HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers' Anisimov is on a steep learning curve

Old
10-23-2010, 06:36 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

vCash: 500
Rangers' Anisimov is on a steep learning curve

Love this quote by AA. Look at his AHL numbers. Was among the top AHL scorers in his 2nd year pro.

Quote:
"It's like stairs," he said, using his hands to mimic the climb. "One game, it gets better, the next game, better and better. In the first year, I was learning everything here. Now, I use this . . . education. You see who plays against you, the defensemen, I know what moves to try . . . The same thing in Hartford, the first year I was learning the league, the penalty kill, the power play, and the next year, I play both and score. I feel confidence, a lot more. I worked hard all summer and it carries over."
Torts has confidence in him

Quote:
"He continues to progress," said coach John Tortorella. "With his aptitude, he learns very quickly. Artie was around it offensively and defensively; we put him on the ice at the end of the game [with the Rangers trying to maintain the one goal lead] and he did a good job on the faceoff going ahead."
http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...urve-1.2394048

AA is on pace for a 32 goal season. 64 points. He had 28 points last season. AA gets 40 plus points,he's looking at close $2 million per in a short-term deal(2 years?)before the CBA expires in 2012. If he has a really good year,maybe it's a longer term deal. Rangers have 3 key group II's this summer.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:39 AM
donpaulo
Capt Barry Beck

He actually took the body in Toronto. He threw a body check !

I nearly dropped my coffee when i saw that

if he continues to use the body AA will be a major breakout candidate this year

donpaulo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 07:42 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Love this quote by AA. Look at his AHL numbers. Was among the top AHL scorers in his 2nd year pro.

Torts has confidence in him

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...urve-1.2394048

AA is on pace for a 32 goal season. 64 points. He had 28 points last season. AA gets 40 plus points,he's looking at close $2 million per in a short-term deal(2 years?)before the CBA expires in 2012. If he has a really good year,maybe it's a longer term deal. Rangers have 3 key group II's this summer.
"B-b-b but Spezza, Richards, Lecavalier...my NHL11 let me"

QUOTE: CBA expires 2012.
QUOTE: 3 KEY RFA's this summer.
QUOTE: 2+mil dollars(how much raise).

NOT POSSIBLE TO TRADE FOR HIGH PRICED VETERANS.

Thanks, Rangerboy, for further confirming what people grounded in reality already know.

Maybe this thread will open some people's eyes.

Anisimov is a heck of a player. With a chance to be elite. And what do you... He's a center?!!

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:19 AM
BobSantos

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post

Thanks, Rangerboy, for further confirming what people grounded in reality already know.

Anisimov is a heck of a player. With a chance to be elite. And what do you... He's a center?!!
Awesome post.

AA is looking great. Every game he seems to get better. Management is hopefully thinking long-term on these RFA's.

BobSantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:19 AM
DubiDubiDoo

Send a message via AIM to DubiDubiDoo
I do plenty of complaing about this team, but this kid sure is something to be happy about. Finished strong last season, starts this season strong with two completely different linemates. Pretty sure he's still only 22 years old no????

Looking forward to a datsuykian type career from this kid, why not, its apparent the work effort is there and he's not lacking in talent. Even his attitude is top notch.

DubiDubiDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Like I said in the offseason, the only thing that was holding this kid back last season was his skating.

Inexplicably this seems to have improved tenfold. He is now keeping pace with Dubinsky and Callahan.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:42 AM
FOXHOUND*

This kid's got some dangles in him. My second favorite current Ranger right now.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:45 AM
HockeyBasedNYC

I know a lot of people were very excited about his game going into the season, others not so much...

I was one of the ones super excited about Anisimov, and you could see with his frame, skillset and intelligence he was and is only going to get better. Love the comments by him.

Oh, and I still dont get why im seeing all the "wow he hits now too!" comments- Hes been taking the body and riding out players his whole career, he just has filled out and has more strength to actually make something out of it. Thats what comes with developing in this league.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Levitate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Like I said in the offseason, the only thing that was holding this kid back last season was his skating.

Inexplicably this seems to have improved tenfold. He is now keeping pace with Dubinsky and Callahan.
I don't think his skating improved that much, it's just that he's playing much more confidently and making decisive decisions with the puck, going after it aggressively, etc

Looking good so far

Levitate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:54 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Quote:

I don't understand your point here. Of course it's possible (depending on which veteran you're talking about). You just have to give to get, starting with one of those 3 "key" RFAs in particular. Not only is it possible, but unless they plan on wasting Henrik Lundqvist's prime, it's necessary.

I love Artie, he's a terrific prospect and I think he's going to have a very long, successful NHL career. But he's not going to give you 80-90 points a season.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Garfinkel1

Every 2nd year at every level his production nearly doubles... Not a big surprise here

Garfinkel1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by donpaulo View Post
He actually took the body in Toronto. He threw a body check !
AA does lay on the body quite often, but usually without much force... He did however show his strength against Clarkson in the pre-season:

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:40 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

vCash: 145
Awards:
He has looked great so far. Really playing with a lot of confidence.

nyr2k2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:43 AM
Back From Cally

Anisimov is quickly becoming my favorite player on the team. Hes gaining confidence and his game is really coming around. I could see a breakout season this year.

Back From Cally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:04 AM
RangerBoy
#freejtmiller

Quote:

More reality checks

Quote:
Among the possibilities for the next CBA, we believe the league may explore the following issues:

Lower the percentage of the players' share from the revenue pie from the current 57 percent (which would obviously lower the salary cap).
Players want

Quote:
Limit escrow. No word produces more of a lemon face on a player than escrow. Last season, the players forked over 18 percent of their bi-monthly paychecks, although once the final calculations for hockey-related revenue (HRR) are in, they'll likely get between 8-9 percent of that back. The bottom line is that the players will want to limit their exposure in escrow (in the NBA, players have a cap on escrow).
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/previe...rre&id=5636853

Lower salary cap for lower escrow?

CBA expires after 2011-12.

Rangers had to waive Redden to re-sign Staal and Girardi. Plus sign Frolov. Redden still counts on the summer cap next July 1-the end of training camp 2011. Girardi got his deal done early because he filed for salary arbitration. Staal had no leverage so the ying and the yang took place. Two summers ago,Callahan got his 2 year deal done early after he filed for arbitration. Dubinsky was the 2009 Staal. This coming summer,Callahan and Dubinsky are arbitration eligible again. AA is the 2011 Dubinsky/Staal with no arbitration rights. If Sauer establishes himself and plays the majority of the games,he will make more than the NHL minimum. He has arbitration rights too. The money will have to come from somewhere.

Where is that money coming from and where is the $7 million plus it will cost to sign a 31 year old Brad Richards coming from?

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
Jabroni
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoFFeN View Post
AA does lay on the body quite often, but usually without much force... He did however show his strength against Clarkson in the pre-season:

I remember seeing Anisimov cutting through the neutral zone and thinking: "He's about to get rocked..." and then, at the last second, nails Clarkson!

EDIT: And by the way, Anisimov has one of the quickest, hardest wrist shots on the team.

Jabroni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:37 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
I know a lot of people were very excited about his game going into the season, others not so much...
I was one of the ones super excited about Anisimov, and you could see with his frame, skillset and intelligence he was and is only going to get better. Love the comments by him.

Oh, and I still dont get why im seeing all the "wow he hits now too!" comments- Hes been taking the body and riding out players his whole career, he just has filled out and has more strength to actually make something out of it. Thats what comes with developing in this league.
All last year he played with a physical component to his game I agree people were looking at a rookie adjusting to how to use his body best and misdiagnosed it as a hesitance to use his body. Then again it's no surprise people on these boards lean towards a negative view than a hopeful view. Artie was severely underestimated by many people on these boards all off season because he didn't pull a Prucha and score 45+ as a rookie. Most people just can't evaluate except by points and big plays.

ALso it's easier to assume a player won't develop because that's most often what happens. So a lot of people probably would rather be pessimistic and be right than be hopeful and be wrong which makes sense. Constant dissappointment blows. Altho it's prob more about being right than about avoiding dissappointment.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:40 AM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerBoy View Post
Rangers had to waive Redden to re-sign Staal and Girardi. Plus sign Frolov. Redden still counts on the summer cap next July 1-the end of training camp 2011. Girardi got his deal done early because he filed for salary arbitration. Staal had no leverage so the ying and the yang took place. Two summers ago,Callahan got his 2 year deal done early after he filed for arbitration. Dubinsky was the 2009 Staal. This coming summer,Callahan and Dubinsky are arbitration eligible again. AA is the 2011 Dubinsky/Staal with no arbitration rights. If Sauer establishes himself and plays the majority of the games,he will make more than the NHL minimum. He has arbitration rights too. The money will have to come from somewhere.

Where is that money coming from and where is the $7 million plus it will cost to sign a 31 year old Brad Richards coming from?
If ever there was a reason to find a way to trade Roszi that's it. He's not good enough to take up cap room we need for Dubs, Cally and Artie. What happens this season with him gone does not matter it's about the future of this team. Thank you Drury, Redden and Roszi your continuous presence will make this summer a nightmare.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:47 AM
beastly115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post

Agreed. Last season he looked like he was skating in mud. He was slow. His skating is like night and day.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:25 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabroni1994 View Post
I remember seeing Anisimov cutting through the neutral zone and thinking: "He's about to get rocked..." and then, at the last second, nails Clarkson!
Yeah, and you were not the only one.

I was suprised myself, but he gotta do that more often. Get his head up, embrace himself and jolt the opposing hitter. He certainly has the size and strength to do just that.

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:43 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
Only Ranger I have noticed positively in every game this season. He seems to have MUCH more strength, and he's as heady as ever.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:52 PM
Blazephr

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
If ever there was a reason to find a way to trade Roszi that's it. He's not good enough to take up cap room we need for Dubs, Cally and Artie. What happens this season with him gone does not matter it's about the future of this team. Thank you Drury, Redden and Roszi your continuous presence will make this summer a nightmare.
Please stay away from Richards. Its obvious he's playing out of his mind right now.... but its a contract year. He's playing for one final ginormous contract that will take him into retirement. He'll fizzle just like Drury and the numerous other FA signings with a huge contract hanging around their neck. Its painfully obvious NY is not the place for a 30+ year old free agent.It hasn't been since the Mark Messier signing in '91.

Blazephr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:01 PM
Greg NYR

potential is through the roof and hes looked great but keep your head up kid before someone takes it off!

Greg NYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:08 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazephr View Post
Please stay away from Richards. Its obvious he's playing out of his mind right now.... but its a contract year. He's playing for one final ginormous contract that will take him into retirement. He'll fizzle just like Drury and the numerous other FA signings with a huge contract hanging around their neck. Its painfully obvious NY is not the place for a 30+ year old free agent.It hasn't been since the Mark Messier signing in '91.
Messier was acquired in a trade.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:19 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

he will be nominated for a Selke in the next few years. Id say win, but with Datsyuk around, thats damn near impossible. But he shoudl be nominated for one. His 2-way game is extremely strong for his age. His defensive awareness should make every Ranger fan smile, he never sacrifices defense for offense. He's now on our PP and PK units, and is doing everything a lot quicker...he may never score 40 goals, but hes the kind of player you need to win championships.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote