HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

10/27/10 Islanders @ Canadiens 7:30PM EDT TSN (HD),RDS (HD),MSG PLUS 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2010, 01:30 PM
c hand 29*

vCash: 500
Why do so many of you hate Darche so much?
He plays very well away from the puck and does all the little things right. Just because he is not as flashy offensively as Boyd, it does not mean he isn't as good.

He does the boring stuff we don't notice, but his veteran presence is useful to the lineup.

Old
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
He plays very well away from the puck and does all the little things right. Just because he is not as flashy offensively as Boyd, it does not mean he isn't as good.

He does the boring stuff we don't notice, but his veteran presence is useful to the lineup.
I find around these boards people tend to stick to majority opinions and drive them into the ground without thinking too much about it. Especially when it comes to older players. Their importance on a team in terms of those special details you hear coaches talk about is exremely underrated on these boards.

Personally, I agree with you. Darche has done his job very well. He also played with Halpern in Tbay so there is some chemistry and a lot of veteran experience there. That and I think that if the coaching staff is playing him there instead of someone else I tend to go with the "they must know what they are doing" attitude. At first glance I thought Boyd was bringing energy and I liked what I saw, but there must be something defensively he isn't doing and I trust the coaching staff we have in place when it comes to making these decisions. Expecially when we are winning.

Old
10-27-2010, 01:37 PM
Myron Gaines*
Trop Giou

I never question JM's decisions, but I don't get why Boyd is scratched...maybe he's injured or something? I think he was playing great, constantly taking the puck to the net.

Old
10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
Ollie Williams

vCash: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoseLa View Post
Pouliot on the fourth... it could make such a fantastic 3rd line if Pouliot would play alonside Eller and Lapierre.
I would definitely try it but it seems Martin isn't too eager to play multiple rookies on the same line.

Old
10-27-2010, 01:38 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
I find around these boards people tend to stick to majority opinions and drive them into the ground without thinking too much about it. Especially when it comes to older players. Their importance on a team in terms of those special details you hear coaches talk about is exremely underrated on these boards.

Personally, I agree with you. Darche has done his job very well. He also played with Halpern in Tbay so there is some chemistry and a lot of veteran experience there. That and I think that if the coaching staff is playing him there instead of someone else I tend to go with the "they must know what they are doing" attitude. At first glance I thought Boyd was bringing energy and I liked what I saw, but there must be something defensively he isn't doing and I trust the coaching staff we have in place when it comes to making these decisions. Expecially when we are winning.
Well put, Jigger77. I agree on the Boyd opinion, I think Boyd showed some good things but there must be little things he lacks that the regular fan does not notice. We need to appreciate Darche more because of his willingness to do the less flashy and more boring, necessary and useful little things that helps the team win games.

Also, as the media has been repeating a lot lately, why fix something that isn't broken? (Or something like that haha)

Old
10-27-2010, 01:47 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Habs 6-2

Kostitsyn x 2, Cammalleri x 2, Lapierre, Gionta

Preview for tonight's game :

So refreshing to hear McGuire and Dubé!

Last edited by Vanek20: 10-27-2010 at 02:08 PM.
Old
10-27-2010, 01:50 PM
Rise from the Ashes
@JoelGabbayNHL

Send a message via MSN to Rise from the Ashes
While I would like to see Pouliot on the 3rd with Eller and Lapierre. It is encouraging to see that Martin is now going to be using Eller as a center.

Old
10-27-2010, 01:53 PM
ChoseLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie Williams View Post
I would definitely try it but it seems Martin isn't too eager to play multiple rookies on the same line.
He might be right about that though. But the three of them are playing responsibly since the begining of the season.

Old
10-27-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:

I don't hate Darche...I just think he's not an NHL player. He's an average AHL'er IMO.

He works hard and does the simple things on the ice, but doesn't bring any added value to the team IMO.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:06 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
I don't hate Darche...I just think he's not an NHL player. He's an average AHL'er IMO.

He works hard and does the simple things on the ice, but doesn't bring any added value to the team IMO.
Same here.

A player like Darche is easily replaceable. Put him on waivers, im sure nobody will pick him up. Every teams has a tons on Darche. He's not a fast skater, he's not physical, he don't have a good shot etc.. etc.. he's a very very average guy. Nothing against him but its like that.

I rather have a guy like White, at least, he brings something to the team.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:09 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rated R Superstar View Post
I never question JM's decisions, but I don't get why Boyd is scratched...maybe he's injured or something? I think he was playing great, constantly taking the puck to the net.
Okay before I say anything hurtful I'll just let you know that I know what you meant. You mean there must be something behind the scenes we don't know about, an injury, maybe a trade, some reason other than the obvious why he isn't being played.

But I just found the sentence funny. I don't question JM's decisions... BUT WHY THE **** IS BOYD SCRATCHED! zomggggg!1!1!11

Old
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
gusfring

Quote:

Exactly. When you're a career minor leaguer, there's a reason for it.

He may be a hard worker and a great guy, and I'm sure he is, but I don't want him on my NHL team.

Last edited by gusfring: 10-27-2010 at 02:21 PM.
Old
10-27-2010, 02:12 PM
neofury*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Same here.

A player like Darche is easily replaceable. Put him on waivers, im sure nobody will pick him up. Every teams has a tons on Darche. He's not a fast skater, he's not physical, he don't have a good shot etc.. etc.. he's a very very average guy. Nothing against him but its like that.

I rather have a guy like White, at least, he brings something to the team.
In his defense I'd be willing to say his shot is better than most people think. But he isn't on our team for that role and right now imo I think the team would benefit greatly by having 3 offensive lines and 1 checking. Adding Boyd over Darche could make that happen. That's my personal reasoning for wanting Darche out, and I think White could add more to the team in general as well.

But like others have mentioned - have faith in your coach. If he's doing something that seems a bit sketch, chances are he's doing it for a reason.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:27 PM
11Goat11
Inside her

I do not hate Darche and appreciate his contributions to the club. Having said that, I have seen more in Boyd's game this year and last that makes me prefer him in the lineup.

Anyways I hope the boys don't take tonight lightly and keep the streak going, and I also hope Nino gets his head taken off in a completely legal and non suspendable way

Old
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
Exactly. When you're a career minor leaguer, there's a reason for it.

He may be a hard worker and a great guy, and I'm sure he is, but I don't want him on my NHL team.
well ill be damned, nittany is one of the molson brothers.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:42 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
But I just found the sentence funny. I don't question JM's decisions... BUT WHY THE **** IS BOYD SCRATCHED! zomggggg!1!1!11
I just hope he will really play well one of those days.

that way, we are gonna say: "That's a good Boyd"

Old
10-27-2010, 02:43 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

Same here problem is we have too many of players like Darche,Gauthier needs to do something about it,either go out and get that top 6 winger or tell Martin use Pouliot or Eller and go with it for a while not 2-3 games

Old
10-27-2010, 02:46 PM
Davebo
beep beep

Quote:
Point out where folks are hating Darche.

Thought not...

We're concerned about the coaches decision to dress him, and discussing what he brings. You're the only one flying off the handle.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 50
Episode III: Revenge of the Swiss?

Old
10-27-2010, 02:48 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:

No one hates Darche,no one wants to see him in the top 6

Old
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
Erik Estrada
One Country United!

Go Habs! Go Price!

Old
10-27-2010, 02:55 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davebo View Post
Point out where folks are hating Darche.

Thought not...

We're concerned about the coaches decision to dress him, and discussing what he brings. You're the only one flying off the handle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
No one hates Darche,no one wants to see him in the top 6
Oh come on guys, get real. It is the newest thing to complain about Darche being in the lineup instead of some young kids like Boyd or White.

Habs 4 Life, everyone is complaining about him being in the lineup in general, even in the bottom six, over the players I previously mentioned. Obviously Martin sees the benefit of having a player like him in the lineup over the others.

It's as if just because a player is young and has some offensive flair every now and then, he is better than a solid veteran who does all the little things right.

Granted, Darche won't be as solid offensively. But I like having him in the bottom six, we need a player like him to play effectively in the tough areas, (again)doing all the little things right and not getting all fancy. He played his way into the lineup last season, and just because White had a great pre-season it does not mean he will be as effective during the full season as an NHL player. The same goes for Boyd, who also still needs to get used to the system.

Old
10-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
Oh come on guys, get real. It is the newest thing to complain about Darche being in the lineup instead of some young kids like Boyd or White.
Habs 4 Life, everyone is complaining about him being in the lineup in general over the players I previously mentioned.

It's as if just because a player is young and has some offensive flair every now and then, he is better than a solid veteran who does all the little things right.

Granted, Darche won't be as solid offensively. But I like having him in the bottom six, we need a player like him to play effectively in the tough areas, doing all the little things right and not getting all fancy.
Well I ain't part of the everyone hate on Darche and have absolutely no problem with him being in the lineup but I do have a problem with him being in the top 6.Martin should also use Eller for example in an offensive situation (top 6) instead of being conservative and playing guys like Pyatt or Darche in that role

Old
10-27-2010, 02:59 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
Well I ain't part of the everyone hate on Darche and have absolutely no problem with him being in the lineup but I do have a problem with him being in the top 6.Martin should also use Eller for example in an offensive situation (top 6) instead of being conservative and playing guys like Pyatt or Darche in that role
I agree with you that Darche should not be in the top 6. I think he is a solid bottom six player for the Habs that gets little recognition because of the lack of offensive flair he has.

I also agree your opinion that Eller should be used in the top 6 over players like Darche, Pyatt and Moen. But we have to remember this will be his first full season in the NHL and Martin is known for developing great payers like Spezza so we shouldn't really nitpick at little things like this. Eller should be at least given a chance on the top 6, though.

Old
10-27-2010, 03:08 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

Quote:
I agree with you that Darche should not be in the top 6. I think he is a solid bottom six player for the Habs that gets little recognition because of the lack of offensive flair he has.

I also agree your opinion that Eller should be used in the top 6 over players like Darche, Pyatt and Moen. But we have to remember this will be his first full season in the NHL and Martin is known for developing great payers like Spezza so we shouldn't really nitpick at little things like this. Eller should be at least given a chance on the top 6, though.
Martin never developed Spezza,he never made him play because of his lack of defensive play which he is still horrible at today.For sure you try and make a player a complete one but when he is all offensive let him do what he can and slowly teach him the defensive part of the game not by scratching him like he did with Spezza.

Closed Thread