HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Dan Girardi is a beast

Old
10-25-2010, 06:20 AM
msv957

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
I think it's crazy how our defense has changed so drastically over what seems like overnight. After the Buffalo game our defense was killing us, and now it's probably the best aspect of our game.

A group of Staal, Rosy, Girardi, MDZ and Sauer (with whoever filling in on Sauer's side) suddenly looks amazing compared to just a few games ago.
Agreed... this is a very, very solid defense.

I believe it could be close to top 10 in the whole league.
What is great is that is it a young defense (besides Rozy) also so they are
only going to get better and better.

msv957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 06:36 AM
Black Tank

If you watch a lot of different teams play, you will appreciate Girardi even more. We make the most of every mistake but all dmen make mistakes and get beat regularly. It's part of the job with the new holding and stick checking rules. The difference is how you recover and what ultimately happens and in that Girardi is excellent at blocking shots and getting the puck moving in the other direction.

Black Tank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 06:49 AM
jas
Unsatisfied

I have not been Girardi's biggest fan, but, two things have stood out to me this year - 1) he's not getting beat to the outside like he has in the past, and 2) no more "WTF" passes. He's playing a very simple and solid game right now.

jas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Trxjw
Bored.

Nice to see him finally starting to use the body consistently. Love the way he's playing so far, but as we all know, the problem with Danny has always been his consistency. Hopefully he tries to play up to his contract, instead of relaxing and taking a step back.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:46 PM
bmundus

I have the last couple of seasons given Girardi a very hard time, but this year he is a new D-men. His positioning is good and he has not really taken himself out of the play. I think he has found his game and has even had a few games were he looked better then Staal. so i'm eating crow and i'm glad because he is on my FH teem.
MDZ is doing what i thought he would be doing and that is getting better every year and he will be an elite O D-men in a few years.
Sauer finally is getting his chance(hope he stays healthy) and he is playing very well. he makes his D partners look better, even gilroy looks ok when playing Sauer. I wish we kept Sangs because he would be doing a better job then both Eminger and Gilroy.

bmundus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 05:55 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Blue Collar: BOOYAH!!!

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote