HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Trade Proposal Thread ‎2010 (part 4)

View Poll Results: Trade Markov for Parise?
Yes 99 68.28%
No 32 22.07%
Not straight up 14 9.66%
Voters: 145. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Garry Valk

vCash: 500
Spacek, O'Byrne, 3rd for Kovalev and a 2nd.

Kovy is the top 6 we need, we get the cap space end of year.

Old
10-22-2010, 08:01 PM
One Man Rock Band
Slater's Gonna Slate

Moving this to the trade proposal thread because that's basically what it is.

Old
10-22-2010, 09:57 PM
Guilliam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garry Valk View Post

Kovy isn't a top6 forward anymore. We got rid of that problem, can't believe some people are still not over it and wants him to come back

Old
10-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Bloumeister
Food Court Jester

Quote:
Originally Posted by donghabs98 View Post
Robert Lang was a good player I would like to see him back in Montreal. Same with Alexei Kovalev he was good I would like to see him back in Montreal to finish his career.
Yep. Let's get Lang again. Then the only mising piece of the puzzle would be signing a guy named Syne. Number 25, here we come!

We'll take a Cup of kindness yet...

Old
10-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Frozenice
the random dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
When did the habs become a retirement home?
Why did we pass on Chelios?

Old
10-24-2010, 08:41 PM
Bieber fever

2 proposals....

1.Spacek+Pyatt vs Commodore+2nd

2.1st+O'byrn vs Brouwer

Old
10-24-2010, 10:27 PM
RE-HABS

Devils in trouble, what can the Habs offer Lou for Zajac?

The Devils are in trouble with a horrendous start, a start they can't afford due to the expectations of this team with the Kovalchuk signing this summer. They are 2-6-1 right now, with only 15 goals for and 30 against with things not getting any easier this week having a west coast swing road trip to play the Sharks, Ducks and Kings. They lose 2 of the 3 they may jeopardize making the playoffs, even though it is early it is a deep hole they have dug and would need to play .700 hockey to make the playoffs.

Parise would be great to have, but like Kovulchuk he would be untouchable. But, Zajac has a lot of trade value, as does probably Elias.

What would you offer to the Devils to get Zajac???

Old
10-24-2010, 10:33 PM
Maxpac

Hmm? Gomez, Plekanec, Eller, Halpern and Boyd ring a bell? Zajac would of been awesome IF we hadn't signed Plekanec, plus i'm not sure we have the assets that would help New Jersey at all...

Old
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RE-HABS View Post
The Devils are in trouble with a horrendous start, a start they can't afford due to the expectations of this team with the Kovalchuk signing this summer. They are 2-6-1 right now, with only 15 goals for and 30 against with things not getting any easier this week having a west coast swing road trip to play the Sharks, Ducks and Kings. They lose 2 of the 3 they may jeopardize making the playoffs, even though it is early it is a deep hole they have dug and would need to play .700 hockey to make the playoffs.

Parise would be great to have, but like Kovulchuk he would be untouchable. But, Zajac has a lot of trade value, as does probably Elias.

What would you offer to the Devils to get Zajac???
Who said they want to trade zajac at all? They want to trade rolston, salvador, etc etc...

Zajac and parise have good chemistry as well. He isn't going anywhere.

Old
bleuetbio

if they check the market for Parise, what you give up for him

Markov + Pouliot maybe? Enough, not or simply too much?

Old
10-24-2010, 10:35 PM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post

Parise is not worth the Bread and Butter of our Power Play.

When Montreal doesn't rely on Markov to be a successful team anymore then we can consider trading him. Until then consider him untouchable, or if we do trade him start scouting the top 5 in this years draft.

Old
10-24-2010, 10:36 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalLyricist View Post
Who said they want to trade zajac at all? They want to trade rolston, salvador, etc etc...

Zajac and parise have good chemistry as well. He isn't going anywhere.
That is the issue, that is who they want to trade but there isn't a market for them, they are hurt and Rolston has a no movement deal too.

The Devils are going to have to move a player they don't want to.

Old
10-24-2010, 10:38 PM
Stradale

Quote:
That is the issue, that is who they want to trade but there isn't a market for them, they are hurt and Rolston has a no movement deal too.

The Devils are going to have to move a player they don't want to.
I think they would rather suck all season than trading Zajac.

Old
10-24-2010, 10:42 PM
LyricalLyricist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
I think they would rather suck all season than trading Zajac.
pretty much this. Zajac is part of the new generation for them.

Old
10-24-2010, 10:49 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

1) Where does Zajac's trade possibility come from?
2) We'd need to shed salary.
3)I don't think we have what the devils want; Young ,cheap and ready talent for the NHL.

I really don't like the Spacek signing.

Old
10-24-2010, 10:53 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleuetbio View Post

Markov is a UFA (pending) and untouchable to the Habs, he is going to be a long term signing soon.

The Devils need help on D, and we could offer a good Dman and some prospects for a player or players. We need toughness and size, I would propose this:

Travis Zajac $3,887,500
David Clarkson $2,666,667
$6,554,167 Salary to Montreal

Travis Moen $1,500,000
Benoit Pouliot $1,350,000
Yannick Weber $875,000
Dustin Boyd $650,000
$4,375,000 Salary to New Jersey

Would offer Jaroslav Spacek $3,833,333, but that doesn't give them too much cap relief. Unless they want Moen and Spacek and top prospect and pick?

The trade would put Montreal at $60,771,217. Send Darche and Picard to the minors taking $1,100,000 off the books and the Habs are at $59,671,217...so some work would need to be done.

I would like to see the Habs some how work on a Clarkson deal, he would answer a need.

Old
10-24-2010, 10:54 PM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Parise is not worth the Bread and Butter of our Power Play.

When Montreal doesn't rely on Markov to be a successful team anymore then we can consider trading him. Until then consider him untouchable, or if we do trade him start scouting the top 5 in this years draft.
The Devils are the ones who would never make that trade. But IF Montreal could get Parise for Markov I think they'd be dumb to turn it down. Don't get me wrong Markov has been our best player for years, but Parise is on decent contract, is much younger and is a potential 50 goal scorer (something the Habs haven't had in decades). Looking towards the future, Parise is a much bigger asset.

Old
10-24-2010, 11:06 PM
bleuetbio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
The Devils are the ones who would never make that trade. But IF Montreal could get Parise for Markov I think they'd be dumb to turn it down. Don't get me wrong Markov has been our best player for years, but Parise is on decent contract, is much younger and is a potential 50 goal scorer (something the Habs haven't had in decades). Looking towards the future, Parise is a much bigger asset.
this. Markov is our biggest asset, our franchise player, our ice leader, our best player since Patrick Roy, but he's not a vampire and will age like the others. At 35, he will not be the same and if we can reach an elite young player like Parise with him, Sorry Marky but you're out!

Old
10-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Markov is a UFA (pending) and untouchable to the Habs, he is going to be a long term signing soon.

The Devils need help on D, and we could offer a good Dman and some prospects for a player or players. We need toughness and size, I would propose this:

Travis Zajac $3,887,500

Travis Moen $1,500,000
Yannick Weber $875,000
Dustin Boyd $650,000

Would offer Jaroslav Spacek $3,833,333, but that doesn't give them too much cap relief. Unless they want Moen and Spacek and top prospect and pick?

The trade would put Montreal at $60,771,217. Send Darche and Picard to the minors taking $1,100,000 off the books and the Habs are at $59,671,217...so some work would need to be done.

I would like to see the Habs some how work on a Clarkson deal, he would answer a need.
With all due respect, I think there's no way in hell NJ would consider this trade.

Old
10-25-2010, 06:35 AM
TheBuriedHab

Quote:

Travis Zajac $3,887,500

Travis Moen $1,500,000
Yannick Weber $875,000
Dustin Boyd $650,000

Best player we are sending is Webber and you expect to get Zajac in return????

What about Jamie Langerbrunner, they need to shed some salary and maybe he could be had for cheap.

Have an all ex devils line with Gio and Gomez lol.

Old
10-25-2010, 07:38 AM
swimmer77
Post Oates

Quote:

Kovalev being coached by Jacques Martin could have some entertainment value.

Old
10-25-2010, 11:53 AM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBuriedHab View Post
Best player we are sending is Webber and you expect to get Zajac in return????

What about Jamie Langerbrunner, they need to shed some salary and maybe he could be had for cheap.

Have an all ex devils line with Gio and Gomez lol.
Not saying they would do something like that but I would also send some type of deal like that.They are stuck in the cap situation and I'm sure they will not want to get rid of Parise in the next few years and also they are playing real bad sure they will wanna shake things up especially with a new coach,doubt they can him after 7-8 NHL games coached but then again it's Lou so you never know

I would make some type of ridiculous offer,I wouldn't accept it as the Devils GM but you got nothing to lose

Quote:

I'm no Kovalev fan,but for some reason I wouldn't mind making that deal knowing that Kovy is done after the season and we won't see Spacek for another one,not that bad and could help the top 6,maybe him coming back here would motivate him a little and have him play for this year

Old
10-25-2010, 08:35 PM
Darth Joker

Trade idea I wanted to throw by fellow Habs fans.

There's a big money/overpriced players trade that I've been thinking about for a little bit now, but I wanted to make sure that at least my fellow Habs fans liked the idea before I brought it up on the main Trade Rumors board.

To Edmonton Oilers:

C Scott Gomez
D Jaroslav Spacek

To Montreal Canadiens:

C Shawn Horcoff
D Sheldon Souray

Now, this is basically their overpaid vets for our overpaid vets. Cap-wise, it's about even for the next two years, then Edmonton suffers more for years 3 and 4, and then we suffer the most for year 5 (as Horcoff's contract is one year longer than Gomez's).

However, I like this deal for the Habs for the following reasons:

1) We badly need a good shot from the point for the PP. Souray could conceivably provide that. He certainly couldn't be much worse than what Spacek has been for us lately... and I mean that in all facets of the game.

2) Horcoff would add some size up front and down the middle for us. He does have 3 goals so far this season, and would give us more shooters (which we need, imo). Structurally speaking, his cap hit makes more sense at the 2nd line Center position than Gomez's does. $5.5 is still pretty rich for (most) 2nd line Centers, but it's not as bad as Gomez's $7 million plus cap hit.

Why I could see Edmonton possibly making this deal:

1. Gomez would be a great fit for them, I think.

2. Souray and Spacek both had great success before with the team that they'd be going to. Maybe it could rejuvenate both of their careers.

3. Gomez's slightly shorter deal than Horcoff's might make it attractive to a rebuilding club that hopes to really ice a great team within the next few years (i.e. their key young guys will start to come into their own just as Gomez's deal is about to run out).

So, what do my fellow Habs fans think?

Old
10-25-2010, 10:21 PM
ChoseLa

If there is a guy i'd like to fetch from the Devs, it's Clarkson, and he has been playing bad since the begining of the season, maybe there is a slight chance...

Old
10-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Miller Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
There's a big money/overpriced players trade that I've been thinking about for a little bit now, but I wanted to make sure that at least my fellow Habs fans liked the idea before I brought it up on the main Trade Rumors board.

To Edmonton Oilers:

C Scott Gomez
D Jaroslav Spacek

To Montreal Canadiens:

C Shawn Horcoff
D Sheldon Souray

Now, this is basically their overpaid vets for our overpaid vets. Cap-wise, it's about even for the next two years, then Edmonton suffers more for years 3 and 4, and then we suffer the most for year 5 (as Horcoff's contract is one year longer than Gomez's).

However, I like this deal for the Habs for the following reasons:

1) We badly need a good shot from the point for the PP. Souray could conceivably provide that. He certainly couldn't be much worse than what Spacek has been for us lately... and I mean that in all facets of the game.

2) Horcoff would add some size up front and down the middle for us. He does have 3 goals so far this season, and would give us more shooters (which we need, imo). Structurally speaking, his cap hit makes more sense at the 2nd line Center position than Gomez's does. $5.5 is still pretty rich for (most) 2nd line Centers, but it's not as bad as Gomez's $7 million plus cap hit.

Why I could see Edmonton possibly making this deal:

1. Gomez would be a great fit for them, I think.

2. Souray and Spacek both had great success before with the team that they'd be going to. Maybe it could rejuvenate both of their careers.

3. Gomez's slightly shorter deal than Horcoff's might make it attractive to a rebuilding club that hopes to really ice a great team within the next few years (i.e. their key young guys will start to come into their own just as Gomez's deal is about to run out).

So, what do my fellow Habs fans think?
I'd do it in a heart beat...

But i don't think that Oilers are looking to move Horcoff at this point. As much as he appears overpaid given his inconsistent offensive production, unlike Gomez Horcoff actually does bring a lot to the table even when he isn't scoring, and from what I can tell (living in the west and getting a lot of flames/oilers coverage), he's firmly established as the veteran leader in that locker room.

With so many important young players on their roster now, I can't see them moving a leader like Horcoff, even if it means unloading Souray's contract.

From our side, it's a no-brainer. Horcoff is solid as a #2 centre, and when Eller is ready for full time top 6 duties (be it this year, next, or even the year after), Horcoff becomes an excellent 3rd line centre.
although his cap hit would be unpleasant down the road, 5M$ is much more manageable than 7M$.

Souray for Spacek is another no-brainer for us, imo. Spacek has been pretty bad defensively, on top of being a non-factor offensively, at his age and where he is at in his career, there is no reason to realistically expect him to improve... if anything, as the season progresses and he gets tired/run down, his play is likely to nose dive (as it did last year).
Souray adds a more compelling offensive weapon, the kind of physicality we so desperately need to add to our lineup, and imo would look very nice playing next to Gorges this year and next.

Markov- Subban
Souray- Gorges
Hamrlik- Gill/O'Byrne

I like that a lot better.

good idea for us, but I think we'd have to add considerably to get the Oilers to even look at it.

Closed Thread