HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Espen Knutsen waived

Closed Thread

Old
10-04-2003, 05:45 PM
incawg

vCash: 500
Espen Knutsen waived

According 1460 The Fan in Columbus the jackets have waived Espen Knutsen. NHLPA has his salary at 1.5 mil (although other sources say 1.35) and I believe he's on the last year of his contract. One year removed from being an allstar but was injured for most of last season.

Apparently he's able to play wing despite being listed as a center. Might be an interesting option to play on a line with the sedins?

Old
10-04-2003, 05:49 PM
Peter Griffin

I'd pass on him. He's a one-dimensional, soft, playmaker. Not what the Canucks need. Besides, King has done well playing with the Sedins, I think he should be given a chance to play once the season starts before the Canucks look at other options.

Old
10-04-2003, 06:01 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

If our roster wasn't so stocked at this point, I'd take a flyer on him. However with us having a full roster plus King and Keane, I'll pass. Another team should take a chance on him though, he's got great skill and at only $1.35 mil, that's not too bad.

~Canucklehead~

10-04-2003, 08:53 PM
ehc73

Send a message via ICQ to ehc73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBI
"Canuck forwards aside from WCE".

Good one.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:26 PM
Burke's Evil Spirit

At this point one year ago, I would've advocated taking him...sure would be better than Druken!

What a fall, though...he's what, two seasons removed from his All-Star Game appearance? Geez.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:30 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burke's Evil Spirit
At this point one year ago, I would've advocated taking him...sure would be better than Druken!

What a fall, though...he's what, two seasons removed from his All-Star Game appearance? Geez.
He played in the all-star game, yes, but his numbers werent ''all-star'' caliber.

Old
10-04-2003, 09:42 PM
nucks2001

vCash:
no.. waste of 1.5 million.. where would he play?

Old
10-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Tom.H

What were Knutsen's numbers and why was he picked as an allstar?

Also, sinse last year he was injured, unless I am missing something, if healthy he should return to his previous form.
That is not to say that we have room for him on the Canucks, but it sure would be tempting.
Perhaps we should pick him up, if he doesn't work out we can always waive him. After all, I don't think it would hurt King's developement if he was sent down until we know for sure.
Or perhaps Knutsen, could be sent down.

Old
10-05-2003, 03:03 PM
Jewelly

vCash:
Wasn't it Knutsen's shot that killed that thirteen-year-old girl at the Columbus game last season? I think it was.

Not that that really has anything to do with him as a player b/c we all know it was a total accident and the NHL has since required that all arenas have nets behind the goalies.

I am wondering however if maybe that tragic incident affected him more than we've been lead to believe. Does anyone know what his performance was like after the incident, compared to what it was like before; could this be the reason for his slide?

I'm just curious.

Closed Thread