HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

Interesting article The Hockey News about the Sens

Old
10-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Hale The Villain

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
He's right
Fact.

Hale The Villain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:18 PM
Lexicon Devil

vCash: 500
Wow, an I-told-you-so hit job after just eight games. How interesting.

Lexicon Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:19 PM
itscameron

I refuse to read an article from THN

itscameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 10:34 PM
Prattalot

I didn't like the way it was said but its honestly not that far off the mark. Our options for this year are pretty limited so its up to the players we have to get it going.

Prattalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:08 PM
DylanSensFan
Walk On!

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by theyellowsub View Post
Quite frankly we're what, several games into the season? Screw this guy, screw the hockey news, screw and other sports broadcasters saying I told you so.

A season can turn around fast and we aren't anywhere near done. Pascal Leclaire will be fine and I dunno what the hell he's talking about when mentioning Spezza, who has looked head a tails above what he did in last years start. When Spezza returns I hope he tears the east an new arse, and makes this writer look like the idiot that he is.

DylanSensFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-24-2010, 11:21 PM
Yelnats Puc
Brust 'em up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itscameron View Post
I refuse to read an article from THN
LOL! You can add me to that list. Which I think says a lot because I've subscribed to THN since 2002.

THN is becoming more irrelevant every year. I mean, there's nothing overly wrong with most of the comments in the article, it's just none of them are news to anyone who even slightly follows this team. Add that to the petty "told you so" shot at the beginning of the article, and you get a good idea why no one cares about THN anymore.

Yelnats Puc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 01:01 AM
arglebargle

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fuhr View Post
He's right
Only because they've picked Ottawa to be one of the worst teams in the east in each of the last 3 seasons. It's like saying it's going to rain for four days and then being all impressed with yourself when it finally rains on the last day.

**** THN. They don't have anything insightful to say at all, ever.

arglebargle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:30 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylanSensFan View Post
Quite frankly we're what, several games into the season? Screw this guy, screw the hockey news, screw and other sports broadcasters saying I told you so.

A season can turn around fast and we aren't anywhere near done. Pascal Leclaire will be fine and I dunno what the hell he's talking about when mentioning Spezza, who has looked head a tails above what he did in last years start. When Spezza returns I hope he tears the east an new arse, and makes this writer look like the idiot that he is.
5 games, 5 pts (2nd on team), 61% face off, +1 (best on team along with Lee), 0 (yes that's zero) giveaways.

Totally agree, nothing wrong with Jason's game this year bar the fact he's not been in 3 of them.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:35 AM
The Fuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by arglebargle View Post
Only because they've picked Ottawa to be one of the worst teams in the east in each of the last 3 seasons. It's like saying it's going to rain for four days and then being all impressed with yourself when it finally rains on the last day.

**** THN. They don't have anything insightful to say at all, ever.
2-8 playoff record + 1 year missed

Not like Ottawas been good

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:40 AM
enviro61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
5 games, 5 pts (2nd on team), 61% face off, +1 (best on team along with Lee), 0 (yes that's zero) giveaways.

Totally agree, nothing wrong with Jason's game this year bar the fact he's not been in 3 of them.
I'm a Spezza homer and I clearly recall a brutal turnover his first game back in our zone that lead to a goal. Facepalms all around.

enviro61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviro61 View Post
I'm a Spezza homer and I clearly recall a brutal turnover his first game back in our zone that lead to a goal. Facepalms all around.
I was just taking it from the NHL stats page, maybe they thought it was an assist?

If you're talking about Kulemin's goal, I think he was just ridden off the puck. He didn't give it away.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 09:19 AM
Bileur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
Did they admit they were wrong last year? The winning streak thing is so lame.
That's what pisses me off. Where was the open apology to sens fans last season? 8 games into the season they are ready to pump their own tires but after 82 last year they were nowhere to be found.

Bileur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 12:31 PM
bert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post

How does he have zero i think we all watched the first period against Toronto.

Regardless his stats are ok but he can play alot better

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-25-2010, 12:41 PM
Suiteness

Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Regardless his stats are ok but he can play alot better
Seriously, I did a double take when I saw that he was point per game. He was a non factor in both of our wins (he obviously didn't play the Buffalo game) and he really didn't stick out in any of the games this year. Didn't he score in the Leafs game when were down 5-0 or something?

Suiteness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 09:10 AM
Flamingo

Three more wins, and we can all write letters to THN to say, "Oh YEAH?!!??"

I look forward to a season-long volley of I-told-ya-so vs. are-you-kidding-me?

Flamingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-27-2010, 09:49 AM
trentmccleary

Quote:
Senators fans were pretty upset we picked their team to finish 10th in the East and let it be known fairly vociferously. I wonder what they’re saying now?
We would be saying that it's way too early to gloat... unless you truly believe that New Jersey is going to finish 15th in the EC. Nope, guess not.

Quote:
Center Jason Spezza was rumored to be on the block during the summer. He comes with a $7-million cap hit and a penchant for playing a game closer to that of a shinny star than of a responsible NHLer.
Hyperbole. He scores and plays well enough defensively to earn his ice time and paycheque. He doesn't need to win a Selke.

Quote:
would the Sens be willing to deal with the archrival Maple Leafs
Why would Ottawa be trading core players to Toronto for picks & prospects? ... Have you been drinking?

Quote:
Alex Kovalev counts for $5 million and is the poster boy for what ails Ottawa.
Alex Kovalev has been the poster boy for every negative story coming out about Ottawa. Sucks to have him at such a wasteful salary... but his presence on the team isn't a signal that the team is suddenly filled with old, overpaid, underachieving, 1-way burnouts. We have one of those and he's gone this summer.

I also find it kind of funny that he praises Leclaire earlier in the article because he was good for 2 games to start the year. Leclaire would have to put up one hell of a performance to match Kovalev to this point in their Ottawa Senators careers.

Quote:
The Senators may again put together an 11-game winning streak to vault themselves into the post-season, as they did last year, but I’m not counting on it.
Do you somehow believe that the real team was the one that was haemorrhaging games on long losing streaks while many key players were sidelined with injuries?

trentmccleary is online now   Reply With Quote