HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Other Leagues > The AHL
The AHL Discuss the American Hockey League; its players, teams, and games.

West Division Finals: Chicago (W1) vs Cincinnati (W3)

Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2005, 08:48 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
Loans take place in the NHL... Cincy is taking a lot of liberties and the refs are letting them get away with it. Thats why "goons" like Kip are there to check (and Kip does it cleanly I may add) you're cheap shot artists. You said they wouldn't backdown or lose a fight... O'Brien has. Larose just scored a trick. This series is done. I've become a huge Wolves fan this year and Kip is one of my favorite players. In all fairness, Kip did back down once this series, but that was only because a Duck player threw off his gloves and it led to a powerplay for Chicago. Garnett is playing every bit as good as Kari. At least we'll see one Calder in Chicago this year.

Old
05-09-2005, 08:51 PM
DisgruntledHawkFan

Send a message via ICQ to DisgruntledHawkFan
On an aside, Chris Kunitz needs to get popped... He just took a chop at Larose's legs as he was changing and earlier in the game he smacked Garnett on the head with his stick and then skated away smirking.

Old
05-09-2005, 09:05 PM
X-SHARKIE

Send a message via AIM to X-SHARKIE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan
Loans take place in the NHL... Cincy is taking a lot of liberties and the refs are letting them get away with it. Thats why "goons" like Kip are there to check (and Kip does it cleanly I may add) you're cheap shot artists. You said they wouldn't backdown or lose a fight... O'Brien has. Larose just scored a trick. This series is done. I've become a huge Wolves fan this year and Kip is one of my favorite players. In all fairness, Kip did back down once this series, but that was only because a Duck player threw off his gloves and it led to a powerplay for Chicago. Garnett is playing every bit as good as Kari. At least we'll see one Calder in Chicago this year.
Yeah I agree, Kip has played well, and that fight he backed down from Saturday as a smart move, and the Wolves got a PP because of it.

Living in Janesville Wisconsin I have the option of being a Admirals fan or a Wolves fan, but the buzz from the fans, and that atmosphere that the Wolves bring at their home ice is great. The franchise is run by some smart people. Great pyro show to start off the game. Plus the team is talented with vets and youth.

BTW When is Lehtonen back? I think Garnett can only take this team so far, Rochester has a great offensive attack and Manitoba is very balanced..

Should be a great conference final.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:57 AM
Jacob

Quote:
Originally Posted by McDonald19
He took a cheapshot from Tootoo.
That's becoming a rather common theme.

Old
05-10-2005, 04:11 AM
chiavsfan

If Keenan came to Cincy, Milwaukee, Rochester, Manitoba, any team in the AHL and offered the Bouwmeester, and Weiss, NOT ONE of them would say no. Can it. No one is BUYING anything, they were offered, and they were taken, it's no different than getting a key player for next to nothing for a Stanley Cup run. The Wolves right now are beating the Ducks with a backup goaltender, and beating them handily.

BTW our "bought" players have a whopping 1 goal and 3 assists (all from Weiss)

Old
05-10-2005, 05:40 AM
chiavsfan

More Cheap shots from the Ducks last night, a blatant punch from Kunits to the back of Garnett's head...only a 2 minute minor was called, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of reprimand from the AHL.

Then Breezy gives the old stick to the back of Stewarts head...5 shots later, he was out.

3-0 Wolves

Breezy's Cheap Shot

Takes a big man to slash a guy when he is laying on the ice with 2 guys already on him.

Last edited by chiavsfan: 05-10-2005 at 06:32 AM.
Old
05-10-2005, 08:11 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiavsfan
More Cheap shots from the Ducks last night, a blatant punch from Kunits to the back of Garnett's head...only a 2 minute minor was called, but I wouldn't be surprised to see some kind of reprimand from the AHL.

Then Breezy gives the old stick to the back of Stewarts head...5 shots later, he was out.

3-0 Wolves

Breezy's Cheap Shot

Takes a big man to slash a guy when he is laying on the ice with 2 guys already on him.
Is there anything worse than hearing a fan of the team that is up 3-0 whine and complain? It would be one thing if the series was tied or close, but the Wolves are clearly a better team than Cincy.

(BTW, it's not surprising that the Ducks may get swept in this series. They used so much energy to come back in the last series that they probably don't have anything left in the tank.)

The best way to handle a team that is handing out cheapshots is very simple, beat them and beat them quickly, which is what the Wolves are doing.

Old
05-10-2005, 08:24 AM
chiavsfan

I don't whine because they do it, cheap shots happen, I whine because I don't want to see the team's chances compromised by a bunch of cheap-shot artists. Every fan of every team would feel the same as I do

Old
05-10-2005, 08:55 AM
pelts35.com

Quote:
I don't whine because they do it, cheap shots happen, I whine because I don't want to see the team's chances compromised by a bunch of cheap-shot artists. Every fan of every team would feel the same as I do
Regardless of the reason, you are whining (which, I give you credit for admitting to). Nobody wants to hear you whine when your team is up 3-0 and will probably sweep the series.

Every fan of every team may feel the same, but the majority of them won't whine about it, especially when the series is basically over. As you said, it's part of the game. Get over it.

Old
05-10-2005, 12:15 PM
Chistov23

Quote:

3-0 Wolves

Breezy's Cheap Shot

I don't know maybe its me being biased but it looks like the back of his legs to me. Bryz didn't even get a penalty with the ref right there so I could even see if his stick barely touched him.
Quote:
BTW our "bought" players have a whopping 1 goal and 3 assists
Weiss is averaging over a ppg and Bouw doesn't need to score to have an impact. I don't care about the loan though, I only said that to bug you because you won't shut up about how every other play is a cheap shot.

Old
05-11-2005, 08:30 AM
chiavsfan

Quote:
Weiss is averaging over a ppg
Just curious about your math here...the Wolves have played now 8 games in the playoffs and Weiss has 4 points.

Old
05-11-2005, 08:57 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Originally Posted by DisgruntledHawkFan

Bill Wirtz will be glad to hear this.

Old
05-11-2005, 09:14 AM
chiavsfan

Actually Bill Wirtz hates every mention of the Wolves. I remember a game last year that the Wolves outdrew the Blackhawks, and Wirtz was interviewed after the game, and Wirtz had this stunned look on his face. Priceless

Old
05-11-2005, 09:16 AM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5775
Quote:
Actually Bill Wirtz hates every mention of the Wolves. I remember a game last year that the Wolves outdrew the Blackhawks, and Wirtz was interviewed after the game, and Wirtz had this stunned look on his face. Priceless

I know. He probably also hates the fact the Wolves broadcast home TV games.

I think it's great, really. I don't hate the Blackhawks as a team, I really like a few of their players, but Bill Wirtz has this coming to him. Blackhawk fans are falling in love with a team -- affilated with the Atlanta Thrashers.

Old
05-11-2005, 09:13 PM
Crossbar

Quote:
Originally Posted by L S
Does anyone know the extent of Chistov's injury? He's done for the season, I'm assuming. Poor Cheese.
He's in the lineup tonight and has the Ducks' 3rd goal.

Old
05-14-2005, 07:35 AM
chiavsfan

4-1 Wolves in Game 5...game, set, match.

Ducks looked tired the entire series, took dumb penalties, and finally in Game 5 the Wolves figured out how to score a PP goal. People said in the beginning of the series that they layoff my hurt the Wolves against the uptempo Ducks, but it turned out to be the opposite. THe rest helped the Wolves, and the Ducks were too worn out from the Ads series.

On too Moose land

Closed Thread