HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
10-22-2010, 12:41 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by robruckus View Post
I chuckle cause Rosi's the guy who can't buy a break. He can play great but he'll make a noticeable gaffe and I can't help but laugh cause I know most people will only pay attention to that.
LOL I hear ya, still, I don't think that it's all they'll pay attention to.

Not to sound like a #$!#, but I know I'm not about to be like, sure he made a HUGE mistake that cost/could've cost the game...but he had a couple good passes and a body check in the first...

Obviously he sucked a few games bad enough to earn a spot on the blacklist...and if you say he typically plays as he did yesterday...well...that's where the argument starts I guess....but if not, then don't fault the boo birds as much as what they're booing. (He's not Redden/boo everytime he touches the puck worthy though. That's just a distraction to the guy on OUR team.)

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 12:53 PM
McRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie27 View Post
Actually in his defense, and anyone who's ever played any position in this game should back me when I say sometimes there's only so much you can do with it...and better have your closest D chase it to an open corner than a straight up giveaway in the neutral zone.
The safest play is to chip it out of the zone. Rosie's forehand is to the boards, its the easiest and smartest move if you are spastic under pressure and most D men with any experience can do it without icing the puck. Throwing the puck to an area that has been vacated is never ever a smart play.

McRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:49 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Quote:
Originally Posted by McRanger View Post
The safest play is to chip it out of the zone. Rosie's forehand is to the boards, its the easiest and smartest move if you are spastic under pressure and most D men with any experience can do it without icing the puck. Throwing the puck to an area that has been vacated is never ever a smart play.
If the chip out of the zone is to land on (their D-man?)'s stick, I'd rather make tire the other guy a lil and keep possession...depending on everyone's position calls for, obviously.

I have a feeling that if we were to make an Xs & Os example, we'd have them placed different positions, so I think neither of us is wrong in what we're thinking?...happens in hockey lol

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

I'm going to start booing Stepan.

Hat trick in the first game and then what? ppffffft guy stinks

Every time he touches the puck he doesn't score. Aren't forwards supposed to score?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:37 PM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Gilroy is still a HUGE ? mark.
I know that he is but I also forgot to put McD in there so revisions

Staal-Girardi
MDZ-McD
Sauer-Vtank
Ex)Roszy or Gilroy take your pick

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 02:39 PM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

for Rosie. He was solid last night and to be honest I think he has been solid in every game so far imo. People who are so willing to deal him out of here need to rethink their grand schemes to solve this team's issues because dealing him would only cause more problems. He is a very reliable veteran defenseman.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 05:46 PM
IceBear86
Broadway Pride

I really like him so far. He has good vision and plays real beauty passes. So far he has had been able to close out his mistakes e.g. on the blue line, which makes him "a very reliable veteran defenseman" as Jagr68NYR94Leetch says.

IceBear86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 07:18 PM
JimmyStart*

I thought ARoszi really worked and picked his game up last year. He's still a bad deal for his price but to start this season he was absolutely brutal to my eyes. I saw that he improved big time last game. I kept saying things like "Two good plays in a row it's usually the oppossite." Let's pray he builds off the last game becaus he sucked before it;.

I will say this though I think he has the potential to hit his shots and have a magical year...however that's been 3 or 4 years running now. If you trade him now simply to let a young guy have more minutes I would be fine with it even if we lose. I don't advocate tanking but I acknowledge this year's team will be bad so I figure shoot the moon.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:09 PM
Unpredictable1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It's a shame so many Rangers fans don't know much about hockey. Otherwise they could appreciate a player like Rozsival.
This.

Maybe it's better I never visit the Garden, I might get slightly frustrated at times when he decides no to shoot the puck, but what makes my skin crawl is hearing the crowd yell "SHOOOOT!!! SHOOOOOT!!" when we just establish presence in the offensive zone.

Is it as bad in the arena as it sounds on TV? It has the same effect on me as listening to Chico.

Unpredictable1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-22-2010, 08:48 PM
polako

Folks around here have been clamoring for Rozi to exit for years now, wanting to replace him with a number of other guys from the system. The excuses were first that he was Czech, and therefore, part of Jagr's 'clique.' Then, it was that he's too error prone and slow to play for this team.

The fact is, the coaches trust him. And, he's outlasted everyone that's tried to take his spot.

polako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:44 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

2 more assists tonight.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:46 PM
Balej20*

Besides the dumb penalty in the first, this may have been rozsivals best overall game in years.

Balej20* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:49 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
He's a good defenseman. Honestly, it's as simple as that.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:52 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Who was the poster who introduced himself with;

"Rozy makes me wanna puke everytime he is on the ice." ???

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:55 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

If Roszival can continue the way he's been playing he is an integral part of our blue line and a good veteran presence for our current young D.

BlueshirtBlitz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
2 more assists tonight.
I wish he would remember how to shoot on goal though...

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:15 PM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
I wish he would remember how to shoot on goal though...
He's not usually so erratic with his accuracy. I'll take the fact that he shot so frequently as a great sign.

nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:02 PM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Here's the thing about Rozsie - he's a good, but flawed player.

He does a lot well: sound positional defense, good breakouts, good on the rush, excellent puck support. And yet, for whatever reason, he's got a couple of mental blocks that prevent him from being a complete true top pairing guy: hesitancy to shoot and the absolute worst technique/luck/whatever at keeping the puck in at the point. Unfortunately for him, his deficiencies are particularly obvious to even the most casual fan, while a lot of what he does well is hard to appreciate unless you're paying close attention to him.

It would almost be easier if he was simply a consistent #3, but he's not - he has his ups, he has his downs and he wavers between playing like a #2 on a good team and a #4 on a bad one.

BrooklynRangersFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 12:52 PM
Celestial Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyr2k2 View Post
He's a good defenseman. Honestly, it's as simple as that.
I couldn't agree more. The amount of hate some people have for him is ridiculous. He has been very solid for us and I'm glad he is playing so well.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 01:50 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Who was the poster who introduced himself with;

"Rozy makes me wanna puke everytime he is on the ice." ???
LOL that really made me laugh for some reason. It coulda been me quite frankly. If it was me I was overdoing it for my own enjoyment. I dislike his game but that would have been over dramatic for fun if I had said it.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:08 PM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*
CarciLOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Jordan, Gretzky, Woods, Ali, Pele, and Ruth also had their flaws. (Maybe not Pele, but everyone else did).

Call it the human factor.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

What I don't understand, is why Ranger fans would go out of their way to rattle this guy on home ice, in the hopes that he will screw up and potentially cost us the game to some degree.

????

What is that about? He's clearly shaken when he gets the big boos. And they start before he's done ANYTHING, good or bad.

It's like a mob mentality. Why would good players want to play here and deal with that?

I know that guys we are counting on to be BIG impact guys, (guys like Messier, any goalie, etc) will get booed when they fail to live up to expectations, but this is nothing like that. He's just a (for the most part) solid defenseman. He is NOT "the BIG contract that will change everything".

No, he's not cheap, but I don't think his pay is really out of line.

Certainly there have been (are) bigger disappointments on this squad in recent years. I don't hear the boos for them (so quickly).

What gives?

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 03:39 PM
Cake or Death

vCash:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
You made a solid post with good points. But that statement describes almost every top pairing d-man in the league not named Lidstrom. And since Lidstrom is clearly an alien, it's not fair to compare him to human beings.

Old
10-24-2010, 05:57 PM
NY Ranger86

he's been playing great! solid defensively, shooting the puck, physical, logging the most minutes on D... without him what would we have.

APPRECIATE him!

NY Ranger86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:13 PM
redfzn

He's looking good again tonight.

redfzn is offline   Reply With Quote