HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Jeremy Williams recalled from Hartford Whalepack (returned 10/15)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-24-2010, 06:41 AM
  #1
Osminator
Registered User
 
Osminator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Vienna, Austria
Country: Austria
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Jeremy Williams recalled from Hartford Whalepack (returned 10/15)

Jeremy Williams from the Hartford Whalepack added to the Rangers roster as #86


http://rangers.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8470809


Last edited by Osminator: 10-24-2010 at 10:22 AM.
Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:44 AM
  #2
GarretJoseph
Registered User
 
GarretJoseph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 7,376
vCash: 500
Guessing Prust is out?

GarretJoseph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 07:27 AM
  #3
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul
 
NYR Sting's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,506
vCash: 500
Glad it isn't MZA. I figure that'll be the the prime complaint from some.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:00 AM
  #4
UAGoalieGuy
Registered User
 
UAGoalieGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island,New York
Country: United States
Posts: 8,371
vCash: 500
Trade is coming! lol

UAGoalieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:36 AM
  #5
AXN
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 1,451
vCash: 500
Williams did score 5 goals in 11 games for Toronto a year or two ago.
Zuccarello should be scoring more in Hartford. He only has two goals.

AXN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:37 AM
  #6
haohmaru
#bdwyblueshirts
 
haohmaru's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Fleming Island, Fl
Country: United States
Posts: 4,479
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Glad it isn't MZA. I figure that'll be the the prime complaint from some.
Definitely agree.

However, I hope Prust didn't suffer an eye injury.

haohmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 08:41 AM
  #7
ZacUSNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 689
vCash: 500
Yea I hope Prust isn't seriously hurt. Looked like it did hit the eye though

ZacUSNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:19 AM
  #8
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER
 
RangerBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 30,992
vCash: 500
Prust took a stick to his face/eye. He's fine. Probably has some swelling/black and blue in the area and he can't play with one eye.

Quote:
He was examined and then released from the Eye and Ear Infirmary on Charles Street before accompanying his teammates home on the postgame charter. Though he suffered no damage to the eye, the Rangers won't know Prust's status for tonight until this morning.
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...#ixzz13HnDBR88

Quote:
The reports are that Prust checked out fine when examined by doctors so there should be no issue with him playing against the Devils tomorrow night. If Prust were unable to play, the Rangers would have to bring somebody up from Hartford (AHL) since they currently have no spare forwards.

“He’s at the hospital, I don’t think it’s anything serious,” coach John Tortorella said. “They want to make sure on his pupil. I tell you, we totally missed him. When he was off the bench tonight we missed him in the third period.”
http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/r...t_eye_checked/

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:32 AM
  #9
johnnydollaz89*
7 More Wins!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,701
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to johnnydollaz89*
well hopefully it doesnt keep him out a long time, but i think Kennedy should have got the call up for tonights game

johnnydollaz89* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:37 AM
  #10
azrok22
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 9,081
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnydollaz89 View Post
well hopefully it doesnt keep him out a long time, but i think Kennedy should have got the call up for tonights game
Wouldn't Kennedy have to pass through re-entry waivers?

At a cost of ~$250k, I'm pretty sure someone would grab him.

azrok22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:46 AM
  #11
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Wouldn't Kennedy have to pass through re-entry waivers?

At a cost of ~$250k, I'm pretty sure someone would grab him.
Yeah he would be playing for the Devils tonight instead of the Rangers.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 09:49 AM
  #12
Chado613
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
So whats the point of keeping him then? If he is gonna get snagged on re entry?

Is it just for hartfords benefit?

Chado613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
  #13
Prusted
Registered User
 
Prusted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Patterson, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,433
vCash: 500
Maybe White is getting benched if Prust is alright?

Prusted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:02 AM
  #14
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,199
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chado613 View Post
So whats the point of keeping him then? If he is gonna get snagged on re entry?

Is it just for hartfords benefit?
He is a RFA so we get the rights to re-sign him and use him next year if we want.

edit; whoops.


Last edited by Fitzy: 10-24-2010 at 10:17 AM.
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:06 AM
  #15
Chado613
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 202
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
He is a UFA so we get the rights to re-sign him and use him next year if we want.
Ahh ok.

Thanks

Chado613 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:14 AM
  #16
eco's bones
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Elmira NY
Country: United States
Posts: 11,597
vCash: 500
Williams has some experience and is an acceptable fill-in if Prust can't go. I don't think Brandon is going to be fighting for a couple weeks. Needs to put a visor on for now. Prust doesn't put up a lot of points but he's a good player--skates well, attacks the net and is pretty good defensively and pk's well. I agree with Torts that the Rangers were missing him in the third. The go he had with Lucic he was paying him back for running one of our guys. That's stuff that Adam Graves used to do.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:20 AM
  #17
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eco's bones View Post
Williams has some experience and is an acceptable fill-in if Prust can't go. I don't think Brandon is going to be fighting for a couple weeks. Needs to put a visor on for now. Prust doesn't put up a lot of points but he's a good player--skates well, attacks the net and is pretty good defensively and pk's well. I agree with Torts that the Rangers were missing him in the third. The go he had with Lucic he was paying him back for running one of our guys. That's stuff that Adam Graves used to do.
Prust is usually pretty good defensively, as far as positioning, hustle, back-checking, etc, but in terms of decision making when he gets the puck in his own zone, I think he might be our worst player, maybe besides Boogard. There have been 2-3 times already this year where Prust turned the puck over in his own zone twice or more on the same shift when he had blatantly clear opportunities to either skate the puck out or chip it out. Not really the hugest deal because I'm sure the coaches will talk to him and he'll minimize these turnovers in the future, but he needs to feel the pulse of the situation and not turn the puck over a 2nd or 3rd time on the same shift when his line and D-pair have been in their own zone for a long time and are getting tired.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:36 AM
  #18
beastly115
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 10,047
vCash: 500
Glad to hear Prust will be ok. I always cringe when the stickblade hits a player in the face. He's lucky there's no serious/permanent damage.

beastly115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:42 AM
  #19
The Perfect Paradox
On hiatus.
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Long Island, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,459
vCash: 50
From what RB posted, it seems like Prust is going to be OK, which is great for this team (and for himself).

Hopefully, he will be back next game, I've really started to like Prust's game.

The Perfect Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:47 AM
  #20
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Prust is usually pretty good defensively, as far as positioning, hustle, back-checking, etc, but in terms of decision making when he gets the puck in his own zone, I think he might be our worst player, maybe besides Boogard. There have been 2-3 times already this year where Prust turned the puck over in his own zone twice or more on the same shift when he had blatantly clear opportunities to either skate the puck out or chip it out. Not really the hugest deal because I'm sure the coaches will talk to him and he'll minimize these turnovers in the future, but he needs to feel the pulse of the situation and not turn the puck over a 2nd or 3rd time on the same shift when his line and D-pair have been in their own zone for a long time and are getting tired.
Not really sure that post is true, The guy has been continually used on the PK and in the last minute of games. So if Torts has that confidence in him I think your off base with your post about his decision making.

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:52 AM
  #21
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Not really sure that post is true, The guy has been continually used on the PK and in the last minute of games. So if Torts has that confidence in him I think your off base with your post about his decision making.
Maybe I'm a little ahead of myself saying that he's one of our worst decision makers with the puck, but it's indisputable fact that he's had 2-3 shifts this year already where he had the puck in our zone and failed to get it out / turned it over twice or more on the same shift when he had glaring opportunities to do so and he tried either a no-look pass that got intercepted at the blue-line or a weak chip off the boards that was easily knocked down and kept in. It's just something I've noticed and hope that it gets remedied sooner rather than later.

And I never said anything about Torts not having confidence in him. I also said he is usually good positionally (PK), hustle-wise (PK) and on the back-check. But when he gets the puck in his own zone, it's kind of like hot-potato sometimes. I'm a big Prust fan. But he's open to criticism just as anyone else is. I hope this isn't just another case of you blindly defending your flavor of the week who can do no wrong.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:13 AM
  #22
Dagoon44
Registered User
 
Dagoon44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 4,833
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Maybe I'm a little ahead of myself saying that he's one of our worst decision makers with the puck, but it's indisputable fact that he's had 2-3 shifts this year already where he had the puck in our zone and failed to get it out / turned it over twice or more on the same shift when he had glaring opportunities to do so and he tried either a no-look pass that got intercepted at the blue-line or a weak chip off the boards that was easily knocked down and kept in. It's just something I've noticed and hope that it gets remedied sooner rather than later.

And I never said anything about Torts not having confidence in him. I also said he is usually good positionally (PK), hustle-wise (PK) and on the back-check. But when he gets the puck in his own zone, it's kind of like hot-potato sometimes. I'm a big Prust fan. But he's open to criticism just as anyone else is. I hope this isn't just another case of you blindly defending your flavor of the week who can do no wrong.
Ok tough guy great response, Someone has a different opinion and u turn into the internet hulk. I have been a Prust fan since he joined the league I was the guy screaming 2 yrs ago when they had a chance to acquire him and turned him down. Trust me bro I watch hockey and can make a assessment of a players flaws and do it as a adult. Flavor of the week on this board is typing tough. Be a adult answer someone without insults and listen to other opinions. Wanna talk about bad decisions in his own zone look no further then Del Zotto

Dagoon44 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
  #23
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,757
vCash: 500
So, do lines stay the same, with Williams replacing Prust on the Christensen/Frolov line... Or does Boyle move up to that line and Williams go with White/Boogaard.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
  #24
sickboy35
Registered User
 
sickboy35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: trenton
Posts: 1,863
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DelZottoFutureNorris View Post
Maybe I'm a little ahead of myself saying that he's one of our worst decision makers with the puck, but it's indisputable fact that he's had 2-3 shifts this year already where he had the puck in our zone and failed to get it out / turned it over twice or more on the same shift when he had glaring opportunities to do so and he tried either a no-look pass that got intercepted at the blue-line or a weak chip off the boards that was easily knocked down and kept in. It's just something I've noticed and hope that it gets remedied sooner rather than later.

And I never said anything about Torts not having confidence in him. I also said he is usually good positionally (PK), hustle-wise (PK) and on the back-check. But when he gets the puck in his own zone, it's kind of like hot-potato sometimes. I'm a big Prust fan. But he's open to criticism just as anyone else is. I hope this isn't just another case of you blindly defending your flavor of the week who can do no wrong.
so have alot of other "defensively" capable guys? i think he has played great and i said it the other day when people were pickin on the guy because he played on the 2nd line and goin a bit overboard at critizing him just like u r sorta doin now? its all good but u cant blame him for 2 or 3 giveaways when there are players on the team who get more ice time doin the same thing.

sickboy35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:17 AM
  #25
Zuccarello Awesome*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 3,265
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagoon44 View Post
Ok tough guy great response, Someone has a different opinion and u turn into the internet hulk. I have been a Prust fan since he joined the league I was the guy screaming 2 yrs ago when they had a chance to acquire him and turned him down. Trust me bro I watch hockey and can make a assessment of a players flaws and do it as a adult. Flavor of the week on this board is typing tough. Be a adult answer someone without insults and listen to other opinions. Wanna talk about bad decisions in his own zone look no further then Del Zotto
lmao, ok.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.