HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jeremy Williams recalled from Hartford Whalepack (returned 10/15)

Old
10-24-2010, 06:41 AM
Osminator

vCash: 500
Jeremy Williams recalled from Hartford Whalepack (returned 10/15)

Jeremy Williams from the Hartford Whalepack added to the Rangers roster as #86

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470809

Last edited by Osminator: 10-24-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:44 AM
GarretJoseph

Guessing Prust is out?

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 07:27 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Glad it isn't MZA. I figure that'll be the the prime complaint from some.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:00 AM
UAGoalieGuy

Trade is coming! lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:36 AM
AXN

Williams did score 5 goals in 11 games for Toronto a year or two ago.
Zuccarello should be scoring more in Hartford. He only has two goals.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:37 AM
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Glad it isn't MZA. I figure that'll be the the prime complaint from some.
Definitely agree.

However, I hope Prust didn't suffer an eye injury.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:41 AM
ZacUSNYR

Yea I hope Prust isn't seriously hurt. Looked like it did hit the eye though

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:19 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

Prust took a stick to his face/eye. He's fine. Probably has some swelling/black and blue in the area and he can't play with one eye.

Quote:
He was examined and then released from the Eye and Ear Infirmary on Charles Street before accompanying his teammates home on the postgame charter. Though he suffered no damage to the eye, the Rangers won't know Prust's status for tonight until this morning.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz13HnDBR88

Quote:
The reports are that Prust checked out fine when examined by doctors so there should be no issue with him playing against the Devils tomorrow night. If Prust were unable to play, the Rangers would have to bring somebody up from Hartford (AHL) since they currently have no spare forwards.

“He’s at the hospital, I don’t think it’s anything serious,” coach John Tortorella said. “They want to make sure on his pupil. I tell you, we totally missed him. When he was off the bench tonight we missed him in the third period.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...t_eye_checked/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:32 AM
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!

Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
well hopefully it doesnt keep him out a long time, but i think Kennedy should have got the call up for tonights game

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
azrok22

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
well hopefully it doesnt keep him out a long time, but i think Kennedy should have got the call up for tonights game
Wouldn't Kennedy have to pass through re-entry waivers?

At a cost of ~$250k, I'm pretty sure someone would grab him.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:46 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Wouldn't Kennedy have to pass through re-entry waivers?

At a cost of ~$250k, I'm pretty sure someone would grab him.
Yeah he would be playing for the Devils tonight instead of the Rangers.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Chado613

So whats the point of keeping him then? If he is gonna get snagged on re entry?

Is it just for hartfords benefit?

Chado613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Prusted

Maybe White is getting benched if Prust is alright?

Prusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
Fitzy
Relative to what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chado613 View Post
So whats the point of keeping him then? If he is gonna get snagged on re entry?

Is it just for hartfords benefit?
He is a RFA so we get the rights to re-sign him and use him next year if we want.

edit; whoops.

Last edited by Fitzy: 10-24-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Chado613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
He is a UFA so we get the rights to re-sign him and use him next year if we want.
Ahh ok.

Thanks

Chado613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
eco's bones

Williams has some experience and is an acceptable fill-in if Prust can't go. I don't think Brandon is going to be fighting for a couple weeks. Needs to put a visor on for now. Prust doesn't put up a lot of points but he's a good player--skates well, attacks the net and is pretty good defensively and pk's well. I agree with Torts that the Rangers were missing him in the third. The go he had with Lucic he was paying him back for running one of our guys. That's stuff that Adam Graves used to do.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:20 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Williams has some experience and is an acceptable fill-in if Prust can't go. I don't think Brandon is going to be fighting for a couple weeks. Needs to put a visor on for now. Prust doesn't put up a lot of points but he's a good player--skates well, attacks the net and is pretty good defensively and pk's well. I agree with Torts that the Rangers were missing him in the third. The go he had with Lucic he was paying him back for running one of our guys. That's stuff that Adam Graves used to do.
Prust is usually pretty good defensively, as far as positioning, hustle, back-checking, etc, but in terms of decision making when he gets the puck in his own zone, I think he might be our worst player, maybe besides Boogard. There have been 2-3 times already this year where Prust turned the puck over in his own zone twice or more on the same shift when he had blatantly clear opportunities to either skate the puck out or chip it out. Not really the hugest deal because I'm sure the coaches will talk to him and he'll minimize these turnovers in the future, but he needs to feel the pulse of the situation and not turn the puck over a 2nd or 3rd time on the same shift when his line and D-pair have been in their own zone for a long time and are getting tired.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:36 AM
beastly115

Glad to hear Prust will be ok. I always cringe when the stickblade hits a player in the face. He's lucky there's no serious/permanent damage.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
The Perfect Paradox
On hiatus.

From what RB posted, it seems like Prust is going to be OK, which is great for this team (and for himself).

Hopefully, he will be back next game, I've really started to like Prust's game.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Prust is usually pretty good defensively, as far as positioning, hustle, back-checking, etc, but in terms of decision making when he gets the puck in his own zone, I think he might be our worst player, maybe besides Boogard. There have been 2-3 times already this year where Prust turned the puck over in his own zone twice or more on the same shift when he had blatantly clear opportunities to either skate the puck out or chip it out. Not really the hugest deal because I'm sure the coaches will talk to him and he'll minimize these turnovers in the future, but he needs to feel the pulse of the situation and not turn the puck over a 2nd or 3rd time on the same shift when his line and D-pair have been in their own zone for a long time and are getting tired.
Not really sure that post is true, The guy has been continually used on the PK and in the last minute of games. So if Torts has that confidence in him I think your off base with your post about his decision making.

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:52 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Not really sure that post is true, The guy has been continually used on the PK and in the last minute of games. So if Torts has that confidence in him I think your off base with your post about his decision making.
Maybe I'm a little ahead of myself saying that he's one of our worst decision makers with the puck, but it's indisputable fact that he's had 2-3 shifts this year already where he had the puck in our zone and failed to get it out / turned it over twice or more on the same shift when he had glaring opportunities to do so and he tried either a no-look pass that got intercepted at the blue-line or a weak chip off the boards that was easily knocked down and kept in. It's just something I've noticed and hope that it gets remedied sooner rather than later.

And I never said anything about Torts not having confidence in him. I also said he is usually good positionally (PK), hustle-wise (PK) and on the back-check. But when he gets the puck in his own zone, it's kind of like hot-potato sometimes. I'm a big Prust fan. But he's open to criticism just as anyone else is. I hope this isn't just another case of you blindly defending your flavor of the week who can do no wrong.

Old
10-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Maybe I'm a little ahead of myself saying that he's one of our worst decision makers with the puck, but it's indisputable fact that he's had 2-3 shifts this year already where he had the puck in our zone and failed to get it out / turned it over twice or more on the same shift when he had glaring opportunities to do so and he tried either a no-look pass that got intercepted at the blue-line or a weak chip off the boards that was easily knocked down and kept in. It's just something I've noticed and hope that it gets remedied sooner rather than later.

And I never said anything about Torts not having confidence in him. I also said he is usually good positionally (PK), hustle-wise (PK) and on the back-check. But when he gets the puck in his own zone, it's kind of like hot-potato sometimes. I'm a big Prust fan. But he's open to criticism just as anyone else is. I hope this isn't just another case of you blindly defending your flavor of the week who can do no wrong.
Ok tough guy great response, Someone has a different opinion and u turn into the internet hulk. I have been a Prust fan since he joined the league I was the guy screaming 2 yrs ago when they had a chance to acquire him and turned him down. Trust me bro I watch hockey and can make a assessment of a players flaws and do it as a adult. Flavor of the week on this board is typing tough. Be a adult answer someone without insults and listen to other opinions. Wanna talk about bad decisions in his own zone look no further then Del Zotto

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

So, do lines stay the same, with Williams replacing Prust on the Christensen/Frolov line... Or does Boyle move up to that line and Williams go with White/Boogaard.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
sickboy35

Quote:

so have alot of other "defensively" capable guys? i think he has played great and i said it the other day when people were pickin on the guy because he played on the 2nd line and goin a bit overboard at critizing him just like u r sorta doin now? its all good but u cant blame him for 2 or 3 giveaways when there are players on the team who get more ice time doin the same thing.

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:17 AM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Ok tough guy great response, Someone has a different opinion and u turn into the internet hulk. I have been a Prust fan since he joined the league I was the guy screaming 2 yrs ago when they had a chance to acquire him and turned him down. Trust me bro I watch hockey and can make a assessment of a players flaws and do it as a adult. Flavor of the week on this board is typing tough. Be a adult answer someone without insults and listen to other opinions. Wanna talk about bad decisions in his own zone look no further then Del Zotto
lmao, ok.