HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Greene Cleared to Play / In the Lineup tonight; Muzzin to Manchester

Old
10-23-2010, 03:35 PM
TonySCV
One More Time

vCash: 500
Greene Cleared to Play / In the Lineup tonight; Muzzin to Manchester

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/23...light-to-play/

It feels good to be back around the guys, and hopefully have a good game tonight. Were looking for a win here. I think they [doctors] did a good job. The doctors cleared me, so everything is healed. Its just a matter of playing the game now. No excuses. Its all on me, not my shoulder.

The Los Angeles Kings - 2012 Stanley Cup Champions
TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:39 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Muzzin out, Harrold in, Murray jerk

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:46 PM
KingPuckChoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albi View Post
Muzzin out, Harrold in, Murray jerk
why?

muzzin isnt anything special either...unless ur suggesting to promote martinez? but even then...

KingPuckChoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Muzzin assigned to Manchester

The Kings have assigned defenseman Jake Muzzin to Manchester of the AHL to make room for Matt Greene on the active roster, rather than putting Drew Doughty on injured reserve.

http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/23...to-manchester/

Looks like we will have Harrold until Doughty is back.

Muzzin and Hickey should form a solid pair for Manchester, playing 25+ minutes per night.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:52 PM
KingCanadain1976

Harold in damn i think we need to give muzzin experience in the nhl not play harold who is in my mind a emergency player fill in.

KingCanadain1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 03:55 PM
Albi

Send a message via MSN to Albi
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Harold in damn i think we need to give muzzin experience in the nhl not play harold who is in my mind a emergency player fill in.
this

Albi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 04:03 PM
Lead Role in a Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
http://lakingsinsider.com/2010/10/23...light-to-play/

It feels good to be back around the guys, and hopefully have a good game tonight. Were looking for a win here. I think they [doctors] did a good job. The doctors cleared me, so everything is healed. Its just a matter of playing the game now. No excuses. Its all on me, not my shoulder.
Love it.

Lead Role in a Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 04:04 PM
johnjm22

Muzzin is better than Harrold, Drewiske and Johnson. No reason he should have been sent down.

johnjm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 04:11 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
Not the best decision. If Drewiske or Harrold play poorly for any stretch then I expect he'll be back. Likely very soon.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 04:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

The only reason for this move is there trying to showcase harrold for a possible trade maybe hoping..

Old
10-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
Muzzin is better than Harrold, Drewiske and Johnson. No reason he should have been sent down.
Waiver exempt...

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydor25 View Post
Waiver exempt...
I understand that....But you don't send your 3rd/4th best defenseman down just because he's waiver exempt. It should have been Harrold or Drewiske, it's not a big deal if we lose one of those two.

DL could have made extra room for Greene by sending Clifford back to juniors, instead of sending Muzzin to the AHL.

Old
10-23-2010, 04:36 PM
DAkings20
Kings can't score

vCash: 567
Best news out of this is that they didn't wanna put DD on IR which means he should be back sooner rather than later. Still would have liked to see Muzzin stay in place of Drewiske.

DAkings20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 04:41 PM
KingNick07

Muzzin was sent down... big deal. He played really good and will be back. I wouldnt want to lose Drewiske or Harrold for NOTHING through waivers.

And Harrold is a great utility player to hang onto. He could play D/O and I rarely see him making costly mistakes.

I take this as Doughty being very close, and Manchester getting even better.

KingNick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Puck U
2012 SC CHAMPIONS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnjm22 View Post
No reason he should have been sent down.
Right ... oh other than Muzzin's the only one of the bunch that doesn't have to clear waivers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingNick07 View Post
Muzzin was sent down... big deal. He played really good and will be back. I wouldnt want to lose Drewiske or Harrold for NOTHING through waivers.

And Harrold is a great utility player to hang onto. He could play D/O and I rarely see him making costly mistakes.

I take this as Doughty being very close, and Manchester getting even better.
This ^ ... it's not like it's forever, and Muzzin could return to the line-up even better and more motivated the next go around.

Puck U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 05:08 PM
KingCanadain1976

Seriously anyone really think Harrold would get picked up on wiavers ? Personally i wouldnt mind him gone we need to get some of the young defense in. Theres a stockpille in the minors Shouldnt we try a get them some nhl experience ?

Old
10-23-2010, 05:11 PM
DeeMeck

vCash: 50
It really is good news....they could have easily popped Doughty on IR....all it tells me is that they don't want Doughty on IR because he will be available sooner.

DeeMeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 05:19 PM
johnjm22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puck U View Post
Right ... oh other than Muzzin's the only one of the bunch that doesn't have to clear waivers.
There's other options. Loktionov could have been sent down, or Clifford could have been sent back to the OHL.

Muzzin is more important than both those players right now.

Old
10-23-2010, 05:28 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

FACE TIME!

Glad he's back!

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Johnny Utah

Muzzin, Voynov, Hickey will be hard pressed to EVER break the top 6 for 2 more years.

Mitchell, Scuderi, DD, JJ, Greene and Drewiske are all on NHL contracts for at least 2 more years. I wanted the Kings to move Drewiske so Muzzin or whoever with more puck skills would get a shot but it looks like it won't happen.

Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 05:52 PM
FroFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
Seriously anyone really think Harrold would get picked up on wiavers ? Personally i wouldnt mind him gone we need to get some of the young defense in. Theres a stockpille in the minors Shouldnt we try a get them some nhl experience ?
The thing with Harrold is, you know exactly what you're getting with him. He's not going to get much better than he currently is, and management doesn't mind letting him hold down that 7th d-man spot. They don't have to worry that they're letting him stagnate, etc., because he isn't "developing" anymore. It'd be a shame for any of the younger guys (including Drewiske) to get the same treatment, because they're still learning.

I think because of Harry's work ethic and attitude, the coaches like having him around. He'll work hard, never complain, and when they throw him into a game, they know what they're going to get (full effort from a borderline NHLer). If they can limit his minutes, and avoid putting him out against top-tier players he should be able to burn 10-14 minutes a game.

FroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:20 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAkings20 View Post
Best news out of this is that they didn't wanna put DD on IR which means he should be back sooner rather than later. Still would have liked to see Muzzin stay in place of Drewiske.
Bingo.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
Not the best decision. If Drewiske, Johnson or Harrold play poorly for any stretch then I expect he'll be back. Likely very soon.
FTFY.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:42 PM
Scottkmlps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Muzzin, Voynov, Hickey will be hard pressed to EVER break the top 6 for 2 more years.

Mitchell, Scuderi, DD, JJ, Greene and Drewiske are all on NHL contracts for at least 2 more years. I wanted the Kings to move Drewiske so Muzzin or whoever with more puck skills would get a shot but it looks like it won't happen.
I wouldn't say that at all. Muzzin proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that he is ready for the NHL. If I was Johnson, I would be very worried about my future with the Kings, because Muzzin CAN step in and do what Johnson does, only better.
In my opinion, Johnson is gone, it's only a matter of time.

Scottkmlps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:46 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FroFan View Post
The thing with Harrold is, you know exactly what you're getting with him. He's not going to get much better than he currently is, and management doesn't mind letting him hold down that 7th d-man spot. They don't have to worry that they're letting him stagnate, etc., because he isn't "developing" anymore. It'd be a shame for any of the younger guys (including Drewiske) to get the same treatment, because they're still learning.

I think because of Harry's work ethic and attitude, the coaches like having him around. He'll work hard, never complain, and when they throw him into a game, they know what they're going to get (full effort from a borderline NHLer). If they can limit his minutes, and avoid putting him out against top-tier players he should be able to burn 10-14 minutes a game.
Exactly the reason to get rid of him. He's not getting better and we have alot of young defence that derserves a shot at that 10-14 mins.It would help them delvelope to there potential. Seriously Muzzin Hickey Colten Teubert Alec Martinez Viatcheslav Voynov Patrick Mullen Johan Fransson and im sure theres a few more all down looking for time. Its suposed to be a strength all the young defense they need a look at the nhl now. I dont want to see them all stay down till they all become free agents without some time in the nhl This 6th spot on the kings would be perfect. It would also help in a trade to have them all get some time . I'm ok with keeping Harold for emergency purposes as u say hes deadicated. The Kings need to put clifford back if they had to I dont think he was waiver fodder