HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

#6 - 10.23.2010 | New York Rangers @ Boston Bruins | 7:00 PM - MSG (HD)

Old
10-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Rangers44*

vCash: 500
Stuart dropped his gloves before Avery and Avery gets extra 12 minutes for instigating? I don't even think Avery was trying to fight him until Stuart started throwing punches.

Rangers44* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 01:56 AM
Inferno
HFB Partner

lots of good stuff to talk about...but one bad thing really caught my eye....Michael Del Zotto just had an absolutely awful game tonight...I mean...really really bad. It happens, hes a kid, but its worth noting.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 03:14 AM
morffin

Stepan is so poised that its unreal .... he looks like he been in the lg for 10 years....very impressive young player.

morffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 03:55 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

Anisimov had a very solid game and Lundqvist was very, very good, too. Sauer continues to play like a seasoned, dependable veteran. I can't say enough good things about him. He's a really, really impressive player. I wish more people were attentive enough to notice his many subtle contributions. Great decisionmaking and tremendous grasp of fundamentals. What more could you want from a young player?

And, yes, Del Zotto was horrendous tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
Stuart dropped his gloves before Avery and Avery gets extra 12 minutes for instigating? I don't even think Avery was trying to fight him until Stuart started throwing punches.
LOL. Are you serious? Wait, are you the guy who thought Eminger was good? Figures.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 04:58 AM
Bacchus

Is there a youtube of Staals goal?

Bacchus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 05:11 AM
Chimp

My thoughts after the game:
*2 min for starting a fight in the pansy nju NHL, 5 min for fighting and 10 min for being Sean Avery.
*2 min for boarding and being Boogaard, while getting applauded when boarding Dubinsky when being Chara.
*We took some really dumb penalties in 4on5 situations and deserved them, but simultaneously the Bruins got away cheap a couple of times in their own 4on5 situations, compared to us. Not happy about that.

Apart from that, a quite soild ref effort tonight.

*Anisimov is quickly becoming a fan favourite for good reasons. He plays with such great instincts, on and off the puck, offensively and defensively.
*Stepan is here to stay. Great to see.
*I'm delighted that Girardi is playing up to expectations so far and is holding up to his new contract.
*Sauer needs to keep playing, he is tons better than Eminger, but everyone already know that.
*It only took Rozsival 3 years to start shooting the damn puck again. Continue doing that please, because his shot is nothing to scoff at.
*Lundqvist was Lundqvist.
*I hope Prust is ok, he is vital to our bottom 6.
*I hope this game jumpstarted Frolov a little bit.

*But foremost, I am so glad that we are playing good hockey, regardless of our key injuries! Awesome to see other players stepping up and taking big responsibility.

And oh, Jack Edwards is arguably and presently the biggest tool to commentate a hockey game. It's like bringing in a random, intoxicated, immature Bruins (*huge* homer) teenager in the booth.

Last edited by Chimp: 10-24-2010 at 05:16 AM.
Chimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 05:58 AM
Cake or Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
lots of good stuff to talk about...but one bad thing really caught my eye....Michael Del Zotto just had an absolutely awful game tonight...I mean...really really bad. It happens, hes a kid, but its worth noting.
I like it. He plays a high risk game, often messy, but he plays with a lot of swagger for a kid who turned 20 a few months ago. He'll make a mistake and just keeps chugging. As you said, he's young and the mistakes will come. The upside is that he has a ton of raw skill and the mistakes don't seem to rattle him. As he gets more experience and eventually passes the legal drinking age, there is a ton of upside. Overall, when I look at the age of our D - MDZ 20, Staal 23, Sauer 23, Girardi 23, and a few solid looking young guys in the minors - the future looks extremely bright on the back end.

Cake or Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 06:23 AM
Black Tank

Just got done watching the game and though MDZ had some really bad moments, he also made numerous high skill plays. He's one of the guys that can really thrive right now b/c the system assumes defensive lapses will occur.

I thought the officiating was brutal. The call on Boogaard was very amateurish, I would expect that in HS hockey from a ref who works for an accounting firm during the week, not a "professional" referee. If this is how the game was going to be called than it might be acceptable but Chara and Lucic were given free reign to hit late and cross check thoroughout the game. A very inconsistent and unprofessional performance by the officiating crew but that seems to be the standard these days and hopefully it all evens out over 82 games.

The intensity and effort diplayed was top notch and I hope we left enough in the tank for tonight.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:44 AM
pwoz

I missed the game because of a bachelor party (got to watch a bunch of phillies' fans all get sad among other things at that club).. anyway.. I saw the goal highlights.. not bad.. any video or thoughts on Boogaard's fight and hit?

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:18 AM
BrooklynRangersFan
Change is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwoz View Post
I missed the game because of a bachelor party (got to watch a bunch of phillies' fans all get sad among other things at that club).. anyway.. I saw the goal highlights.. not bad.. any video or thoughts on Boogaard's fight and hit?
Check the previous page.

BrooklynRangersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 12:43 PM
Loffen
Wen Kroy

Staalsy's breakaway goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEj5F2zGrOI

Loffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Celestial Black

Decent game last night. The Rangers need to stop taking such bad penalties like they have been or it is definitely going to be tough on the D and goalie.

Celestial Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:00 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Staalsy with a nice forehand backhand move

Swept In Seven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 02:19 PM
pwoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrooklynRangersFan View Post
Check the previous page.
His fight was disappoint.

pwoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:41 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rangers44 View Post
B's fan here I come in peace. Hard fought game. You guys capitalized on our mistakes. That Staal goal was beautiful..

To answer the question above: Avery got the extra minutes for going after Stu after a clean hit on the blue line and throwing the first punch.

He probably had less of a leash with officials given his history but so do a lot of players like our Brad Marchand. Brad yaps so much the refs warn him to shut up or he will get penalties. It shouldn't be this way but it is.

Johnny Boychuk has a fractured forearm and is out 4 weeks for the slash by Dubinsky. Not cool but in Dubinsky's defense, how did he know it would break his arm.. He caught JB right at the end of the glove. At least it wasn't a two handed slash.

How is Prust? I know he spent a night at Mass Eye and Ear. I really hope he is ok.

Also, refs were awful for both teams.

Looking forward to our next match up Nov 17 on your ice..

I am Boston Strong

Alicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat4537 View Post
B's fan here I come in peace. Hard fought game. You guys capitalized on our mistakes. That Staal goal was beautiful..

To answer the question above: Avery got the extra minutes for going after Stu after a clean hit on the blue line and throwing the first punch.

He probably had less of a leash with officials given his history but so do a lot of players like our Brad Marchand. Brad yaps so much the refs warn him to shut up or he will get penalties. It shouldn't be this way but it is.

Johnny Boychuk has a fractured forearm and is out 4 weeks for the slash by Dubinsky. Not cool but in Dubinsky's defense, how did he know it would break his arm.. He caught JB right at the end of the glove. At least it wasn't a two handed slash.

How is Prust? I know he spent a night at Mass Eye and Ear. I really hope he is ok.

Also, refs were awful for both teams.

Looking forward to our next match up Nov 17 on your ice..
Prust is okay he played in our next game against the Debbies. Dubinsky's slash was not that bad just caught Boychuk in the right place. The one thing i want to see is Boogaard and Thornton go again without the Thornton hug fest. (no insult meant by that just would like to see them square up and go punch for punch)

Old
10-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
Prust is okay he played in our next game against the Debbies. Dubinsky's slash was not that bad just caught Boychuk in the right place. The one thing i want to see is Boogaard and Thornton go again without the Thornton hug fest. (no insult meant by that just would like to see them square up and go punch for punch)
Glad he's ok. When you here Mass Eye it gets you nervous. It is the leading Eye and Ear hospital in the country. We might see McGrattan instead. I can't wait to see Gratty play but regardless another toe to toe Boogie match will be exciting for sure.. Thorty did what he can. Just glad he isn't our only fighter this year. Our forth line has been able to showcase their skill and it is nice to see Thorty show some of it off Boogie is one scary man.

Old
10-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat4537 View Post
Glad he's ok. When you here Mass Eye it gets you nervous. It is the leading Eye and Ear hospital in the country. We might see McGrattan instead. I can't wait to see Gratty play but regardless another toe to toe Boogie match will be exciting for sure.. Thorty did what he can. Just glad he isn't our only fighter this year. Our forth line has been able to showcase their skill and it is nice to see Thorty show some of it off Boogie is one scary man.
The thing that scares me about the Boog is that he doesnt show emotion when he fights his face looks like he is just chilling in his living room. That kinda **** makes me think what would he be doing without hockey, like would he be killing people?

Old
10-25-2010, 09:17 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJBergy86 View Post
The thing that scares me about the Boog is that he doesnt show emotion when he fights his face looks like he is just chilling in his living room. That kinda **** makes me think what would he be doing without hockey, like would he be killing people?
He and Z would have a great bodyguard business, lol

Old
10-25-2010, 04:18 PM
GeorgeHamiltonsTan

went to the game saturday, the game itself was kind of torturous to watch with all of the penalties. the game had lots to be desired besides the outcome but we had a really good time there. I was sincerely dreading dealing with thier fans after witnessing sox fans (im not a yankee fan so i couldnt care less)... just a-holes.

Anyway, bruins fans were great, incredibly friendly mixed with some good natured ****talkin but in the end one of the better fan experiences I've had, i'll definately do it again.

and of course it didnt hurt that close to 3/4's of my section was ranger fans

I went from that wonderful fan experience on saturday to coming home to MSG and dealing with comeplete douchebaggery from the deb's fans. This jackoff in the front row of our section decided to stand up every whistle and shake the back of his marty jersey, meanwhile he was getting OWNED by his girlfriend, pretty sad. The point is, if you go to another teams barn dont be a dick and you'll have a great time. I saw a couple of incidents last night caused by debs fans walking around giving the finger to the crowd...typical jersey trash...

anyway thats my rant, im off, had a big lunch "gotta go take a new jersey"...

GeorgeHamiltonsTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 06:48 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

edit: wrong thread

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote