HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

PK Subban points thread

Old
10-26-2010, 01:14 AM
Next Best Thing*

vCash: 500
PK Subban points thread

He is getting major minutes as a defender and I forsee him keeping up the workload even with Markov back to full duty. What's interesting to note is that he's picking up points without being the primary source of output yet. At one point during the season he is bound to break out of this so called "shell".

So I thought of doing this because so far he's on pace for .5 ppg with 4pts in 8gp (41 assists?), and at the same time maybe we can discuss his chances at the calder and see how the race develops.

Next Best Thing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:19 AM
chaosrevolver
Snubbed Again

Yeah he'll be putting more points up when Markov get's back. That way he can focus on being a shooter.

chaosrevolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:24 AM
Sakus Yo Daddy

If he keeps his current level of play up, I see him finishing with ~8g and ~40 assists once the PP starts producing.

Based on last years Calder finalists, I'd say that gets him a nomination, but not a win.

Sakus Yo Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:25 AM
JustAHabFan

In my opinion, Subban should continue to focus on defense as what he is doing right now. When you play well on defense, the chance for offense will come and he will get more points later on. I also agree that his production will go up when Markov come back.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:25 AM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

He will start to tear it up once Marky Mark is back. I can feel the good vibrations. And it's such a sweet sensation. Do you feel the vibration?

Myron Gaines* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 06:34 AM
RC51

Right now the league is learning about Subban. Video is being shown in locker rooms. " the kid takes chances" lets nail him on some, should be easy because he is a rookie and he is making rookie mistakes. Ok well 8 games in and Subban is doing his thing and although the opposition is trying to slow him down, it's NOT working. I can tell you, he is impressing a ton of GM's and coaches around the league right now. Subbans charges up the ice still shocks the Habs let alone the opposition.
Yes it will take another 20 games or so to turn the rest of the leagues heads but turn they will. Subban is playing 20 min per game and changing the Habs back end. I have not seen a rookie have an impact this big on the Habs in a LONG TIME.

RC51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Woland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
He will start to tear it up once Marky Mark is back. I can feel the good vibrations. And it's such a sweet sensation. Do you feel the vibration?
lol. well done

Woland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 08:13 AM
ppil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakus Yo Daddy View Post
If he keeps his current level of play up, I see him finishing with ~8g and ~40 assists once the PP starts producing.

Based on last years Calder finalists, I'd say that gets him a nomination, but not a win.
He will have a lot of competition this year. I see two forwards making it to the finalists and probably one of Jon Carlson, Matt Taormina and P.K.

ppil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 09:17 AM
Ghetto Sangria
The implication

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppil View Post
He will have a lot of competition this year. I see two forwards making it to the finalists and probably one of Jon Carlson, Matt Taormina and P.K.
Only ones I can really see as a threat are Carlson, Letestu, Ennis, Eberle and Neuvirth. Subban has also been solid defensively, and that will also be taken into account. He's playing like a #1 defenseman out there. And last year, the rookie who did that won the calder over 24 goals and 50 something points.

Ghetto Sangria is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 09:26 AM
Paul Dipietro

You almost get the feeling that once he manages to blast one in (his first in the regular season), he'll be that much harder to deny from that point on

Paul Dipietro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 09:29 AM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakus Yo Daddy View Post

Depends if he ends the season as a +15 or something that can definitely sway the vote.

neofury* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:03 PM
SB164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I had to.

SB164 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:52 PM
llamateizer

did ever a player scored in a playoff game before a season game like Subban?

llamateizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:03 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
So I thought of doing this because so far he's on pace for .5 ppg with 4pts in 8gp (41 assists?), and at the same time maybe we can discuss his chances at the calder and see how the race develops.
Why does it always gotta be about race?

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:19 PM
That Habs Fan
CH fan in TO

Although .5PPG is good I hope he picks it up (since I have him in 2 pools, including 1 keeper).

I am sure he will start to score some goals when Markov comes back (which should be soon!)

8g, 40a isn't out of the question IMO

That Habs Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:25 PM
Sebaldian

How long did it take him to find his point production in the AHL? I vaguely recall that he didn't really get on a roll until 20 or so games into the season.

Sebaldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:44 PM
IceMaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
Yannick Weber is another exemple.

IceMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:47 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
I gotta say it, I love PK!!!! WoW!

Seriously this guy is something else... I predict 10-45-55 if Markov stays healthy and PK is part of PP1 squad. Surely Calder candidate, even if we put the points aside its impossible to ignore his presence on the ice.. (i am talking about skills, wiseguy...) he does it all, he penatrate the zones like there is no one in front of him. Highly impressive !

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:48 PM
Pascal

Quote:
Originally Posted by husamus156 View Post
john carlson? just a guess.

Pascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
E = CH²

Everything he does is done with speed, heart and intelligence. I haven't seen a more interesting player to watch on the habs in a long long time. Also don't care about how many pts he gets as long as he plays like he does the pts will come.

E = CH² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:28 PM
coolasprICE

A few weeks or possibly month or two in hamilton at they very least would serve him well. Based on his play in Hamilton I'd consider calling him back up, otherwise, a full 2nd year in Hamilton would do wonders for his development.

No need to rush the kid, he's got his entire career ahead ... in the mean time I prefer to see more of Picard instead.

coolasprICE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pascal View Post
john carlson? just a guess.
Carlson had a goal in the regular season.

But there's probably a few players who scored their first career NHL goal during the playoffs.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:37 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolasprICE View Post
A few weeks or possibly month or two in hamilton at they very least would serve him well. Based on his play in Hamilton I'd consider calling him back up, otherwise, a full 2nd year in Hamilton would do wonders for his development.

No need to rush the kid, he's got his entire career ahead ... in the mean time I prefer to see more of Picard instead.
You are talking about Weber and not Subban. Right?

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:57 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Quote:

LOL.......... NOT!

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 07:06 PM
JGRB
#EllerThugLife

Quote:

Um.. what?

Are you talking about PK Subban or another of our players? I'd say it's pretty much agreed by everyone that so far this season PK has been our best defenseman in atleast half the games (Gorges in the other half).

Aside from his Tampa game, he's been good defensively and he's been the key cog in our transition game. Without him I seriously doubt we go 5-2-1 without Markov.

JGRB is offline   Reply With Quote