HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Old
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Rozsival is still soft as a pillow and can't skate to save his life. He is EASILY replaceable.
You must not be watching the games man. It's not that easy to replace some one who logs the minutes, and plays as well as Rozy does. Take your blinders off!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
TrueBlueNorwegian

6 pts in 7 games!!! Iīd say thatīs pretty good for a D-man.

Good job Rozie.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
6 pts in 7 games!!! Iīd say thatīs pretty good for a D-man.

Good job Rozie.
Add TOI of 25:14 a game.

Definitely our #1 defenseman this season.

Haters will hate.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It's a shame so many Rangers fans don't know much about hockey. Otherwise they could appreciate a player like Rozsival.
Weren't you and Puckface Avery against Rozsival?I could be wrong.

It's great reading this threads evolution from the beginning.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:22 PM
JimmyStart*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I hear what you're saying, and I agree that it is probably time to give the fans a chance to show some appreiation for Rozy.

But the comparisons you are making are a bit off. Arod? Steinbrenner?
As I said in a previous post, there have never the been HUGE expectations from Rozy that would justify the boos. If Ovechkin came to NY and scored only 30 goals, he would get booed big time, and I don't think anyone would object.
He did literally point out it's a broad comparison himself so why are you pointing it out as if he didn't already point it out himself?

I also agree with him. Roszi did something to earn boos it's not like fans just decided to hate on him. Some are xtending it too far and that's an issue. As far as I go is his salary will make it difficult for us to re-sign certain players and sign others. In that regard I'd have no prob if he was traded even though yes his absence will hit the blueline. I don't think it will as muchh as some seem to imply though but that's just my opinion.

His play is inconsistent and below what it should be for his money so fans boo him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
his play has been more than enough of a reason

this is a bulls@#$t argument

the fans are acting like *******s....plain and simple, and thats all there really is to it
His play has not been more than enough reason. His play is overall not terrible but it's also frustrating often and is a microchasm of management issues so some o0f the anger gets directed at him b/c of that. You should be able to recognize that even if you disagree with it.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Rangerfans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Add TOI of 25:14 a game.

Definitely our #1 defenseman this season.

Haters will hate.
Of course they will. They're Ranger fans. Once they have it in their minds that they either "like" or "hate" a player, nothing will change their stubborn, little minds.

It's pathetic.

I am not the biggest Rozy fan, but he's been playing some damn good hockey.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Weren't you and Puckface Avery against Rozsival?I could be wrong.

It's great reading this threads evolution from the beginning.
There is a lot of good stuff in there. Including me being shouted down for saying Sauer could make the team .

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
He did literally point out it's a broad comparison himself so why are you pointing it out as if he didn't already point it out himself?

I also agree with him. Roszi did something to earn boos it's not like fans just decided to hate on him. Some are xtending it too far and that's an issue. As far as I go is his salary will make it difficult for us to re-sign certain players and sign others. In that regard I'd have no prob if he was traded even though yes his absence will hit the blueline. I don't think it will as muchh as some seem to imply though but that's just my opinion.

His play is inconsistent and below what it should be for his money so fans boo him.

His play has not been more than enough reason. His play is overall not terrible but it's also frustrating often and is a microchasm of management issues so some o0f the anger gets directed at him b/c of that. You should be able to recognize that even if you disagree with it.
So what are YOU saying? That he already pointed out that what he pointed out shouldn't have been pointed and so I shouldn't have pointed out what he poitned out that didn't need pointing out? What's YOUR point?

"His play is inconsistent and below what it should be for his money so fans boo him." This is complete dookey

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

He has sucked in the past with some major F-ups...that many people aren't booing him because they want to boo someone collectively for the sake of booing....

His mindset and quickness of late has been outstanding, I hope nobody would argue that....as long as he keeps physical as well.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
FOXHOUND*

I can't argue with the points the guy has been putting up
People here know I'm not a huge Roszival fan but I'm glad he's doing what he's doing right now and hope he keeps it up.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM
JeffMangum
~anger~

vCash: 50
People do realize if we trade Rosi, Eminger or Gilroy will get top-4 minutes, right?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie

Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
how old is he again 33-34?

One could say he has still the best years as a D ahead of him

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Pizza

The momentum has been swinging against Rosi for a couple of season's now.

It's brutal to jeer a guy when he's playing well, but if he keeps up his solid play the fans will come around.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:51 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The momentum has been swinging against Rosi for a couple of season's now.

It's brutal to jeer a guy when he's playing well, but if he keeps up his solid play the fans will come around.
Hes been a solid player for the Rangers for 5+ years now.

The saddest part is his praising his play has to come with conditions like "...if he keeps it up"

Hes been a good soldier here and is the longest tenured Ranger along with Lundqvist, yet he gets treated like complete **** by the fanbase.

Its actually kind of sad.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
mullichicken25

^ id be more inclined to say embarassing and pathetic

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

If he keeps shooting the puck, he'll easily score 15+ goals.

Still, wouldn't be good enough...

Old
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
^ id be more inclined to say embarassing and pathetic
What gets me are the people who go ga-ga over Sauer and bash Rozsival (and dont get me wrong, I like Sauer's game and think he deserves more ice-time).

Sauer plays about 9 minutes a game against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines and its "OMG hes so damn solid out there," which is fine - a little much, but fine. Meanwhile Rozsival has been logging big minutes probably since most of these people started watching hockey and not only get no recognition, but gets continually bashed by a large portion of the fanbase.

Youre right, it is embarassing and pathetic more than anything.

Old
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What gets me are the people who go ga-ga over Sauer and bash Rozsival (and dont get me wrong, I like Sauer's game and think he deserves more ice-time).

Sauer plays about 9 minutes a game against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines and its "OMG hes so damn solid out there," which is fine - a little much, but fine. Meanwhile Rozsival has been logging big minutes probably since most of these people started watching hockey and not only get no recognition, but gets continually bashed by a large portion of the fanbase.

Youre right, it is embarassing and pathetic more than anything.
Bingo.

Great post.

Old
10-26-2010, 04:42 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
He drives me nuts. I will admit, I hate him more than I should, but certain things he does just make drive me insane. It seems like he always is taking a lazy penalty (holding, hooking, tripping) at such inopportune times. I guess there is no way to scientifically prove that he takes more penalties at more inopportune times than other players, but Jesus does it seem like it.

Also, his shot seems to go wide of the net like 85% of the time, which is annoying.

Lastly, he has inexcusable defensive lapses way too often, like against the Devils where he almost cost us the tying goal late in the game.

He did do some positive things, I saw him muscle several Devils off the puck, and the angles he takes when defending a player are generally good. To me, it seems like he just doesn't have a very good hockey IQ...too often he makes a complete WTF play...I'm not talking about him pinching and getting caught late in the game trying to tie it up, or just getting beat by a player who makes a good move, but sometimes it seems like his brain just completely freezes.

Perhaps that is what bothers me the most...that skill-wise, he's not brutal at all, but sometimes he makes mistakes that I learned not to do when I was a mite.

That being said, I do realize that I probably do not give him enough credit when he does make a good play, so I'll give you that, and try to be more mindful when he does...that's my Halloween Resolution.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
HockeyBasedNYC

What a lot of fans conveniently forget or ignore (or just plain don't recognize) is that despite his inconsistent play at times, when it really counts he shows up.

Rozy's a gamer.

For a few seasons now when the Rangers have been involved in their late season runs to get to the playoffs, he's been one of the best defenseman on the team logging huge minutes, and when the Rangers made the playoffs he was a very good performer including some very timely goals.

Furthermore, the guy takes an absolute beating and seldom is out of the lineup. If Gaborik had half the injuries he's had, we would never see him on the ice.

I'm not saying the guy is Chris Pronger, hes just been a good soldier for this team when the **** hits the fan.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Yeah during the 06-07 and 07-08 playoffs, opposing teams were taking Runs at Rozsival because they knew he was our top defenseman.

Old
10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
Bleed Ranger Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
What a lot of fans conveniently forget or ignore (or just plain don't recognize) is that despite his inconsistent play at times, when it really counts he shows up.

Rozy's a gamer.

For a few seasons now when the Rangers have been involved in their late season runs to get to the playoffs, he's been one of the best defenseman on the team logging huge minutes, and when the Rangers made the playoffs he was a very good performer including some very timely goals.

Furthermore, the guy takes an absolute beating and seldom is out of the lineup. If Gaborik had half the injuries he's had, we would never see him on the ice.

I'm not saying the guy is Chris Pronger, hes just been a good soldier for this team when the **** hits the fan.
Absolutely.

And I certainly might be hyperbolizing here, but i think he scored one of the biggest Ranger goals in the past 12 years of so

(Game 3 OT winner vs Buffalo in the 2007 playoffs)

Old
10-26-2010, 05:10 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Absolutely.

And I certainly might be hyperbolizing here, but i think he scored one of the biggest Ranger goals in the past 12 years of so

(Game 3 OT winner vs Buffalo in the 2007 playoffs)
Huge goal. I think that playoff series is the closest we've gotten in a long, long time.

Then the following game Drury has to score that goal and give Sather a hard-on. Sather signs him and he doesn't play to his ability for us. If we aren't cursed I don't know who is.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
TrojanRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Yeah during the 06-07 and 07-08 playoffs, opposing teams were taking Runs at Rozsival because they knew he was our top defenseman.
His performance during the 07 playoffs was the best I've ever seen him play. He was skating with a bad leg/hip too IIRC.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Huge goal. I think that playoff series is the closest we've gotten in a long, long time.

Then the following game Drury has to score that goal and give Sather a hard-on. Sather signs him and he doesn't play to his ability for us. If we aren't cursed I don't know who is.
Yep. We were 7.7 seconds away from a 3-2 series lead against, I think the president trophy winners, and a possible trip to the ECF.

Sucks that Nylander had to leave, Prucha had to suck and our offense had to go to hell for the next 3 seasons.