HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The KHL
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The KHL Discuss the Continental Hockey League (Kontinentalnaya Hokkeynaya Liga).

Coaching duo for upcoming WC?

Old
10-23-2010, 04:38 PM
russianhockey25

vCash: 500
Coaching duo for upcoming WC?

Sergei Shepelev and Nikolai Solovyov of Yugra KHL club...They could be in 2nd place in the KHL if they win their next game (First year in KHL!). They are beating the top teams with not the best talent. Opinions?

russianhockey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 06:53 PM
VladNYC*

I have to say. This team has been a very pleasant surprise. Look at this Roster:
http://en.khl.ru/stat/players/185/all/3413/

SKA should be ashamed of them selves.

Has it been confirmed Shepelev and Solovyov are going to be coaching team Russia's WC team?

VladNYC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 08:15 PM
cska78

Send a message via AIM to cska78 Send a message via Yahoo to cska78
Quote:
Originally Posted by VladNYC View Post
I have to say. This team has been a very pleasant surprise. Look at this Roster:
http://en.khl.ru/stat/players/185/all/3413/

SKA should be ashamed of them selves.

Has it been confirmed Shepelev and Solovyov are going to be coaching team Russia's WC team?
what?

cska78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 10:26 PM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cska78 View Post
what?
I was saying that look what Yugra has been doing with their meager roster. SKA should be ashamed of being so horrible with their all star squad.

Old
10-24-2010, 12:37 AM
russianhockey25

No they haven't been even considered yet which saddens me deeply.. They should have a chance with the world juniors or world cup!

russianhockey25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:06 AM
VladNYC*

Quote:
Originally Posted by russianhockey25 View Post
No they haven't been even considered yet which saddens me deeply.. They should have a chance with the world juniors or world cup!
In reality we need a dedicated coaching staff for all of our national teams. Not one who's interests are on their club team until the last second. That way we can prepare strategies and systems properly. In the Olympics and world juniors, our guys have lost the big games before they even stepped foot on the ice.

Old
10-25-2010, 06:23 AM
yunost

Quote:
In reality we need a dedicated coaching staff for all of our national teams. Not one who's interests are on their club team until the last second. That way we can prepare strategies and systems properly. In the Olympics and world juniors, our guys have lost the big games before they even stepped foot on the ice.
I actually agree with you but your idea poses certain problems;

The coaching staff needs to be top-notch, so KHL level coaches that do not participate in anything other than international tournaments. What are they supposed to do during the non-tournament windows? Just sit around and wait until the players are released, when they can be put to use elsewhere? Also, their salary has to therefore be matched with what they could get on the market, and I doubt FHR has that.

yunost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 11:41 AM
tuker1980

Quote:
As much as I think a good coach have a big impact on a team, I think Russia National team on International competition have suffered more because of NA size rink than anything else. Don't get me wrong, I love it that Canada win most of WJ and Sr International (Olympic... not WC). But most of it is because we have the rink advantage. Now almost 2/3 of WJ are played in NA size rink. I understand that IIHF is all about money but for a level playing field, do it half and half, or even more time on international size.

tuker1980 is offline   Reply With Quote