10/25/10 - Los Angeles @ Minnesota - 7:00PM CDT - VS

Old
10-26-2010, 01:26 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Tradesies?
Player Wise? For what and with what cap space? If Bouchard comes back, even pro rated, that cap hit is going to be around $3M at least

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:47 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

vCash: 500
Did they put Bouchard back on LTIR for this season or is he just on regular IR?

I think Jarick was referring to trading coaches...

bozak911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:06 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Did they put Bouchard back on LTIR for this season or is he just on regular IR?

I think Jarick was referring to trading coaches...
I thought so with it, but I wasn't sure

Old
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I think he's on LTIR since I don't think you can do an AHL stint after regular IR. And yeah I was referring to a coach trade, someone go make a proposal thread, quick!

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:16 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

The top 2 lines are really bad. Havlat is doing nothing on that line. His chemistry is gone with Lats right now. Cullen hasn't done much except on powerplay. Both lines are extremely sluggish and not working. Bruno is way too slow and its rubbing off on Koivu. Wild never have the puck for sustained pressure. Can they get a real coach? Switch up the ******* lines Richards! What he has now isn't working. Is he waiting till they lose 4 or 5 in a row?

WildisLaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:26 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
I think he's on LTIR since I don't think you can do an AHL stint after regular IR. And yeah I was referring to a coach trade, someone go make a proposal thread, quick!
I believe you are very correct on that one sir. And yep someone needs to make a Trade Thread!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildisLaw View Post
The top 2 lines are really bad. Havlat is doing nothing on that line. His chemistry is gone with Lats right now. Cullen hasn't done much except on powerplay. Both lines are extremely sluggish and not working. Bruno is way too slow and its rubbing off on Koivu. Wild never have the puck for sustained pressure. Can they get a real coach? Switch up the ******* lines Richards! What he has now isn't working. Is he waiting till they lose 4 or 5 in a row?
I kept harping on it before the season and glad everyone is seeing it now too. This man doesn't know how to coach on the fly at all. He needs to take some mentoring sessions from his peers in the Central Division. There is a reason they've represented the Western Conference the last couple years.

Old
10-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I believe you are very correct on that one sir. And yep someone needs to make a Trade Thread!!!

I kept harping on it before the season and glad everyone is seeing it now too. This man doesn't know how to coach on the fly at all. He needs to take some mentoring sessions from his peers in the Central Division. There is a reason they've represented the Western Conference the last couple years.
What I don't get is why he doesn't even try. I mean, literally, when things are this bad, what's the worst that could happen?

Kobasew sucks on the 4th line, swap him and Mittens. Lats and Havlat are hit or miss, split them up (and no, Clutterbuck doesn't count). Why don't we try Havlat with Koivu again?

Why don't we shake up EVERY line, as they all seem to have some obvious flaws.

Ugh. It's sad to see how easily the wind is taken out of our sails with a bad loss or two...

Vashanesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:45 PM
BigT2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
What I don't get is why he doesn't even try. I mean, literally, when things are this bad, what's the worst that could happen?

Kobasew sucks on the 4th line, swap him and Mittens. Lats and Havlat are hit or miss, split them up (and no, Clutterbuck doesn't count). Why don't we try Havlat with Koivu again?

Why don't we shake up EVERY line, as they all seem to have some obvious flaws.

Ugh. It's sad to see how easily the wind is taken out of our sails with a bad loss or two...
I honestly still believe, he is letting the players run the team still. That whole "Bag skate" comes off to me like a Childress attempt to show a bunch of players that he is in charge, not them. And it worked the game after. Then they came out completely gassed from Edmonton and Vancouver. Most of these players appear to just do their own thing when they are on the ice. Anyone remember last year when he got sand in his va-jay-jay because when the players realized they couldn't forecheck quick enough to keep the puck in the zone, they went right back to neutral trap to keep the game close? Same thing appears to be happening now. They realize they just can't keep skating that quick without being gassed so they play lazy to conserve energy.

Fletcher should at least be telling him that he needs to figure this out, or start getting his resume ready for the AHL, if not WHL because no NHL team is going to sign him in as a HC when you can't even compete consistently. Hell Savard was fired in Chicago for the exact same reason. This team needs something to get it going.

Old
10-26-2010, 03:02 PM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Fletch needs to do something asap. Richards must be scared of the players because all these lines are still the same. Can't win a hockey game when you never have the puck.

Old
10-26-2010, 03:40 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
I honestly still believe, he is letting the players run the team still. That whole "Bag skate" comes off to me like a Childress attempt to show a bunch of players that he is in charge, not them. And it worked the game after. Then they came out completely gassed from Edmonton and Vancouver. Most of these players appear to just do their own thing when they are on the ice. Anyone remember last year when he got sand in his va-jay-jay because when the players realized they couldn't forecheck quick enough to keep the puck in the zone, they went right back to neutral trap to keep the game close? Same thing appears to be happening now. They realize they just can't keep skating that quick without being gassed so they play lazy to conserve energy.

Fletcher should at least be telling him that he needs to figure this out, or start getting his resume ready for the AHL, if not WHL because no NHL team is going to sign him in as a HC when you can't even compete consistently. Hell Savard was fired in Chicago for the exact same reason. This team needs something to get it going.
It wouldn't shock me at all.

My biggest thing is, Richards has to know his job is done if they don't do well, and soon. Why would he not be trying EVERYTHING in his power (I'm sorry, but if the team is deciding lines, then he deserves to be fired on the spot) to make instant improvements?

Savy was fired because he couldn't get the most out of a high-powered, yet young, team. Richards is going to be fired because he can't seem to get ANYTHING out of a team that no one can quite pin down where they belong.

I absolutely agree that it doesn't look as though the team respects him. The simplest answer as to why is that they're - like you're saying - not willing to put out the effort to play in a system that hasn't shown much ability to work.

I dunno. I don't like how this is going. And like I said earlier this season - you can't fire the team, so you fire the coach...

I mean, if he has to bag skate these guys once a week just to get a "full" effort game out of them... He has no business coaching this team.

Old
10-26-2010, 03:57 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

<insert bozak's #FireToddRichards rant here>

Old
10-26-2010, 04:02 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

Wow, and just last week everyone was complaining about Lats on the fourth line!

Russo recapped today (and said it at the time), Richards didn't want to mix up the lines after the bag skate. Makes sense because you don't want them to worry about chemistry, only effort. They won huge, then squeaked out a win. They just played two bad games in a row, and now Russo indicated Richards will likely change up the lines.

Do you want him to mix up lines like Lemaire did every single shift? Or they lose once and bench everyone and not give them a chance to bounce back? They won two games, then lost two games, and now he's going to mix it up.

Recap: Richards said he's probably going to mix up the lines. So hold off on the "Fire Richards!!1" for a couple days.

Old
10-26-2010, 04:06 PM
nickschultzfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanesh View Post
It wouldn't shock me at all.

My biggest thing is, Richards has to know his job is done if they don't do well, and soon. Why would he not be trying EVERYTHING in his power (I'm sorry, but if the team is deciding lines, then he deserves to be fired on the spot) to make instant improvements?

Savy was fired because he couldn't get the most out of a high-powered, yet young, team. Richards is going to be fired because he can't seem to get ANYTHING out of a team that no one can quite pin down where they belong.

I absolutely agree that it doesn't look as though the team respects him. The simplest answer as to why is that they're - like you're saying - not willing to put out the effort to play in a system that hasn't shown much ability to work.

I dunno. I don't like how this is going. And like I said earlier this season - you can't fire the team, so you fire the coach...

I mean, if he has to bag skate these guys once a week just to get a "full" effort game out of them... He has no business coaching this team.
I don't want to give Richards a pass, but the Wild forwards are a bunch of role players. They just don't have enough "make-stuff" happen players.

To put another way, if we look at last years Hawks, and say that Koivu is Toews, would the Hawks have won if their forwards looked like:

Ladd (Bruno)-Toews (Koivu)-Kopecky (Miettinen)
Brouwer (Lats)-Bolland (Cullen)-Versteeg (Havlat)
Buf (Kobasew)-Madden (id)-Eager (Clutterbuck)
Bickell (Nystrom)-Fraiser (Brodziak)-Burish (Staubitz)

????

Cause that's what the Wild line-up looks like. The 2009-2010 Hawks, minus Kane, Hossa, and Sharp. Which is below average and above terrrible.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:18 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:

Russo recapped today (and said it at the time), Richards didn't want to mix up the lines after the bag skate. Makes sense because you don't want them to worry about chemistry, only effort. They won huge, then squeaked out a win. They just played two bad games in a row, and now Russo indicated Richards will likely change up the lines.

Do you want him to mix up lines like Lemaire did every single shift? Or they lose once and bench everyone and not give them a chance to bounce back? They won two games, then lost two games, and now he's going to mix it up.

Recap: Richards said he's probably going to mix up the lines. So hold off on the "Fire Richards!!1" for a couple days.
If Mittens starts the next game on Koivu's wing, then I'm not holding off on ANYTHING.

It's nice to hear, but "probably" is a really strong word in this instance. For all we know, this could be as little as putting Clutterbuck back in Lats' place, or swapping Brodz and Madden.

I'm hesitant to believe it until I see it. I guess that's all I'm saying.

Old
10-26-2010, 04:58 PM
BigT2002

Quote:

Sorry. Don't buy it yet. Lemiare changed up lines when he saw something was going right. People's game going to hell during the game, or because they were sick and they shouldn't be spending 20 minutes on the ice trying to keep pace with healthy players on the opposing teams. Rolston is having a great game because of defenders getting the puck to him, but Bouchard isn't feeding him that fantast? Lets see what Koivu can do. You have to juggle to see what is going to work and what isn't against the team you are playing NOW not forecasting like he does. And as its already been said. If Mittens is on the top line, and is still on the top Powerplay line...then it confirm that the players are dictating who goes where.

As Vash said....I have to see it to believe it. I've been told too many times by Richards he would make the adjustments that needed to be made and he hasn't.

Old
10-26-2010, 09:53 PM
mnwildgophers

I'm so sick of seeing the "top line" of Brunette-Koivu-Miettinen. They just have not looked good this year. Brunette is great on the PP, but maybe he shouldn't be on our "top line."

I agree with a lot of you that we should be doing something different with the lines, they just aren't working. I like the idea of putting Latendresse on the RW of Koivu, and finding some other way to fill the 2nd line LW. I'd hope for Bouchard, but people say he's out of position and only really feels comfortable with RW.

It's too hard to tell for the Bouchard talk, but he needs to do something drastic.

mnwildgophers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Vashanesh
My best outfit

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnwildgophers View Post
I'm so sick of seeing the "top line" of Brunette-Koivu-Miettinen. They just have not looked good this year. Brunette is great on the PP, but maybe he shouldn't be on our "top line."

I agree with a lot of you that we should be doing something different with the lines, they just aren't working. I like the idea of putting Latendresse on the RW of Koivu, and finding some other way to fill the 2nd line LW. I'd hope for Bouchard, but people say he's out of position and only really feels comfortable with RW.

It's too hard to tell for the Bouchard talk, but he needs to do something drastic.
You either move Lats up on Koivu's wing (unlikely, given Richards apparent love/hate with Lats), or you put Kobasew there, or you try Havlat there.

Honestly, I'm a fan of this:

Bruno-Koivu-Havlat
Lats-Cullen-Kobasew
Nystrom-Madden/Brodz-Mittens
Staubitz-Brodz/Madden-Clutterbuck

Shake up every line. Give Clutter less responsibility, so hopefully he goes back to hitting like mad. Give Koivu and Havlat another chance when they're both healthy + Havlat will KNOW that he's got to shoot more. Let Lats be a bit more passive, as Kobasew can get dirty and hopefully give him some easy tap-ins. See if Mittens is still even viable on the 3rd line...

Worst case, we still suck. Best case, ANYTHING different happens.

Old
10-26-2010, 10:46 PM
Casper
30 goal grinder

Bruno-Cullen-Havlat
Lats-Koivu-Bouchard/Kobasew

Casper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 08:11 AM
nickschultzfan

When Bouchard is healthy:

Lats-Koivu-Bouchard
Kobasew-Cullen-Havlat
Nystrom-Brodziak-Clutterbuck
Bruno-Madden-Miettinen

That gets a big "eh" from me, but at least the top 3 lines have more speed. And it would be nice to see if Lats-Koivu-Bouchard could get some chemistry going, thinking of Koivu post-Brunette and Miettinen.

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 02:20 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Iím a model of consistency, so I will not rant about Richards because I know itís getting old hat to a lot of folks.

When it comes to like combinations, I think you have to match speed with speed. There are several reasons why I loathe the concept of putting Bouchard with Koivu. The first of which is the speed differential. Bouchard can skate. Koivu is slower. Brunette is even slower. Iím not knocking Koivu or Brunette for their skating. They are what they are. Bouchard is fast, they are not. Never mind that putting three play-makers on the ice as a forward line being a bad ideaÖ

Iím getting on board with Russoís concept of putting Bouchard with Havlat and Cullen. Half of the time, Cullen is off side because heís faster than Havlat. Havlat hasnít adjusted to Cullenís speed yet and having Latendresse on that line is just sad. Whenever itís Lats carrying the puck in, itís like a cluster F at the blue line with Cullen and Havlat hanging back.

Latendresse has about the same speed of Koivu and if we are really talking about mixing the lines, then for effís sake, put him on the right side of Koivu.

When Bouchard comes back, put him to the *right* of Cullen and Havlat. Havlat comes in on the left wing so often, I would betcha he can play left better than Bouchard.

I also think that the ďsystemĒ needs adapted *per line*.

If fully healthy, though, we are still one grinder heavy, in my opinion.

Who wants a Finn?

Who wants a Brad Pitt look-a-like?

Old
10-27-2010, 03:13 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozak911 View Post
Iím a model of consistency, so I will not rant about Richards because I know itís getting old hat to a lot of folks.

When it comes to like combinations, I think you have to match speed with speed. There are several reasons why I loathe the concept of putting Bouchard with Koivu. The first of which is the speed differential. Bouchard can skate. Koivu is slower. Brunette is even slower. Iím not knocking Koivu or Brunette for their skating. They are what they are. Bouchard is fast, they are not. Never mind that putting three play-makers on the ice as a forward line being a bad ideaÖ

Iím getting on board with Russoís concept of putting Bouchard with Havlat and Cullen. Half of the time, Cullen is off side because heís faster than Havlat. Havlat hasnít adjusted to Cullenís speed yet and having Latendresse on that line is just sad. Whenever itís Lats carrying the puck in, itís like a cluster F at the blue line with Cullen and Havlat hanging back.

Latendresse has about the same speed of Koivu and if we are really talking about mixing the lines, then for effís sake, put him on the right side of Koivu.

When Bouchard comes back, put him to the *right* of Cullen and Havlat. Havlat comes in on the left wing so often, I would betcha he can play left better than Bouchard.

I also think that the ďsystemĒ needs adapted *per line*.

If fully healthy, though, we are still one grinder heavy, in my opinion.

Who wants a Finn?

Who wants a Brad Pitt look-a-like?

If Havlat and/or Bouchard showed commitment to their shot(s), it could work.

I still think Richards might be thinking of Clutterbuck-Cullen-Bouchard and re-uniting Brodziak with Havlat and Latendresse, which is why he put Cal on the left side of Cullen with a playmaking RW.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 03:16 PM
bozak911
Ignoring Idiots

Quote:
Originally Posted by saywut View Post
If Havlat and/or Bouchard showed commitment to their shot(s), it could work.

I still think Richards might be thinking of Clutterbuck-Cullen-Bouchard and re-uniting Brodziak with Havlat and Latendresse, which is why he put Cal on the left side of Cullen with a playmaking RW.
It took Havlat the OT winner up in Calgy to get his confidence going last season. I figure as soon as he nets his first this season, he'll pour it on again.

Why it takes something like that to build your confidence when you know what you are... you got me.

Old
10-27-2010, 10:06 PM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

I still don't see Havlat passing up chances as much as getting snakebit. He's still producing.

Old
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
WildisLaw
Just win, baby

Somebody better mess that Dustin Brown guy up next game. Easily enemy numero uno now.