HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Notices

10-23-10 Nashville at Dallas No Pictures on TV, no pictures in GDT Edition

Old
10-24-2010, 01:14 AM
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD

vCash: 500
I didn't think SOB had all that great of a game. Made several bonehead plays, and him along with Klein were playing with the puck too much in our own zone on the breakout. Both had a few turnovers. Pekka saved his butt at least two times. He wasn't bad though, just not his best outing. His skating and puck handling skills continue to surprise me though. Nuck fan's really undersold him.

Sulzer I was impressed with. He did make a few mistakes, but he was better than I was expecting.

Yeah, Erat and Wilson have both been pretty disappointing thus far. I'm so glad ORLY has found chemistry with Sullivan. Makes me wonder how Peverley would have turned out if he had found chemistry as well. Dallas announcers couldn't get enough of O'Reilly

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 01:28 AM
Fortheloveofthegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I didn't think SOB had all that great of a game. Made several bonehead plays, and him along with Klein were playing with the puck too much in our own zone on the breakout. Both had a few turnovers. Pekka saved his butt at least two times. He wasn't bad though, just not his best outing. His skating and puck handling skills continue to surprise me though. Nuck fan's really undersold him.

Sulzer I was impressed with. He did make a few mistakes, but he was better than I was expecting.

Yeah, Erat and Wilson have both been pretty disappointing thus far. I'm so glad ORLY has found chemistry with Sullivan. Makes me wonder how Peverley would have turned out if he had found chemistry as well. Dallas announcers couldn't get enough of O'Reilly
I would agree on Erat, he can not win a battle on the boards! Wilson gains the zone, plays to his winger and the puck is instantly turned over and they are heading to the defensive zone. Nothing to do with Wilson's play.

Fortheloveofthegame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:29 AM
Liquidfire3240

Saturday, October 23, 2010
Attendance 13,583 at American Airlines Center

wow, I have to say thats a bit off...

Liquidfire3240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:50 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwhiteandblue View Post
I would agree on Erat, he can not win a battle on the boards! Wilson gains the zone, plays to his winger and the puck is instantly turned over and they are heading to the defensive zone. Nothing to do with Wilson's play.
I think Erat's back is still bothering him, but Wilson has had some struggles of his own too. Unfortunately for Colin, his position and linemates have changed since the start of the year. Playing at center he has more defensive responsibilities and has to not only keep his feet moving, but also try to process a lot more information in smaller spaces.

It's still early in the year. What our team has done so far with all the injuries we continue to overcome is amazing. Just gotta keep plugging along right now and picking up the points along the way. The team showed they were very dangerous when healthy, now they're showing that they are very resilent when faced with adversity. Can't honestly ask much more than that!

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 04:03 AM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Just saw highlights from the game. Rinne saved our bacon, and got plenty of help from the posts as well. Dallas had plenty of chances to score but Rinne gets the shutout.

golfmade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:23 AM
WalkmanX

Rinne is a Superstar

Cal had a great game, finally scored and played good in our end also.

Franson to me had the worst game of the season...

PP

PK

So we have 11p out of 14p, with our #1 Dman and arguably #1 Center injured. 3 games played by a backup goaltender who hadn't played in the nhl before. That's what i call a good season start.

WalkmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:24 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidfire3240 View Post
Saturday, October 23, 2010
Attendance 13,583 at American Airlines Center

wow, I have to say thats a bit off...
They had some huge weather issues in that region yesterday.

triggrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:59 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman View Post
They had some huge weather issues in that region yesterday.
Announced attendance is tix issued. A lot of home football games yesterday.

101st_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:09 AM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Well Grinder, you rode the pony and you did not bring shame to the Predators clan. Get yourself another roll of quarters and ride on.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:27 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
there's no sense calling him up though. Trotz will plant him on the fourth line, give him a look on a scoring line, and if he doesn't score in his first two shifts, right back down to the fourth.

Channelsurfing's feed was impeccable tonight, got to see the whole thing -- so I got to witness just how badly we were dominated throughout this game.

Dumont injured...no offense to the guy, but he couldn't contribute less on IR than he was at the moment, anyway. That whole line has been pretty bad. Wilson has been pretty disappointing to this point -- I had high hopes that he'd take it to the next level, but it's not happened thus far.

No offensive rhythm from anyone tonight. Sullivan was our best forward, but on the whole, we were chasing them through all three zones throughout the night. I was shocked that we weren't outshot by more...definitely drastically outchanced.

Pekka looked great after a shaky game against Pittsburgh...but he also had some luck in the form of Stars missing open nets. Legwand and O'Brien both made nice plays to save what I thought were sure goals.

Speaking of O'Brien, another solid game. O'Reilly was good as well.

Weber was...okay...but he really looks like a different player without Suter. Klein had an alright game. Sulzer and Franson were worked over all night. Definitely victims of the last change.

I understand the thought process behind dressing 7 d-men...but after Laakso only saw 2:30 of icetime, I was left wondering if SK might have been a better option. Guessing that's what we see tomorrow.

Going to need a better effort tomorrow...maybe even win a game by MORE than one goal, and not give the fans heart attacks for 2 and a half periods?
Did you watch the game? We dominated the first period. The other periods not so much but to say the whole game is way off.

glenngineer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:44 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
Did you watch the game? We dominated the first period. The other periods not so much but to say the whole game is way off.
i did watch the game. we scored in the first minute, strung together some good shifts after that, but from about the 13 minute mark of the first, we were holding on for dear life. Even if you want to award the first period to us, we were badly outplayed for the last two. I think we were more lucky than good, last night.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:47 AM
glenngineer

Quote:
i did watch the game. we scored in the first minute, strung together some good shifts after that, but from about the 13 minute mark of the first, we were holding on for dear life. Even if you want to award the first period to us, we were badly outplayed for the last two. I think we were more lucky than good, last night.
Seriously, we were taking it to them the entire first period. Their announcers said that they only had about one line that was able to do anything the first period and that was Morrow's line. We were pressing them the entire first period. Once again, your original comment of being dominated the entire is off. Not saying we played that well the last two but our first period was strong.

Old
10-24-2010, 11:48 AM
Tumsh

Quote:
Yep, the Preds were quite lucky. Rinne played an awesome game, and still needed a bit of luck to help on the way. I'd love to see both Nashville and Dallas in the playoffs this year.

Tumsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:52 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
Seriously, we were taking it to them the entire first period. Their announcers said that they only had about one line that was able to do anything the first period and that was Morrow's line. We were pressing them the entire first period. Once again, your original comment of being dominated the entire is off. Not saying we played that well the last two but our first period was strong.
okay, you win. I'm going to go blog about how the league needs to look out for our deadly first period.

Old
10-24-2010, 12:29 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
okay, you win. I'm going to go blog about how the league needs to look out for our deadly first period.
Haha I hope this doesn't start a flame war just because this line is pretty damn funny, and I'd hate to see it deleted.

I didn't get to see/hear much of the game at all due to obligations with family and friends. When I tuned in it was 1-0. When I got back in the truck it was still 1-0 with Dallas pressuring. When I get home (and after watching the UFC ppv) I turned on NHL on the Fly and we had won 1-0. Sloppy or not, I'll take a win. I hear Rinne looked fantastic, and WalkmanX (I think) was at least correct in calling ORLY for the opening marker.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 12:44 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
Buh bye.

Old
10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
glenngineer

How about this, anyone else watch the game? What was everyone elses take on our first period last night? Were they taking it to us? Were we taking it to them? Did they have any sustained pressure on Rinne other than maybe a shift or two? Maybe I have poor memory and Weber took a shot, O'Reilly took the rebound, put it in and then we stunk it up the rest of the way and got lucky for 59 minutes.

Old
10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

Quote:
How about this, anyone else watch the game? What was everyone elses take on our first period last night? Were they taking it to us? Were we taking it to them? Did they have any sustained pressure on Rinne other than maybe a shift or two? Maybe I have poor memory and Weber took a shot, O'Reilly took the rebound, put it in and then we stunk it up the rest of the way and got lucky for 59 minutes.
I never said that. I said that we came out with the jump we've been coming out with, and similar to several other recent games, we gradually petered out and were clinging to a one goal lead for most of the game. Dallas's chances started coming hard and heavy with about 6 or 7 minutes to go in the first, and didn't really let up for the rest of the game. We had very little sustained offensive pressure, and instead spent most of the game chasing them around our own end.

If you're pleased with 3 quarters of a period comprising the sum total of the time you looked like the better team -- I'm actually quiet jealous. Watching hockey must be far less stressful for you. Don't get me wrong, I understand the injuries and I'm pleased we came out with the win, but it's not one I'm pounding my chest about.

Old
10-24-2010, 01:05 PM
glenngineer

Quote:
I never said that. I said that we came out with the jump we've been coming out with, and similar to several other recent games, we gradually petered out and were clinging to a one goal lead for most of the game. Dallas's chances started coming hard and heavy with about 6 or 7 minutes to go in the first, and didn't really let up for the rest of the game. We had very little sustained offensive pressure, and instead spent most of the game chasing them around our own end.

If you're pleased with 3 quarters of a period comprising the sum total of the time you looked like the better team -- I'm actually quiet jealous. Watching hockey must be far less stressful for you. Don't get me wrong, I understand the injuries and I'm pleased we came out with the win, but it's not one I'm pounding my chest about.
I never said I was happy about the game and the way we played for the entire game. My comment was about your original statement that they outplayed us and we looked bad for the entire game. An entire game constitutes 60 minutes. I don't think we've played a full 60 minutes yet but I also don't think we've played all that poorly either. If we're gonna do any damage this year we're gonna have to learn to score when we're applying pressure and put teams away. We do that last night and we breathe a lot easier. We do that last week against the Caps and we easily win that game in the first. We must learn to go for the kill.

Old
10-24-2010, 01:06 PM
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD

Simple rule:

Get 2, just get 2. If you can't get 2 get 1. If you can't get 1, leave a bunch of bodies on the ice so the other team knows never try and steal YOUR 2 points.

11 points out of 14 is pretty damned good considering that Erat has been out, Rinne has been out, Lombardi is still out, Suter has been out, and Goc is out. Most of those guys are the prime minute eaters for the Preds and the depth has covered quite nicely.

Doing the math, about a million dollars worth of salary has already or will be, sat on the bench for the Preds and it's only been 7 games.

So far so good. NJ is crapping the bed Montezuma style giving Nashville a near 1st round pick (So far). Florida is a bottom 5 team and Santorelli is doing his best to make the pick even better.

Life aint sucking so far for the Preds. Let's just enjoy it for now.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 03:44 PM
ThirdManIn
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Simple rule:

Get 2, just get 2. If you can't get 2 get 1. If you can't get 1, leave a bunch of bodies on the ice so the other team knows never try and steal YOUR 2 points.

11 points out of 14 is pretty damned good considering that Erat has been out, Rinne has been out, Lombardi is still out, Suter has been out, and Goc is out. Most of those guys are the prime minute eaters for the Preds and the depth has covered quite nicely.

Doing the math, about a million dollars worth of salary has already or will be, sat on the bench for the Preds and it's only been 7 games.

So far so good. NJ is crapping the bed Montezuma style giving Nashville a near 1st round pick (So far). Florida is a bottom 5 team and Santorelli is doing his best to make the pick even better.

Life aint sucking so far for the Preds. Let's just enjoy it for now.

ThirdManIn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 04:59 PM
belle

Game starting in 2 minutes in Tampa. No GDT. Interesting.

belle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 05:06 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by belle View Post
Game starting in 2 minutes in Tampa. No GDT. Interesting.
Nope, but we've got a DDT...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 05:08 PM
token grinder

yeah. sorry. game is starting now. what to do if they win? I guess just use me as a slump buster.

token grinder is offline   Reply With Quote