HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Preds Youth Hockey Investment

Old
10-26-2010, 08:42 PM
jlsg

vCash: 500
Preds Youth Hockey Investment

As a youth hockey coach I just want to say thanks to the Preds organization for the contribution they made today to middle TN youth and amateur hockey. One thing that the Dallas Stars did right was invest in youth hockey when they hit town. I often wonder what the state of youth and amateur hockey would be in today in Nashville if the Preds former ownership had invested a fraction of what the Stars did. Adding Jeff Cogen to the management team might be the second best thing that's happened to this organization, the first being the ownership change.

Thank you Predators ownership and management team.

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 09:38 PM
JR303

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsg View Post
As a youth hockey coach I just want to say thanks to the Preds organization for the contribution they made today to middle TN youth and amateur hockey. One thing that the Dallas Stars did right was invest in youth hockey when they hit town. I often wonder what the state of youth and amateur hockey would be in today in Nashville if the Preds former ownership had invested a fraction of what the Stars did. Adding Jeff Cogen to the management team might be the second best thing that's happened to this organization, the first being the ownership change.

Thank you Predators ownership and management team.
Well said. Although my kids don't participate in it (yet) it's how the sport will grow around here even more. Was glad to hear about this.

JR303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 10:01 PM
MattPreds37

It was nice to see so many little kids at the predators practice today, It will be great to see all those kids at the predators games as adults in 10- 15 years cheering on the hometown team in a packed house at the Bridgestone Arena, or even putting the biscuit in the basket in a preds sweater.

MattPreds37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-26-2010, 10:31 PM
nine_inch_fang

Send a message via Yahoo to nine_inch_fang
To add to JSLG's op this deal has been in the works for quite some time now(before the new management additions) but never the less something this team should have been doing for a long time.

This money is basically already spent. When Southern Ice, now AGame, was built the refrigeration system was a used pieced together train wreck and the craftsmanship on the installation was even worse. That system has been an albatross around the neck of that facility for years and without this money would have caused 2 of the 4 sheets of ice in Nashville to disappear.

Currently the ice is being cooled by two portable chillers while a brand new state of the art refrigeration system is being installed. This new system and the rental cost of the portables is essentially being paid for by the Predators. A huge debt of gratitude is owed to the Predators for saving our ice.

nine_inch_fang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 06:36 AM
jlsg

Anyone who skates at A-Game knows exactly what that money is going to be used for, no doubt about that. I think the more important part is how they did it. It sends the message that youth and amateur hockey is important. I feel that previous ownership wouldn't have lifted a finger to help. It also helps that some of the current ownership group played youth hockey here in Nashville. Sooner or later I'm going to get one of them back out for the occasional breakfast club

jlsg is offline   Reply With Quote