HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Carolina-Minnesota

Old
10-28-2010, 02:32 PM
bretzky29ca*

vCash: 500
Carolina-Minnesota

Minnesota's defence has definitily turned the corner, and now has plenty of depth. Greg Zanon on most teams can be a solid #3/#4 defenceman, and with the emergence of the likes of Zidlicky and Barker, that may no longer be plausible for Zanon to fit the role with the Wild.

To Carolina: D Greg Zanon

To Minnesota: F Zach Boychuk
4th round pick '11

bretzky29ca* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 02:39 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Officer Clutterbuck

Carolina would never do that. Doesn't make sense for them in the slightest.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 02:41 PM
Dr Jan Itor

I'd probably be down for something like this if we're out of it at the deadline. Don't know much about Boychuk, but if Falk can continue to improve, Zanon could become expendable. This sounds like something we would be looking for, should we move him later on.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 02:44 PM
nickschultzfan

How about Kobasew + Miettinen for Ruutu?

nickschultzfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:15 PM
N O T O R I O U S
╱█████★█████╲

vCash: 227
LOL why would Carolina do this

N O T O R I O U S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:44 PM
Anton Skinner
DAT PASS

I am curious, is Zanon that bad? I admittedly havent watched him at all and dont know anything about him. I know some people ahve soured on Boychuk already with us because he hasnt really shown what we expected, but many are willing to wait it out and see what happens this year and maybe the start of next year as well before jumping ship on him.

Anton Skinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:48 PM
AlMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
Minnesota's defence has definitily turned the corner, and now has plenty of depth. Greg Zanon on most teams can be a solid #3/#4 defenceman, and with the emergence of the likes of Zidlicky and Barker, that may no longer be plausible for Zanon to fit the role with the Wild.

To Carolina: D Greg Zanon

To Minnesota: F Zach Boychuk
4th round pick '11
Horrible! Take out Boychuk and you have a deal

AlMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 03:51 PM
Dr Jan Itor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSoldier15U View Post
I am curious, is Zanon that bad? I admittedly havent watched him at all and dont know anything about him. I know some people ahve soured on Boychuk already with us because he hasnt really shown what we expected, but many are willing to wait it out and see what happens this year and maybe the start of next year as well before jumping ship on him.
No, he isn't bad. He contributes very little offense, blocks a lot of shots, plays good ont he PK, isn't a liability at even strength, and signed to a pretty good contract. Essentially, he's a good #4/ great #5 (depending on what your team needs). I'm very happy with him here. However, we have Falk playing very well right now, and Scandella waiting in Houston, both of whom have similar skill sets as Zanon, and are younger and cheaper options going forward.

Note: I'm not wishing/hoping that something like this would go through. But, if managment deems it necessary, then a young forward prospect and a mid-round pick is what I would hope the return would be.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 07:58 PM
Cardiac_Canes

Send a message via MSN to Cardiac_Canes
The best part is that the OP thinks Carolina has to add a pick to even things out.

Cardiac_Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 08:46 PM
saywut

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanSoldier15U View Post
Zanon was our most consistent d-man, and maybe our best d-man who finished the season last year with us(as Kim Johnsson was dealt at the deadline). He'll throw his body in front of the puck or opposing players. The drawbacks of that is he is oft-injured, but he'll play hurt, evident by last year he played through a broken ankle. His mobility and puck skills give some to be desired, but pair him with a solid skating puck moving defenseman and it will make a solid 2nd pairing.

Zanon makes the most sense to move to create a spot for Scandella because of his contract. Nick Schultz and Cam Barker's contracts are much higher cap-hits which make them harder to move, while Burns is our #1 and Zidlicky has a NTC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlMo View Post
Horrible! Take out Boychuk and you have a deal
Well a lesser player, as a rental last season named Niclas Wallin got a 2nd, so I'd have to say Zanon gets quite a bit more than a 4th.

saywut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 09:59 PM
bretzky29ca*

This is a win now league. It amazes me constantly on how team's fans hold their mid level prospects so sacredly. Unless the prospect is absolute can't miss a general manager should always look at moving a mid level prospect for a player who can immediately help your team. Boychuk being the mid level prospect, and Zanon being the immediate upgrade.

bretzky29ca* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
10-28-2010, 10:09 PM
DaveG
Mod Supervisor
Trick Daddy

vCash: 2498
Quote:
Originally Posted by bretzky29ca View Post
This is a win now league. It amazes me constantly on how team's fans hold their mid level prospects so sacredly. Unless the prospect is absolute can't miss a general manager should always look at moving a mid level prospect for a player who can immediately help your team. Boychuk being the mid level prospect, and Zanon being the immediate upgrade.
Since when is Boychuk mid-level? He's not elite but he's still a high-end prospect. Guys like Chris Terry and Jerome Samson, now those are mid-level prospects.

I'd like Zanon on Carolina, wanted the Canes to sign him when he was a UFA. But is he worth Boychuk and a mid-round pick? no, especially not on a Canes team that is rebuilding themselves.

DaveG is offline   Reply With Quote