HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Talks continue - trip delayed

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
  #26
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
I do believe there's a real chance of a deal getting done before the month is up. Reason being that although some people don't want to admit it, the whole free agent period could develop into a real mess.

The NHL wants to make a deal so they can avoid the whole free agent fiasco.

And it might be in the NHLPA's best interest to make a deal because they probably have as much leverage right now as they are ever going to get.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 12:42 PM
  #27
joepeps
Registered User
 
joepeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
I do believe there's a real chance of a deal getting done before the month is up. Reason being that although some people don't want to admit it, the whole free agent period could develop into a real mess.

The NHL wants to make a deal so they can avoid the whole free agent fiasco.

And it might be in the NHLPA's best interest to make a deal because they probably have as much leverage right now as they are ever going to get.
pA WONT DO A DEAL UNTIL THE fa MARK (July 1ST) HAS COME AND GONE....

sorry for caps

joepeps is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 01:21 PM
  #28
Leaf Army
Registered User
 
Leaf Army's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Leaf Nation
Posts: 8,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
pA WONT DO A DEAL UNTIL THE fa MARK (July 1ST) HAS COME AND GONE....

sorry for caps
By then they'll have lost a lot of leverage though.

Leaf Army is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 01:47 PM
  #29
joepeps
Registered User
 
joepeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto
Country: Italy
Posts: 11,782
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
By then they'll have lost a lot of leverage though.
They have nothing to lose... there not going to get a pay check until the season starts.... Plus then they have this.. FA's stuff

joepeps is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 02:20 PM
  #30
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leaf Army
By then they'll have lost a lot of leverage though.
I don't think it will be done by then either. How do they loose their leverage July 1st? Even if the FA stuff ends up in court it will not be decided July 2nd. I belive the league would like to have it settled before the draft date passes, but obviously that isn't going to happen.

Patty Lee is offline  
Old
05-12-2005, 02:23 PM
  #31
Patty Lee
I hate the Habs
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,715
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepeps
They have nothing to lose... there not going to get a pay check until the season starts.... Plus then they have this.. FA's stuff
exactly. we are on the verge of a teacher's strike here in NB but part of the reason I think the teachers are not going is if they do they will not get a pay check this summer, and will have very little power in that who are they going to picket or upset by not working in the summer?

PA is somewhat in the same boat in that it is no more advantageous for them to get this settled in May than it is in September.

Patty Lee is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.