HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

10/27/10 Islanders @ Canadiens 7:30PM EDT TSN (HD),RDS (HD),MSG PLUS 2

Closed Thread

Old
10-27-2010, 03:10 PM

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
Oh come on guys, get real. It is the newest thing to complain about Darche being in the lineup instead of some young kids like Boyd or White.

Habs 4 Life, everyone is complaining about him being in the lineup in general, even in the bottom six, over the players I previously mentioned. Obviously Martin sees the benefit of having a player like him in the lineup over the others.

It's as if just because a player is young and has some offensive flair every now and then, he is better than a solid veteran who does all the little things right.

Granted, Darche won't be as solid offensively. But I like having him in the bottom six, we need a player like him to play effectively in the tough areas, (again)doing all the little things right and not getting all fancy. He played his way into the lineup last season, and just because White had a great pre-season it does not mean he will be as effective during the full season as an NHL player. The same goes for Boyd, who also still needs to get used to the system.
What value does he add to the bottom 6? This is why i can't wrap myself around the idea of Mathieu Darche being a in the NHL. I watch him play and to me, he just doesn't belong. I don't see what he brings on the ice, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't play PP, he doesn't fight, he's not a great skater, doesn't bring offense, for having decent size, he doesn't bring a physical edge on the forecheck.

So I often find myself wondering, why is #52 on the Habs?

The only reasons I find that are tangible is he's not going to complain when he's not in the lineup. Which to me, isn't a reason to keep a player.

Again, I don't mind Darche, I just fail to see what type of player he is...what's the difference between Mathieu Darche and Mike Glumac (who never got a shot, not that I care) for example?

Old
10-27-2010, 03:15 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
What value does he add to the bottom 6? This is why i can't wrap myself around the idea of Mathieu Darche being a in the NHL. I watch him play and to me, he just doesn't belong. I don't see what he brings on the ice, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't play PP, he doesn't fight, he's not a great skater, doesn't bring offense, for having decent size, he doesn't bring a physical edge on the forecheck.

The only reasons I find that are tangible is he's not going to complain when he's not in the lineup. Which to me, isn't a reason to keep a player.

Again, I don't mind Darche, I just fail to see what type of player he is...what's the difference between Mathieu Darche and Mike Glumac (who never got a shot, not that I care) for example?
That's a good question lol. Maybe his work ethic? his attitude with his teammates (always encouraging)? I don't mine having him on our team, honestly. The problem that I have is prefer him to Boyd...that's what I don't understand. Darche deserve his one way contract for all the hard work he had to go through his hole career. He now has 500K garanteed for this season and I'm happy for him, but JM has to realise that Boyd could bring to the team more than what Darche brings.

In other words, Darche as the 13th forward, I don't mine...but nothing more than that.

Old
10-27-2010, 03:16 PM
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston

Darche is on the team because putting White there is a waste to White's development.
Darche won't complain if he just gets randomly scratched, or moved around on the lines.
He's a good locker room guy who jokes around, will talk to the media after a loss and won't say "I need more ice time"
He won't make cliques amongst the players, won't hate and will give it all game in game out.

What I'm sure most of you, like me don't like is how Martin uses him and loves him.

Go habs go!

Old
10-27-2010, 03:17 PM
Kosti46

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittany View Post
I cannot believe that Darche is playing this much.
Surprising to be sure. And...Pyatt still on the 2nd line. I thought Martin wanted MORE scoring from that line not less.

But in the end..........we will win this. 4-2.

Kosti, Cammy, Poolie, and Gio all with goals for us.

Go Habs Go!

Old
10-27-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain G View Post
That's a good question lol. Maybe his work ethic? his attitude with his teammates (always encouraging)? I don't mine having him on our team, honestly. The problem that I have is prefer him to Boyd...that's what I don't understand. Darche deserve his one way contract for all the hard work he had to go through his hole career. He now has 500K garanteed for this season and I'm happy for him, but JM has to realise that Boyd could bring to the team more than what Darche brings.

In other words, Darche as the 13th forward, I don't mine...but nothing more than that.
If those are the qualities that make him an NHL'er...there's a TON of players in the AHL who could bring the same thing along with more on-ice qualities that could help this team beyond just being a cheerleader and someone who won't complain when he's not playing.

Again, not a knock on Darche, he is what he is...but to me, what he is, is an AHL player.

Not really a big deal @ 500K...it's just that when JM decides to shuffle his lineup with Pyatt/Boyd/Darche, i'd like to see one of those players bring something to the table, that the other doesn't.

Old
10-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

Quote:
If those are the qualities that make him an NHL'er...there's a TON of players in the AHL who could bring the same thing along with more on-ice qualities that could help this team beyond just being a cheerleader and someone who won't complain when he's not playing.

Again, not a knock on Darche, he is what he is...but to me, what he is, is an AHL player.

Not really a big deal @ 500K...it's just that when JM decides to shuffle his lineup with Pyatt/Boyd/Darche, i'd like to see one of those players bring something to the table, that the other doesn't.
Yeah i know...maybe not a big deal @ 500K but its not like he is making 3,833M (if you know what i mean hehe)
But yeah, he is maybe an AHL player but he's not a problem on our team until he plays on top lines. Keep him on the 3rd/4th/13th forward and he'll be fine, even though there is lots of people that could be better than him.

Old
10-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Next Best Thing*

argh, can the game start already

this whole Darche discussion is so pointless

Old
10-27-2010, 03:46 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Next Best Thing View Post
argh, can the game start already

this whole Darche discussion is so pointless
What? And miss the occasion to rant about something even if our team flirts with 1st position?

What kind of a Habs fan are you?

On that note:

Gainey

Old
10-27-2010, 03:50 PM
saints96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolkaTruesilver View Post
What? And miss the occasion to rant about something even if our team flirts with 1st position?

What kind of a Habs fan are you?

On that note:
Gainey
Price

been a while since hes gotten heat, thought i keep the status quo alive

Old
10-27-2010, 04:02 PM
subbanged
Gal-Sub-Price-Pacio

3-0 habs

Old
10-27-2010, 04:12 PM
clarke19

Did Boyd fire a puck at Martin at practice or something?

He has done NOTHING to be sat out for an extended period of time like this. Nobody on that rotation of 13th forward has shown anything special to keep sitting out Boyd.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:18 PM
SooperSingh

Boyd/O'byrne will be back in the lineup when we lose a game. Martin is just keeping the winning formula going

Old
10-27-2010, 04:19 PM
That Habs Fan
True Contenders.

vCash: 400
I am dead sure that one of our bottom 6 is being traded with a d-man for Bieksa, and it isn't Boyd so he's sitting out so everyone else can be showcased.

I've never seen as many media outlets guarantee a player coming to the habs, and Canucks are known to be after a low-salary bottom 6er.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:20 PM
twoism

if Darche's last name was Dawson, he wouldn't be logging this much ice time

Old
10-27-2010, 04:21 PM
habfan1968

vCash: 50
Could Martin be giving a bottom six guy a chance to play themselves out of the line up before bringing Boyd back in? We know what we are getting from Boyd, and we seem to all agree it is good. JM is seeing if someone else is going to be waived/traded.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
YMCMBeaulieu
A$AP MICHEL

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarke19 View Post
Did Boyd fire a puck at Martin at practice or something?

He has done NOTHING to be sat out for an extended period of time like this. Nobody on that rotation of 13th forward has shown anything special to keep sitting out Boyd.
Boyd should be ahead of not only Darche but Pyatt too, Boyd has some offensive talent unlike Pyatt, can play center and he's just as good on the PK.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:26 PM
Sebaldian

Cammy looks different today. Can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is though.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:29 PM
habsprospects
Irresponsible User

Quote:
Originally Posted by the vinyl version View Post
Cammy looks different today. Can't quite put my finger on what exactly it is though.

It's the cap, he switched his white biosteel's cap for a red nike's cap.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:31 PM
clarke19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernell Karl View Post
Boyd should be ahead of not only Darche but Pyatt too, Boyd has some offensive talent unlike Pyatt, can play center and he's just as good on the PK.
Exactly! and this winning formula isn't working for the 2nd line, which is where Boyd should be given a shot.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:32 PM
Sebaldian

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsprospects View Post
It's the cap, he switched his white biosteel's cap for a red nike's cap.
Ah, yes you're right that's it. Thanks for that, it was going to bug me all day.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:36 PM
InglewoodJack

vCash: 1340
Quote:

Pads are wider.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:49 PM
Sebaldian

I'm just gonna leave this here:

Old
10-27-2010, 04:51 PM
Charlie Milles*
Uh... Go Canucks?

Quote:

It took me a while to get it, but they have "Michael Cammalleri" when it's obvious Andreas Lilja.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:53 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
I'm just gonna leave this here:

Please, take it back.

Old
10-27-2010, 04:54 PM
c hand 29*

Quote:

The problem is that it is very hard to notice what Darche brings to the team, because he does all the little things that people don't usually notice. For example, he is always in the right place and plays really well away from the puck, something Martin loves in a player.

He is great positionally and helps in every area of the ice. He plays the type of game Martin preaches, reliable at every end of the ice, be it offensively, defensively or the neutral zone. Of course he isn't too spectacular offensively, but he is always in the right spot which is how he was able to make the team last year: He is willing to go to the places not many players on the team go, like in front of the net (many powerplay points from simply going to the net last season).

A player like Ryan White gave his hardest effort in the preseason but White will have to take time to learn to play the style Martin likes, which is a main reason Boyd is being benched. Darche is great in all aspects of the game Martin wants a player to be in, and is very useful in a bottom six role.

Last edited by c hand 29*: 10-27-2010 at 05:04 PM.
Closed Thread