HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Spezza?

Old
10-23-2010, 06:19 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
So his stock hasn't dropped huh?
He went from a 8.0C to a 8.0B after last year. His stock hasn't really dropped, except in the eyes of impatient fans.

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:20 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by StepanToGaborik View Post
Grachev has the ability to be a very good player. The only problem is his confidence/drive. And he's 20 FFS.
Great, now take him out of the trade proposal for Spezza.... Sens don't care about the projected value of any struggling prospect in any trade involving their best player.... If you don't believe me, ask their fans....

Quote:
He went from a 8.0C to a 8.0B after last year. His stock hasn't really dropped, except in the eyes of impatient fans.
Quoting HF's ranking system.

Go speak with some Wolfpack fans about what they've seen from him....

Last edited by wolfgaze: 10-23-2010 at 10:35 PM.
wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:58 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Great, now take him out of the trade proposal for Spezza.... Sens don't care about the projected value of any struggling prospect in any trade involving their best player.... If you don't believe me, ask their fans....

Quotong HF's ranking system.

Go speak with some Wolfpack fans about what they've seen from him....
once again, who says grachev is struggling this year?

CanyonofBlueshirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 07:01 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Those rankings are based on his OHL season with Brampton where he did 40-40... His stock has dropped since then.... How can you call him a "main cog"... Go ask some Sens fans if they would be excited about him being a "main cog" in the trade proposal when Ranger fans are intentionally withholding prospects like Stepan, McDonagh, Kreider, Thomas from the trade proposals.... You want to trade for a premier player, you need to pony up some value, not struggling prospects whom we deem expendable parts of our depth chart.
explain to me how his stock has dropped? he played one year in north america coming over from russia and his ripped 80 points in brampton. then he plays in the ahl against men in his second year playing north american hockey and he struggles so he all of a sudden is no longer a top prospect? give me a break. he was likely the youngest player in the ahl last year b/c since he's russian there was no age restriction against him. he has two goals in five games this year and is a +6. he's 20 years old, has speed, hands, and a shot built into an enormous frame that is only going to get bigger as he grows into his body. enough of being down on the kid. unreal

Old
10-23-2010, 07:04 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

one more thing about grachev - just to take a note on his character, the kid as the only russian on his team at 19 years old and excelled. his english has become so good that he translated for Pashin at prospects camp. says a lot about the kid.

Old
10-23-2010, 07:13 PM
DutchShamrock

Quote:
Because Ottawa has no reason to trade him. They won't trade him to us just because.
That's exactly why this thread is here. Murray came out and said he is moving guys. Spezza has been rumored to be on the move for 2 seasons. The fans and media blast him on a regular basis. The coach is always at odds with him. That sounds like a position of weakness.

I'm know he's 'damaged' or whatever word there is for a guy that is down, but then again he lost an amazing wing and his other wing is my grandfather. That team hates life. All the bad stuff people are saying right now is the same stuff said about Thornton in '05. Not saying he'll put up Thornton numbers following a trade, but it is possible to have a bounce back especially with Gaborik riding shotgun. This is why I like a trade here. His value is relatively low, Murray is negotiating through the media, we need a center and he still has enough game to work out.

This isn't Chicago or Pittsburgh deciding to balance out their talent and cap by moving Kane/Malkin. This is a case of a struggling team trying to find an answer and a taker with his impatient and petty pandering through the media.

However, if you are right and the price is high, not even ridiculously high, I will be the first one to say no. Just like I said no when the price for Heatley included Staal. Just like Sather said no.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 07:46 PM
CanyonofBlueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchShamrock View Post
That's exactly why this thread is here. Murray came out and said he is moving guys. Spezza has been rumored to be on the move for 2 seasons. The fans and media blast him on a regular basis. The coach is always at odds with him. That sounds like a position of weakness.

I'm know he's 'damaged' or whatever word there is for a guy that is down, but then again he lost an amazing wing and his other wing is my grandfather. That team hates life. All the bad stuff people are saying right now is the same stuff said about Thornton in '05. Not saying he'll put up Thornton numbers following a trade, but it is possible to have a bounce back especially with Gaborik riding shotgun. This is why I like a trade here. His value is relatively low, Murray is negotiating through the media, we need a center and he still has enough game to work out.

This isn't Chicago or Pittsburgh deciding to balance out their talent and cap by moving Kane/Malkin. This is a case of a struggling team trying to find an answer and a taker with his impatient and petty pandering through the media.

However, if you are right and the price is high, not even ridiculously high, I will be the first one to say no. Just like I said no when the price for Heatley included Staal. Just like Sather said no.
i don't see it working, id be willing to include grachev (although reluctantly) but i wouldn't give up a high draft pick and id expect rozsival to go the other way along with a depth defenseman coming back. its not happening

Old
10-23-2010, 08:06 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM3RR27 View Post
one more thing about grachev - just to take a note on his character, the kid as the only russian on his team at 19 years old and excelled. his english has become so good that he translated for Pashin at prospects camp. says a lot about the kid.
This says nothing about his value as a prospect and it just so happens that he's had a good grasp on the English language prior to even being drafted...

Last edited by wolfgaze: 10-23-2010 at 08:11 PM.
Old
10-23-2010, 08:07 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
explain to me how his stock has dropped? he played one year in north america coming over from russia and his ripped 80 points in brampton. then he plays in the ahl against men in his second year playing north american hockey and he struggles so he all of a sudden is no longer a top prospect? give me a break. he was likely the youngest player in the ahl last year b/c since he's russian there was no age restriction against him. he has two goals in five games this year and is a +6. he's 20 years old, has speed, hands, and a shot built into an enormous frame that is only going to get bigger as he grows into his body. enough of being down on the kid. unreal
So, what improvements did you notice in his game this pre-season from last year's now that he had a full season of AHL experience under his belt?

Quote:
once again, who says grachev is struggling this year?
Check the Wolfpack thread and ask... He also was bumped down to the 3rd line for last night's game according to the game roster....