HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

OT: Center Ice

Old
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

vCash: 500
I've gotten fed up with the whole thing. During the past few weeks I've dropped Center Ice and had my satellite guy rip everything related to Dish Network out of the house and replace it with DirecTV stuff. The Dish people trying to make deals to keep me with them were pathetically entertaining.

Last edited by JohniusMaximus: 10-22-2010 at 10:42 AM.
JohniusMaximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-23-2010, 12:59 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

your provider (unless it's Dish Network) is powerless to do anything, as is CenterIce\InDemand. The ones that the angry messages need to go to are 1. Fox(they're the ones imposing the blackout rights, as they would normally waive them under normal circumstances, but it's their way of not allowing Dish to circumvent the RSN embargo via Center Ice). Interestingly enough, as of November 1, Dish subscribers will also lose the standard Fox network as well, which is when things will really hit the fan, IMO. At any rate, as I understand it, Center Ice can't be blacked out on a per-provider basis-- it's all or nothing, so because of the Dish\Fox dispute, those of us with DirecTV or Comcast, etc, are affected as well. Fox says that when\if Dish agrees to pay their new broadcast fee, they'll lift the blackout restrictions and things will go back to normal. If you've kept up with the negotiations, you're likely as pessimistic as I am.

2. The Predators -

It's in the team's best interest to figure out a solution by any means. 22 games aren't carried locally -- so where does that leave the fans? Unable to see a quarter of the season? Even if it means working out an arrangement of some sort with the other team's affiliate to broadcast on a temporary channel or something of that nature. Sitting with your hands in your pockets and shrugging, "there's nothing we can do" isn't acceptable. At the very least, you need to be leaning on the...

3. NHL itself to do something. We're not the only ones affected (most of the teams flagshipped on Fox are in the same boat). A united front of displeased constituents should hopefully put some pressure on the league to explore alternative solutions.

The fact that FSTN only carries 55-60 games per season has always been an annoying nuisance to me personally, but I knew that with Center Ice I would still see nearly all games. Tomorrow is a new, extremely frustrating situation.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:13 AM
cleangene

Here we go again....I just saw on the team's fans message board that Saturday's game on SS will only be on the SS in Davidson County. That must be my punishment for spending Saturday night in Knoxville for my mom's birthday. SS, FSTN, PREDS communications directors, cable tv operators........YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:35 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleangene View Post
Here we go again....I just saw on the team's fans message board that Saturday's game on SS will only be on the SS in Davidson County. That must be my punishment for spending Saturday night in Knoxville for my mom's birthday. SS, FSTN, PREDS communications directors, cable tv operators........YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
more like Dish Network sucks ...

One Link

Quote:
DROP DISH UPDATE (SPAM-A-RAMA DING DONG)

Here’s what the dolts at Dish Network have decided to do to escalate their “fight” with Fox.

So at 3:45 yesterday they send out this email to all of their customers re-enforcing their misguided position that the brouhaha is all Fox’s fault and asking subscribers to boycott Fox programming and their sponsors. At 3:46 in-boxes start getting hit with this spam e-mail over and over. Within 30 minutes, about 100 of them (they are all exactly the same message) have been sent. They continued all afternoon with as many as 800 of these electronic harassment propaganda pieces piling up in in-boxes.

Fox has confirmed that all of their teams have informed them of the e-mails, with each team's PR dept absorbing the brunt of the e-assault.

So this is Dish's answer? Ask the fans to boycott the teams and our sponsors due to a contract dispute that we have NOTHING to do with. What’s next? Egg our windows? Light poop on fire on our doorsteps? Tell us to turn our own children in for watching? Spitballs and straws?

Clowns.

And besides, who is really to blame in all of this? If Fox can cut a deal with DirecTV, AT&T U-verse, Verizon Fios, Time Warner, Charter and all of the other providers, how can this be Fox's fault? If it were, wouldn't ALL of the carriers be holding out on them?

Dish Network. You are now failing at failing. Dunces.

If you haven’t already, join my movement to Drop the Dish. Our children’s future may rely on it...and, as you know, children are our future – Dish Network is not.

Posted on October 21, 2010 10:13 AM Permalink Send to a Friend Email Razor

Joe T Choker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 06:58 AM
cleangene

I know that Dish network has dropped the ball, but my situation involves comcast showing football on every single network....woooooo, I know that ark/vandy matchup will be going down to the wire. When it comes down to it, we can just go down the entire list to add AND THEY SUCK TOO.

cleangene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 12:08 PM
hockey_socks

Quote:
I know that Dish network has dropped the ball, but my situation involves comcast showing football on every single network....woooooo, I know that ark/vandy matchup will be going down to the wire. When it comes down to it, we can just go down the entire list to add AND THEY SUCK TOO.
Yeh, don't you just love that little extra stab this season if you're an out-of-towner? "Oh, btw, when we made this new TV deal, we agreed that those of you outside the immediate Nashville area won't be getting all the SportSouth games." I'm guessing they didn't forsee the whole Center Ice mess, but seriously...college football?

If, they could get deal for all the games with FSN-TN we wouldn't have this mess. It's stupid.

hockey_socks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 02:09 PM
gopreds

Quote:
I live in Sumner county and see the game listed on SportsSouth(Channel 284) on Comcast for Saturday, I guess I am in the "immediate Nashville" area.

Last edited by gopreds: 10-28-2010 at 02:16 PM.
gopreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 04:28 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopreds View Post
I live in Sumner county and see the game listed on SportsSouth(Channel 284) on Comcast for Saturday, I guess I am in the "immediate Nashville" area.
I'm in Rutherford and it's listed here as well on DirecTV. I wonder where the cutoff point is for the "immediate Nashville area."

Old
10-29-2010, 04:18 PM
gopreds

Dish and Fox have finally reached a deal.

Will this also mean the lifting of Center Ice Blackouts when a local team is not broadcasting on a local RSN?

http://www.thewrap.com/television/co...greement-22096

gopreds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-29-2010, 04:32 PM
JohniusMaximus
Digging the Sarchasm

Quote:

Will this also mean the lifting of Center Ice Blackouts when a local team is not broadcasting on a local RSN?

It should mean that as best I can understand it. And I would assume this would be done ASAP.

Old
10-29-2010, 05:02 PM
utmfisher19

Send a message via AIM to utmfisher19 Send a message via MSN to utmfisher19 Send a message via Yahoo to utmfisher19
Quote:

finally... great news

utmfisher19 is offline   Reply With Quote