HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

MSG One of the Cheapest Places to Buy a Beer

Old
10-28-2010, 11:00 AM
WhipNash27
Quattro!!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by skroob View Post
There is ONE place in the whole garden that has decent selection, and that is on the 300 level concourse outside the food stalls, between towers C and D.

Its the push carts against the wall. Anchor Steam, Brooklyn Lager, Blue Moon, etc.

Of course, its $10 a cup there, not $9.50. They know the good stuff and price it higher.
That's where I always buy my beer. Although I think it is a 24 oz cup. In NYC, you'll normally find a pint for like $8, so $10 for 24 oz isn't all that bad. Probably some of the cheapest beer you'll find in Manhattan

WhipNash27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 11:23 AM
bubba5

Too bad we can't clip coupons!

bubba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 05:21 PM
mti79

When I started going to games a few years ago beers were $7.75 a piece. They've gone up every year to the point where my 22oz Yuengling cost me $10 a pop on opening night.... And that's why I drink before the game by the LIRR where my 25 oz Molson XXX costs $5.

mti79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:43 PM
savebyrichter35

I think it's also worth noting that, as far as I know anyway, they've raised concession prices this year much more than they have in years past, which I'm sure has alot to do with the fact that they didn't raise ticket prices. Every game I get chicken fingers and fries with a large coke (and roasted red pepper sauce...they never give it to you, you have to ask for it, and you won't regret it!!!) and every year the total price goes up 25 or 50 cents. It was $13 last season and this season I paid $14.50. I'm assuming the rest of the food and drinks were given a heftier rise in price as well.

savebyrichter35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:45 PM
ecemleafs

the "bigger" draft beer at red bull arena is 11 bucks haha...ny prices are such a rip off.

ecemleafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:59 PM
trueblue9441

Send a message via AIM to trueblue9441
Quote:
Originally Posted by savebyrichter35 View Post
I think it's also worth noting that, as far as I know anyway, they've raised concession prices this year much more than they have in years past, which I'm sure has alot to do with the fact that they didn't raise ticket prices. Every game I get chicken fingers and fries with a large coke (and roasted red pepper sauce...they never give it to you, you have to ask for it, and you won't regret it!!!) and every year the total price goes up 25 or 50 cents. It was $13 last season and this season I paid $14.50. I'm assuming the rest of the food and drinks were given a heftier rise in price as well.
damn good sauce

trueblue9441 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
You know the Premio Sausages you can get at select stands? I remember them being like $5.50 or so maybe 2-3 years ago... Last season I believe they were closer to $8 or so.... Such a rip off now....

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:35 PM
skroob**

Quote:

On a related topic, How is is smart for companies like Ranch 1, Blimpie, and Johnny Rockets to sell their name rights to concession stands and NOT require them to serve their actual food?

Case in point, Ranch1 has stands in MSG, but the are not the same fries or chicken you get at a Ranch1 store. And the blimpie subs are just deli heros. Different bread (which is the only thing that defines any sub shop from each other). And The Johnny Rockets in Yankee stadium could never be confused with the real Johnny Rockets???

I know they get money for the naming rights, but why associate your brand with an inferior product???

skroob** is offline   Reply With Quote