HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Possible Deal Ideas

Old
10-23-2010, 09:25 AM
NorthlandPro

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
cuz i just made that trade in a GM Game and the Thrashers accepted it so i would see what you guys would think, i love Dubi also and think he will be a great player eventually but couldnt pass up the deal here
The reason it was accepted was that it was a great deal for Atlanta and lousy deal for NY.

NorthlandPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:58 AM
JimmyStart*

Based on the school of Sather though more money automatically makes a better player so trade Drury and Roszi for Yashin

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:20 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Byers, Gilroy, and a 4th.

Well, those are your pieces to lock up Spezza? Byers just cleared waivers.

Maybe Rozy has even value to them. Dubinsky sure isnt worth Spezz alone.

And even if it did go through, what, you're going to run;

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-Sauer
Eminger-Gilroy

on defense? WTF?

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 01:42 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Here's my thoughts on your deals...

Richards- Dubinsky, Rozsival, pick <--No way. Brad Richards is playing the best hockey of his life right now an that is great to see. He is certainly first line material. But...UFA at seasons end makes him not worth stripping the team of it's core youth. And Dubinsky is a huge piece of that.

Unless Richards came incredible cheap via trade, the play here is to wait for next year and lock him via free agency at 7 mil or so. 4 year, maybe 5 max. Richards by free agency? Sure all day long...By trade. No *** way!

Iginla- Dubinsky, Grachev, prospect. <--First off let me say that Iginla is a favorite of mine. I absolutely love his game, and his leadership abilities. Jerome is now 33 years old. He's still a great player but the majic number here is 33. At 33 his better days are behind him. In his first 3 seasons Iginla averaged 44pts. It wasn't untill his fifth season that he broke the 70 point plateau. Dubi averaged 41 points in his first three seasons. He's 24 yrs old, knows the system and plays his ass off. Who really wins this deal? Not even factoring in the rest of the package of picks and prospect in Grachev? Plus...Cap hit for Jerome is 7 mil! How does that fit?

At 33 yrs old, Iginla is still better than all but 1 forward on this club. That in itself is impressive. He would be captain here...But the rest of this team is just not close enough to the prize to take a swing at him while giving up the future. If he could be had, here's what I would give up for him. Chris Drury, 1st rounder 2011, 2nd rounder 2011, Ryan McDonough or Evgeny Grachev. You get a throwback leader from the old school here for three years. The right side of the ice gets crowded, but your top 6 greatly improves. Let me just throw this out there...Imagine Iginla tutoring a young Derek Stepan? Imagine a young Stepan Centering Dubi on the Left wall and Iginla on the right?

Spezza- Dubinsky, Grachev, prosepct, pick. <--In Tortorella's system, Jason Spezza could be deadly! When he was with Heatley they were IMO the best duo in the game. Spezza is so gifted as a playmaker, that as a duo these two could potentially break the 100pt plateau. Plus...the opposition would probably have to alter thier gameplans to stop the top line, and porobably the PP also. The depth on this club should really shine with a guy like Spezza here. Signed for the same term as Gaborik, so if a trade was to be made you have him locked up for a while and at a decent age (30).

The package you mention isn't overpayment. But...I just wouldn't do it with Dubi. I would do it for Anisimov in his place. Here's why. This system, Tortorella's system awards tons of icetime to the top 6. Live and die by your top players right? With Spezza, your top line is locked and potentially deadly. But your 2nd line if Anisimov is gone could be centered by Stepan. Rookie yes, but maybe the most impressive rook since Henrik. Let him play his game with Dubi and Cally as wingers. 3rd line Pivot? ...Enter Kennedy. Offer Anisimov, Drury, First rounder 2011, Gilroy,

Souray- <--Not much value here. At full price he's terribly overpaid. Not to mention wasting in the AHL. If he was pulled through waivers someone will likely grab him and he could potentially be a steal. If not, if the inside deal was made meaning (Gentlemans agreement Souray is coming through waivers and Glen is going to take him) Maybe Sather tosses a bone up to Edmonton. White? Gilroy? I don't hate it at half price with players that are well....Expendable. The PP with him on it would be deadly!

If I was GM for a day, I am looking to fleece. As one GM put it, and I believe it was Waddell..."Glen Sather tries to win every trade 10-1." Not for nothing, but that's what I want in a GM. I would be all over Calgary and Ottawa here. But the deal would have to include mr no-movement Chris Drury. And no offense to Chris, but IMO these moves better the team.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote