HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

I'm drooling over your Goaltending

Old
10-25-2010, 02:43 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

vCash: 500
I'm drooling over your Goaltending

Hey guys, friendly Oilers fan here.

I'm really curious about your guys goaltending. Where did this Lindback kid come from? How do you guys expect the goaltending battle to play out?

Will it be an even split between him and Rinne?

Thanks for your time!

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Marsh View Post

I'm really curious about your guys goaltending. Where did this Lindback kid come from? How do you guys expect the goaltending battle to play out?

Thanks for your time!
Pretty sure Rinne is going to get 55 & Lindback about 27 ... give or take a few due to injuries/back to backs

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Lindback has been a real surprise to pretty much all of us too. Yes, he's good, but Rinne is clearly better at this point, and will get at least 50 games (if he stays healthy, obviosuly)

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Soundgarden

vCash: 562
Lindback played on the same team as Markstrom last year, if I'm not mistaken. Rinne will be the starter for the majority of the games, unless injuries occur.

Soundgarden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 02:58 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Marsh View Post

Thanks for your time!
Rinne is the clear cut No. 1. There is zero controversy. As a matter of fact, last night was scheduled to be Lindback's first game before Pekks was injured in the season opener. Lindback has definitely been a great surprise, but he's humble and a very good student. He's here to learn and realizes that right now his role is to be the backup/understudy and he's very appreciative of that opportunity.

Pekka will get around 55-60 starts, provided he's healthy, and Lindback will pickup the rest.

As for where he came from...another late round pick out of Europe (Skrastins, Erat, Rinne, Hornqvist, now Lindback) who was playing behind Jacob Markstrom and a vet, but who showed a lot of raw talent. The following year he started as the backup for Markstrom, but finished as the No. 1 goalie with Markstrom backing him up. Then last year he moved to a new team where he was the clear No. 1 and lead them to the SEL playoffs and finished out the year at the World Championships with Sweden.

FWIW, Lindback has risen from an initial rank of No. 80 at The Goalie Guild's long term prospect rankings to No. 8 at the start of October and continues to rise. They couldn't stop tweeting how impressed they were with Lindback yesterday...

Seth Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Tapp

For the Oilers fan, Lindbäck was the starter for Timrå last year. He was teammates with Magnus Pääjärvi.

Tapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:39 PM
hockey_socks

Heheh. Fans across the league must be thinking Nashville's a goalie factory by now.

Yeh, I gotta admit Lindback's been a real surprise. I had no idea what kinda situation we'd have for a backup goalie this season...definitely a sigh of relief at this point.

hockey_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 10:44 AM
kakemono

Rinne is clearly better and is a clear #1. He is the most clear #1 we have had since Vokoun.

We would have lost in Dallas with Lindback. Not saying anything bad about Lindback by saying this, but Rinne is criminally underrated.

kakemono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 11:54 AM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundgarden View Post
Lindback played on the same team as Markstrom last year, if I'm not mistaken. Rinne will be the starter for the majority of the games, unless injuries occur.
I think that Lindback is a huge hidden gem and I bet if he was given a fair chance, he would have beaten out Markstrom as head goalie. Why do you think he made the NHL his first year in North America? Because the preds gave him fair chance!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakemono View Post
Rinne is clearly better and is a clear #1. He is the most clear #1 we have had since Vokoun.

We would have lost in Dallas with Lindback. Not saying anything bad about Lindback by saying this, but Rinne is criminally underrated.
I doubt that very much. Did you not watch Lindback against the lightning? tampa is also 2nd in the NHL in points and just bombarded the crap out of Anders. I think he would have stopped the fewer shots Dallas threw on net for sure!

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 12:15 PM
TMI
Mod Supervisor

I didn't see the entire game against Tampa, but Linds did let up three goals. We only scored one in Dallas. I think kakemono's opinion is fair.

TMI is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 01:06 PM
dulzhok

It's early. Rinne is the clear #1 right now, but goalies are tend to be volatile. Last year Boston couldnt' give Tim Tomas away after winning the Vezina in 2009. Now, his stock is back up. There are countless other examples of a goalie playing great one year, and then losing it the next. And in some cases, they eventually regain their mojo.

Hopefully Rinne maintains his level of play from last year, but if he doesn't, good to know Lindback seems pretty decent himself.

Too early to say that Rinne will play 70 games. Sure, injuries is one consideration. But the other is if he isn't playing well... which is always a possibility for any goalie.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 03:19 PM
jstreet

vCash: 50
we'll put it this way, Rinne is the sure bet #1. Nobody will take that away from him.

but, where have I heard that 3 times before?

jstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 04:43 PM
PredaDORES
**** you Dale Tallon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
I think that Lindback is a huge hidden gem and I bet if he was given a fair chance, he would have beaten out Markstrom as head goalie. Why do you think he made the NHL his first year in North America? Because the preds gave him fair chance!

Maybe because we traded our backup goaltender during the offseason and there was a free-for-all competition during training camp for the open position? But yes, you are correct; the Predators did give him a fair chance.

PredaDORES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 06:39 PM
lightning_legwand*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredaDORES View Post
Maybe because we traded our backup goaltender during the offseason and there was a free-for-all competition during training camp for the open position? But yes, you are correct; the Predators did give him a fair chance.

We could have very easily signed an NHL experienced goalie as our back-up, or put in Dekanich who has been in North American.... his whole life!

Pretty amazing he made it, especially being such a low draft pick and as I mentioned before, his first year in North America.

I think he is the goalie of the future, he is also 5 years younger than Peks. I was really high on Pickard before, but he is not doing much of anything, I hope he is not part two of Brian Finley.....

lightning_legwand* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 02:19 PM
IngloriusBuzzards

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightning_legwand View Post
We could have very easily signed an NHL experienced goalie as our back-up, or put in Dekanich who has been in North American.... his whole life!

Pretty amazing he made it, especially being such a low draft pick and as I mentioned before, his first year in North America.

I think he is the goalie of the future, he is also 5 years younger than Peks. I was really high on Pickard before, but he is not doing much of anything, I hope he is not part two of Brian Finley.....
I have sources (good sources) who say get ready for "Finley part2". Word is the coaching staff is already considering Chet a bust. Shows no signs of early development. But who knows what the actual outcome may be.... Time may tell a different story, but not looking good.

IngloriusBuzzards is offline   Reply With Quote