HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#7: Maple Leafs @ Flyers - Saturday, Oct. 23, 2010 - 7:00 PM (ET)

Old
10-23-2010, 08:56 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woof View Post
Cherry is a piece of ****. JvR deserved it? Please.
wow did he really say that

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:57 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by usahockey22flyers View Post
wow did he really say that
He said JVR jumped into the boards after Armstrong "pushed" him. And as a result, he deserved it.

Stupid comment from a ridiculous man.

CharlieGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:00 PM
LEIFey
Context Matters!

Send a message via AIM to LEIFey
Much better effort tonight. And it's always nice to get a win on HNIC. Cry Cherry Cry.

LEIFey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:01 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 1079
Rod Pelley suffered a broken nose (apparently hit by a shot).

MiamiScreamingEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:01 PM
usahockey22flyers
Forza Roma

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlieGirl View Post
He said JVR jumped into the boards after Armstrong "pushed" him. And as a result, he deserved it.

Haha woooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwww. Ahhhhhhh Don Cherry, never fails to dissapoint me, I respect only one thing about him, his view on Matt Cooke

usahockey22flyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:03 PM
MsWoof

Quote:

The only person I miss seeing on HNIC is Elliotte Friedman. McLean lost me after the Burrows/Auger thing last year. Cherry is a bigot. Milbury and Healy I would watch, only if they fought each other and both ended up knocked out. The late game is a snoozer because of Mark Lee and his sleeping pill delivery.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:04 PM
JVR21
G

I think we all know Cherry's views on JVR would be different if he was born north of the border...

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:06 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I think we all know Cherry's views on JVR would be different if he was born north of the border...
Without question - or if the teams were reversed. Armstrong would be a complete goon and completely ripped by Cherry for hitting a guy that close to the boards and right in the numbers.

Old
10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
medicman

Quote:

This is coming from the man who is spearheading the movement to have stop signs on the backs of players to prevent hits from behind!

medicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:28 PM
CanadianFlyersFan18

Quote:
Originally Posted by medicman View Post
This is coming from the man who is spearheading the movement to have stop signs on the backs of players to prevent hits from behind!
There actually required to be on all jerseys in OMHA (Ontario Minor Hockey) But back on topic. Don Cherry is an old man who needs to go away.. that is all

CanadianFlyersFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:39 PM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sh0otnSc0re View Post
Flip Powe and Carcillo.
Good deal. Any word as to whether or not these will be the same going forward? Seems to have worked out pretty well.

DrinkFightFlyers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 09:44 PM
RevUpThoseGolfCarts
Experts at losing

was at the game, was funny hearing the flyers fans taunt leafs fans who were leaving by chanting "U-S-A U-S-A"

sucks that Cherry hates "Not-Canadians"

RevUpThoseGolfCarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Flyerfan4life

yea i gotta admit its time for Cherry to hang up the skates so to speak..

go enjoy your retirement man...

Flyerfan4life is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Garbage Goal

See what kind of results you get when the lines aren't retarded Laviolette?

Well, mostly not retarded. Having Shelley in over Nodl is still retarded. Seriously, though aside from the Nodl and Shelley thing, stick with these lines for Heaven's sakes.

EDIT: Am I the only one that noticed a small Ole Ole Ole chant going on during the game?

Last edited by Garbage Goal: 10-23-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:34 PM
MsWoof

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevUpThoseFlyers View Post
was at the game, was funny hearing the flyers fans taunt leafs fans who were leaving by chanting "U-S-A U-S-A"

sucks that Cherry hates "Not-Canadians"
Maybe these retarded fans can take a look at the birthplace of most of the players, starting with the captain. Then move on to the guys wearing As. Totally stupid.

After that they can take a look at the coach and GM of the Laffs, both of whom are American. And Kessel, another American.

MsWoof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:46 PM
dbr2
Lockout Beard

Send a message via AIM to dbr2
Oh helllll yeah!!

We needed that win tonight.

dbr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:52 PM
Beastieboy

Quote:
The only person I miss seeing on HNIC is Elliotte Friedman. McLean lost me after the Burrows/Auger thing last year. Cherry is a bigot. Milbury and Healy I would watch, only if they fought each other and both ended up knocked out. The late game is a snoozer because of Mark Lee and his sleeping pill delivery.
Agree 100%, could not have said it better. I think Healy is the worst, right up there with Kypreos. Terrible and arrogant.

Beastieboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:02 PM
StandingCow

Richards and Carter separated = win.

Wonder what the hell took so long.

StandingCow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:09 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
So Richie finally gets to play legit C and promptly puts up 3 points, glad it took us 7 games to figure that out.

- Zherdev seems to drag down every line he's on. I mean, I'm honestly wondering if Nodl would be a better option because Zherdev does not fit our style whatsoever. I'm also not a fan of burying JVR for a penalty when he's been one of our better players so far this year. But it seems like every line Zherdev is with struggles to do much in the offensive zone, I find Zherdev to be a totally useless player unless gets to do what he wants in the neutral zone and then bring it into the offensive zone. He likes to do his dipsy-dos and etc. while Carter and JVR are essentially big, strong players who bring the puck in and then forecheck hard, but you can't have an effective forecheck with only 2 forwards out there.

I dunno, that worries me and Zherdev doesn't produce nearly enough to justify his presence in the top-9 considering all the other crap that comes with him.

- Dunno what the heck it is with Hartnell-Briere-Leino, but as long as we split Carts and Richie, we might be able to protect them enough to make that line a worthwhile investment especially now that Pitt has moved Malkin to wing. Honestly though, that line is awesome, somehow it works.

- Carle was pretty bad again tonight, I'm liking Meszaros a lot. Maybe not 4 mill and a 2nd like, but he's solid.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:11 PM
Snotbubbles

Quote:
Maybe these retarded fans can take a look at the birthplace of most of the players, starting with the captain. Then move on to the guys wearing As. Totally stupid.

After that they can take a look at the coach and GM of the Laffs, both of whom are American. And Kessel, another American.
Captain, Dion Phaneuf born in Edmonton AB, CAN
Assistant, Francois Beauchemin born in Sorel QC, CAN

The Leafs have 4 Americans on the team.

Snotbubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Garbage Goal

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
So Richie finally gets to play legit C and promptly puts up 3 points, glad it took us 7 games to figure that out.

- Zherdev seems to drag down every line he's on. I mean, I'm honestly wondering if Nodl would be a better option because Zherdev does not fit our style whatsoever. I'm also not a fan of burying JVR for a penalty when he's been one of our better players so far this year.

- Dunno what the heck it is with Hartnell-Briere-Leino, but as long as we split Carts and Richie, we might be able to protect them enough to make that line a worthwhile investment especially now that Pitt has moved Malkin to wing. Honestly though, that line is awesome, somehow it works.

- Carle was pretty bad again tonight, I'm liking Meszaros a lot. Maybe not 4 mill and a 2nd like, but he's solid.
Moving Giroux to wing also helps.

Still can't stand Shelley getting played for four minutes a night doing jack **** while an effective guy like Nodl sits on the bench.

Zherdev has been getting more unimpressive to me with each passing game. If he keeps this up then I would gladly drop him and spend that extra 1 mil or so on Leino. If Carle keeps being all Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Meszaros keeps this up then I wouldn't mind dumping Carle in the off-season and bumping Meszaros up to the second pairing.

Garbage Goal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:14 PM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snotbubbles View Post
Captain, Dion Phaneuf born in Edmonton AB, CAN
Assistant, Francois Beauchemin born in Sorel QC, CAN

The Leafs have 4 Americans on the team.
I'm pretty sure she was talking about the Flyers - Richards, Pronger, Carter, etc. etc.

Don't the Leafs have more Americans on the team than the Flyers do?

Old
10-23-2010, 11:19 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garbage Goal View Post
Moving Giroux to wing also helps.

Still can't stand Shelley getting played for four minutes a night doing jack **** while an effective guy like Nodl sits on the bench.

Zherdev has been getting more unimpressive to me with each passing game. If he keeps this up then I would gladly drop him and spend that extra 1 mil or so on Leino. If Carle keeps being all Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde and Meszaros keeps this up then I wouldn't mind dumping Carle in the off-season and bumping Meszaros up to the second pairing.
Giroux needs to watch the TOs still (cost us another goal tonight indirectly), but I thought that play he made to set Richie away on the 2 on 1 was pretty sick and it really seems like he's developed some good upper body strength.

And yeah, I don't think you win with guys like Zherdev. A guy with all the talent in the world who essentially does nothing for long periods while seeing a lot of the puck. I mean, he's great at not getting his linemates involved, it seems to be a real gift. The Giroux line was a borderline disaster for a number of reasons and then I thought the Carter line was very, very off tonight.

BTW, did anyone else notice that Phaneuf was terrible tonight? Have Leaf fans accepted that he can't play D yet?

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:21 PM
King Forsberg
21 68 88 16 44 28

Good game tonight. Richards and giroux played fantastic together.

King Forsberg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 11:36 PM
mypunkrock

I'm just hoping that Nodl can get on the ice, as either a third or fourth liner.

I don't see Lavy as being the one making the call to keep Shelley in the lineup, I really don't.

Powe - Richards - Giroux is a line that I like a lot, I hope they're kept together.

mypunkrock is online now   Reply With Quote