HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Michal Rozsival appreciation thread (2013 STANLEY CUP CHAMPION)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
10-25-2010, 12:46 PM
  #576
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy
 
Staals Eye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 826
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevesis View Post
Rozsival is still soft as a pillow and can't skate to save his life. He is EASILY replaceable.
You must not be watching the games man. It's not that easy to replace some one who logs the minutes, and plays as well as Rozy does. Take your blinders off!

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 12:52 PM
  #577
TrueBlueNorwegian
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Country: Norway
Posts: 352
vCash: 500
6 pts in 7 games!!! Iīd say thatīs pretty good for a D-man.

Good job Rozie.

TrueBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
  #578
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlueNorwegian View Post
6 pts in 7 games!!! Iīd say thatīs pretty good for a D-man.

Good job Rozie.
Add TOI of 25:14 a game.

Definitely our #1 defenseman this season.

Haters will hate.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:13 PM
  #579
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It's a shame so many Rangers fans don't know much about hockey. Otherwise they could appreciate a player like Rozsival.
Weren't you and Puckface Avery against Rozsival?I could be wrong.

It's great reading this threads evolution from the beginning.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:22 PM
  #580
JimmyStart*
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueshirt Special View Post
I hear what you're saying, and I agree that it is probably time to give the fans a chance to show some appreiation for Rozy.

But the comparisons you are making are a bit off. Arod? Steinbrenner?
As I said in a previous post, there have never the been HUGE expectations from Rozy that would justify the boos. If Ovechkin came to NY and scored only 30 goals, he would get booed big time, and I don't think anyone would object.
He did literally point out it's a broad comparison himself so why are you pointing it out as if he didn't already point it out himself?

I also agree with him. Roszi did something to earn boos it's not like fans just decided to hate on him. Some are xtending it too far and that's an issue. As far as I go is his salary will make it difficult for us to re-sign certain players and sign others. In that regard I'd have no prob if he was traded even though yes his absence will hit the blueline. I don't think it will as muchh as some seem to imply though but that's just my opinion.

His play is inconsistent and below what it should be for his money so fans boo him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
his play has been more than enough of a reason

this is a bulls@#$t argument

the fans are acting like *******s....plain and simple, and thats all there really is to it
His play has not been more than enough reason. His play is overall not terrible but it's also frustrating often and is a microchasm of management issues so some o0f the anger gets directed at him b/c of that. You should be able to recognize that even if you disagree with it.

JimmyStart* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
  #581
Rangerfans
Registered User
 
Rangerfans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger de FLA View Post
Add TOI of 25:14 a game.

Definitely our #1 defenseman this season.

Haters will hate.
Of course they will. They're Ranger fans. Once they have it in their minds that they either "like" or "hate" a player, nothing will change their stubborn, little minds.

It's pathetic.

I am not the biggest Rozy fan, but he's been playing some damn good hockey.

Rangerfans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:19 PM
  #582
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Weren't you and Puckface Avery against Rozsival?I could be wrong.

It's great reading this threads evolution from the beginning.
There is a lot of good stuff in there. Including me being shouted down for saying Sauer could make the team .

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:35 PM
  #583
Blueshirt Special
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Blueshirt Special's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 3,204
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deriik2020 View Post
He did literally point out it's a broad comparison himself so why are you pointing it out as if he didn't already point it out himself?

I also agree with him. Roszi did something to earn boos it's not like fans just decided to hate on him. Some are xtending it too far and that's an issue. As far as I go is his salary will make it difficult for us to re-sign certain players and sign others. In that regard I'd have no prob if he was traded even though yes his absence will hit the blueline. I don't think it will as muchh as some seem to imply though but that's just my opinion.

His play is inconsistent and below what it should be for his money so fans boo him.



His play has not been more than enough reason. His play is overall not terrible but it's also frustrating often and is a microchasm of management issues so some o0f the anger gets directed at him b/c of that. You should be able to recognize that even if you disagree with it.
So what are YOU saying? That he already pointed out that what he pointed out shouldn't have been pointed and so I shouldn't have pointed out what he poitned out that didn't need pointing out? What's YOUR point?

"His play is inconsistent and below what it should be for his money so fans boo him." This is complete dookey

Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 05:15 PM
  #584
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR
 
CHGoalie27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: SoFLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,850
vCash: 500
He has sucked in the past with some major F-ups...that many people aren't booing him because they want to boo someone collectively for the sake of booing....

His mindset and quickness of late has been outstanding, I hope nobody would argue that....as long as he keeps physical as well.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 05:46 PM
  #585
FOXHOUND*
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Woodside, Queens
Country: United States
Posts: 3,507
vCash: 500
I can't argue with the points the guy has been putting up
People here know I'm not a huge Roszival fan but I'm glad he's doing what he's doing right now and hope he keeps it up.

FOXHOUND* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 06:58 PM
  #586
JeffMangum
~anger~
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,959
vCash: 50
People do realize if we trade Rosi, Eminger or Gilroy will get top-4 minutes, right?

JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:19 PM
  #587
Sad London Ranger
RIP Boogie
 
Sad London Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: london england
Posts: 2,455
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to Sad London Ranger
how old is he again 33-34?

One could say he has still the best years as a D ahead of him

Sad London Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:46 PM
  #588
Pizza
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 10,071
vCash: 500
The momentum has been swinging against Rosi for a couple of season's now.

It's brutal to jeer a guy when he's playing well, but if he keeps up his solid play the fans will come around.

Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:51 PM
  #589
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
The momentum has been swinging against Rosi for a couple of season's now.

It's brutal to jeer a guy when he's playing well, but if he keeps up his solid play the fans will come around.
Hes been a solid player for the Rangers for 5+ years now.

The saddest part is his praising his play has to come with conditions like "...if he keeps it up"

Hes been a good soldier here and is the longest tenured Ranger along with Lundqvist, yet he gets treated like complete **** by the fanbase.

Its actually kind of sad.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 02:11 PM
  #590
mullichicken25
Registered User
 
mullichicken25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,583
vCash: 500
^ id be more inclined to say embarassing and pathetic

mullichicken25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:08 PM
  #591
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
If he keeps shooting the puck, he'll easily score 15+ goals.

Still, wouldn't be good enough...

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:22 PM
  #592
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullichicken25 View Post
^ id be more inclined to say embarassing and pathetic
What gets me are the people who go ga-ga over Sauer and bash Rozsival (and dont get me wrong, I like Sauer's game and think he deserves more ice-time).

Sauer plays about 9 minutes a game against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines and its "OMG hes so damn solid out there," which is fine - a little much, but fine. Meanwhile Rozsival has been logging big minutes probably since most of these people started watching hockey and not only get no recognition, but gets continually bashed by a large portion of the fanbase.

Youre right, it is embarassing and pathetic more than anything.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:34 PM
  #593
Florida Ranger
Bring back Torts!
 
Florida Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Tampa, FLA
Country: United States
Posts: 6,002
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
What gets me are the people who go ga-ga over Sauer and bash Rozsival (and dont get me wrong, I like Sauer's game and think he deserves more ice-time).

Sauer plays about 9 minutes a game against other teams' 3rd and 4th lines and its "OMG hes so damn solid out there," which is fine - a little much, but fine. Meanwhile Rozsival has been logging big minutes probably since most of these people started watching hockey and not only get no recognition, but gets continually bashed by a large portion of the fanbase.

Youre right, it is embarassing and pathetic more than anything.
Bingo.

Great post.

Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:42 PM
  #594
HVPOLARBEARS19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: NY
Country: Israel
Posts: 2,055
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
He drives me nuts. I will admit, I hate him more than I should, but certain things he does just make drive me insane. It seems like he always is taking a lazy penalty (holding, hooking, tripping) at such inopportune times. I guess there is no way to scientifically prove that he takes more penalties at more inopportune times than other players, but Jesus does it seem like it.

Also, his shot seems to go wide of the net like 85% of the time, which is annoying.

Lastly, he has inexcusable defensive lapses way too often, like against the Devils where he almost cost us the tying goal late in the game.

He did do some positive things, I saw him muscle several Devils off the puck, and the angles he takes when defending a player are generally good. To me, it seems like he just doesn't have a very good hockey IQ...too often he makes a complete WTF play...I'm not talking about him pinching and getting caught late in the game trying to tie it up, or just getting beat by a player who makes a good move, but sometimes it seems like his brain just completely freezes.

Perhaps that is what bothers me the most...that skill-wise, he's not brutal at all, but sometimes he makes mistakes that I learned not to do when I was a mite.

That being said, I do realize that I probably do not give him enough credit when he does make a good play, so I'll give you that, and try to be more mindful when he does...that's my Halloween Resolution.

HVPOLARBEARS19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:51 PM
  #595
HockeyBasedNYC
Registered User
 
HockeyBasedNYC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Here
Country: United States
Posts: 12,954
vCash: 500
What a lot of fans conveniently forget or ignore (or just plain don't recognize) is that despite his inconsistent play at times, when it really counts he shows up.

Rozy's a gamer.

For a few seasons now when the Rangers have been involved in their late season runs to get to the playoffs, he's been one of the best defenseman on the team logging huge minutes, and when the Rangers made the playoffs he was a very good performer including some very timely goals.

Furthermore, the guy takes an absolute beating and seldom is out of the lineup. If Gaborik had half the injuries he's had, we would never see him on the ice.

I'm not saying the guy is Chris Pronger, hes just been a good soldier for this team when the **** hits the fan.

HockeyBasedNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:55 PM
  #596
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Yeah during the 06-07 and 07-08 playoffs, opposing teams were taking Runs at Rozsival because they knew he was our top defenseman.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:04 PM
  #597
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 15,111
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyBasedNYC View Post
What a lot of fans conveniently forget or ignore (or just plain don't recognize) is that despite his inconsistent play at times, when it really counts he shows up.

Rozy's a gamer.

For a few seasons now when the Rangers have been involved in their late season runs to get to the playoffs, he's been one of the best defenseman on the team logging huge minutes, and when the Rangers made the playoffs he was a very good performer including some very timely goals.

Furthermore, the guy takes an absolute beating and seldom is out of the lineup. If Gaborik had half the injuries he's had, we would never see him on the ice.

I'm not saying the guy is Chris Pronger, hes just been a good soldier for this team when the **** hits the fan.
Absolutely.

And I certainly might be hyperbolizing here, but i think he scored one of the biggest Ranger goals in the past 12 years of so

(Game 3 OT winner vs Buffalo in the 2007 playoffs)

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:10 PM
  #598
hpNYR
HF Forecaster
 
hpNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Burbank, CA
Country: Armenia
Posts: 7,100
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
Absolutely.

And I certainly might be hyperbolizing here, but i think he scored one of the biggest Ranger goals in the past 12 years of so

(Game 3 OT winner vs Buffalo in the 2007 playoffs)
Huge goal. I think that playoff series is the closest we've gotten in a long, long time.

Then the following game Drury has to score that goal and give Sather a hard-on. Sather signs him and he doesn't play to his ability for us. If we aren't cursed I don't know who is.

hpNYR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:11 PM
  #599
TrojanRanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Van down by theriver
Posts: 1,049
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy Duke of NY View Post
Yeah during the 06-07 and 07-08 playoffs, opposing teams were taking Runs at Rozsival because they knew he was our top defenseman.
His performance during the 07 playoffs was the best I've ever seen him play. He was skating with a bad leg/hip too IIRC.

TrojanRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 05:14 PM
  #600
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,931
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Huge goal. I think that playoff series is the closest we've gotten in a long, long time.

Then the following game Drury has to score that goal and give Sather a hard-on. Sather signs him and he doesn't play to his ability for us. If we aren't cursed I don't know who is.
Yep. We were 7.7 seconds away from a 3-2 series lead against, I think the president trophy winners, and a possible trip to the ECF.

Sucks that Nylander had to leave, Prucha had to suck and our offense had to go to hell for the next 3 seasons.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2014 All Rights Reserved.