time Vezina finalist, who's the first goalie in NHL history to win 30 games in each of his first five seasons. So for me, unless Lundqvist is hurt, I give him at least 65 starts unless he plays his way out of the starting goalie spot he earned. Biron had a solid game. Lundqvist has had 5 solid seasons: career 178-112 record with a .917 save pct. Not taking anything away from Biron, just trying to see the big picture and keep things in a realistic perspective.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:10 AM
23isforDeBlois
you cant OD on it

hard to argue hank not going back to back with the stats and the fact that hank usually doesnt have many clunkers vs those two teams....except that 5 goals v the devs last season....he starts slow but one week does not a season make. Hank in the back to back, biron whenever after

23isforDeBlois is offline   Reply With Quote